John Douglas

santos1014

Nana to Madelynn and Ethan
Reaction score
Website
profile.myspace.com
I was in the bookstore over the weekend and saw a book by John Douglas. It was titled Cases that Haunt us...or something like that. I skimmed through it, because JBR's case is in it. He believes IDI.
Now my brain is running in circles. I have read several of his books and have always admired the way he was right on target. Trusted that he was so skilled....
I did not purchase the book, just skimmed through it. Has anyone read this book, or is there a thread on this forum regarding John Douglas at all that I could be directed to?

I will go back and purchase the book if need be...I am disturbed with myself that seeing his opinion has caused me to doubt my own.

santos1014 said:
I was in the bookstore over the weekend and saw a book by John Douglas. It was titled Cases that Haunt us...or something like that. I skimmed through it, because JBR's case is in it. He believes IDI.
Now my brain is running in circles. I have read several of his books and have always admired the way he was right on target. Trusted that he was so skilled....
I did not purchase the book, just skimmed through it. Has anyone read this book, or is there a thread on this forum regarding John Douglas at all that I could be directed to?

I will go back and purchase the book if need be...I am disturbed with myself that seeing his opinion has caused me to doubt my own.
I have that book. I have just about all of his books.

santos1014 said:

There used to be a number of threads on Douglas and his opinion in that book. A lot of the RDIs believe he came to his judgment with too little info.

Nova said:
There used to be a number of threads on Douglas and his opinion in that book. A lot of the RDIs believe he came to his judgment with too little info.
Nova! :blowkiss:

santos1014 said:

Mr. Douglas disputes his own beliefs with this one. He had the audacity to come out and say that he was receiving so many phone calls (after the arrest of Karr) from his friends who said he was right about the Ramseys. He did not even wait to see the outcome and WE ALL KNOW THE OUTCOME.

Mr. Douglas does not deny that he loves the limelight. He admits it and he loved it too much this time.

I've read two of his books and was put off by the impression that he really, really loves himself. When I read the reviews on Amazon and elsewhere, it seemed to be a very common criticism.

Jayelles said:
I've read two of his books and was put off by the impression that he really, really loves himself. When I read the reviews on Amazon and elsewhere, it seemed to be a very common criticism.
You should visit his forum, loves himself alright.

John Douglas has his own forum, Narlacat? That might be interesting in spite of the flaw that we all tend to notice. Maybe to him it seems to be self-defense against criticizm, who knows? I'm not denying the R's lie, and that JD seems unusually conceited.

narlacat said:
You should visit his forum, loves himself alright.
I'm unconfortable with all the sexual innuendo about John Douglas on that forum. Maybe I'm just a prude, but I think it's rather tasteless. Besides, any forum is only as good as its moderators. I dislike forums where the moderators attack the members. Mods are supposed to stop that kind of behaviour - not initiate it.

Jayelles said:
I'm unconfortable with all the sexual innuendo about John Douglas on that forum. Maybe I'm just a prude, but I think it's rather tasteless. Besides, any forum is only as good as its moderators. I dislike forums where the moderators attack the members. Mods are supposed to stop that kind of behaviour - not initiate it.
I dont think is being a prude. Its just acceptable boundary setting. Nothing wrong with that. Unless it is part of the discussion as applies why go there I agree with you:silenced:

Eagle1 said:
John Douglas has his own forum, Narlacat? That might be interesting in spite of the flaw that we all tend to notice. Maybe to him it seems to be self-defense against criticizm, who knows? I'm not denying the R's lie, and that JD seems unusually conceited.
Yeah, used to go there a bit, but just got attacked so...don't go there now.

http://www.johndouglasmindhunter.com/forums/http://www.mindhunter.com/

I will check it out, think maybe I've been there before, just now bookmarked it, maybe a second time. Thanks.

Gotta read this thread again now looking for whatever "sexual innuendo" I didn't notice which someone complained about mods not noticing. Did you see anything? Maybe I blinked.

Eagle1 said:
I will check it out, think maybe I've been there before, just now bookmarked it, maybe a second time. Thanks.

Gotta read this thread again now looking for whatever "sexual innuendo" I didn't notice which someone complained about mods not noticing. Did you see anything? Maybe I blinked.
Hi Eagle, I believe the Ramseys have lied also. This is a sincere question. Can you tell me some of the instances where you believe they lied. I am very interested. Thanks Eagle.

Solace said:
Hi Eagle, I believe the Ramseys have lied also. This is a sincere question. Can you tell me some of the instances where you believe they lied. I am very interested. Thanks Eagle.

Hi, Solace,

Most everyone here has focused on this, and I'm probably about the only one who hasn't, sorry. Only one I can think of at the moment is that they may not have been the only ones in the house. Some activity they would be ashamed of may have been going on with some of the friends, like McSanta, but I wouldn't have any idea exactly what. Probably someone else could make a list for you.

I'd recomend getting the book from the library - that way you're not out any money.

His conclusion in the JBR case isn't supported by the rest of the people he trained.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back