652 users online (89 members and 563 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Misinformation on other forums

Sorry for starting a new thread for this, but I get really appalled at the damage which can be caused by gossip. I need to set the record straight on this.

"Mindhunter" from Atlanta Ga posted this at Topix:-

That is a very good possibility. I read somewhere, I will have to try and find it. That one time when the W's had gone to Charlevoix with the Ramsey's their housekeeper had found FW in Jb's room alone with her. And she found that odd as do I. There was also something about her seeing FW snooping around in a dresser. I don't know for sure if that is fact. Because I found it on the web, and as we all know alot on the web is fictious. I will try to find the link.
    http://www.topix.net/forum/news/jonb...M9J0J32EO6T/p3

B was the Charlevoix housekeeper who gossiped viciously about Fleet White at jameson's whilst boasting that she and others hadn't spoken to the media. However, she did not post that Fleet White had been found alone in JBR's bedroom with her. She DID post that Fleet had been found in JonBenet's bedroom and when questioned, she admitted that Daphne had been sharing jonBenet's bedroom with her. This put a very different slant to the story. Fleet wasn't in JonBenet's bedroom - but in the bedroom where his own daughter was sleeping. He could have been looking for a sock... or making her bed ... or picking her clothes off the floor.

Regarding the story about Fleet looking in John's wallet - I have read another version of this story - namely that Fleet caught one of the housekeepers looking in the wallet.

I do hope someone corrects this poster at Topix.
    This is only my opinion

Let the focus be on Madeleine

Together we can make a difference

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Member of Websleuths since April 2000

Hi Jayelles

Hi Jayelles,

You should visit Topix and post your comments. We could use your input over there. You don't have to register to post.

Thanks,
    Indigo

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo
    Hi Jayelles,

You should visit Topix and post your comments. We could use your input over there. You don't have to register to post.

Thanks,
    Indigo
    Thanks. I'd find Topix too stressful. Besides, I dislike the fact that my town name would be displayed.
    This is only my opinion

Alert Viewer in Scotland

You're right...it is really stressful. I may not be able to do this for much longer.

Take Care,
    Indigo

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    Sorry for starting a new thread for this, but I get really appalled at the damage which can be caused by gossip. I need to set the record straight on this.

"Mindhunter" from Atlanta Ga posted this at Topix:-

http://www.topix.net/forum/news/jonb...M9J0J32EO6T/p3

B was the Charlevoix housekeeper who gossiped viciously about Fleet White at jameson's whilst boasting that she and others hadn't spoken to the media. However, she did not post that Fleet White had been found alone in JBR's bedroom with her. She DID post that Fleet had been found in JonBenet's bedroom and when questioned, she admitted that Daphne had been sharing jonBenet's bedroom with her. This put a very different slant to the story. Fleet wasn't in JonBenet's bedroom - but in the bedroom where his own daughter was sleeping. He could have been looking for a sock... or making her bed ... or picking her clothes off the floor.

Regarding the story about Fleet looking in John's wallet - I have read another version of this story - namely that Fleet caught one of the housekeepers looking in the wallet.

I do hope someone corrects this poster at Topix.
    Then may I suggest you write the administrator of the forum. It is hideous to allow such gossip to continue. Fleet White is a good man. Who has done more to find justice for JonBenet than her own father imho. CK

Quote Originally Posted by coloradokares
    Then may I suggest you write the administrator of the forum. It is hideous to allow such gossip to continue. Fleet White is a good man. Who has done more to find justice for JonBenet than her own father imho. CK
    I beleive so too.And none of those other forums can ever change my mind about the R's.I don't post or even read any others except FFJ sometimes,b/c I can't find any truth except here and there.
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778
    I beleive so too.And none of those other forums can ever change my mind about the R's.I don't post or even read any others except FFJ sometimes,b/c I can't find any truth except here and there.
    Don't ever head over to the court tv boards....you would be wasting your time there. Its nothing but IDI's...and RDI bashing. I used to post there...but I am SOOOO glad to have found websleuths. What a nice change of pace...

Quote Originally Posted by Ames
    Don't ever head over to the court tv boards....you would be wasting your time there. Its nothing but IDI's...and RDI bashing. I used to post there...but I am SOOOO glad to have found websleuths. What a nice change of pace...
    thx,I don't recall where I once posted,but when I said I thought PR did it,I got nonsense responses about the (degraded) dna,they said she clawed at the rope,and other things that werent true.it was ridiculous.one poster even said
    "Patsy cleaned that house from top to bottom herself",which almost had me laughing.. that's not the case per ST and LHP.(and other maids she's had).I swear I thought I was talking to PP.that was the funniest statement I think I've ever read.
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778
    thx,I don't recall where I once posted,but when I said I thought PR did it,I got nonsense responses about the (degraded) dna,they said she clawed at the rope,and other things that werent true.it was ridiculous.one poster even said
    "Patsy cleaned that house from top to bottom herself",which almost had me laughing.. that's not the case per ST and LHP.(and other maids she's had).I swear I thought I was talking to PP.that was the funniest statement I think I've ever read.
    LOL..now THATS funny! Patsy? Cleaning her OWN house? I think NOT!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ames
    Yes very refreshing.

Would you like for me to post the clarification over at Topix, Jayelles?

-Tea

Would you like for me to post the clarification over at Topix, Jayelles?

Do you think it would make any difference? I doubt it would. I gave up corercting misinformation at Courttv. The posters there were more interested in flaming and petty name-calling than in facts and civil discussion. I rather suspect that some of the regulars at Topix are the same people who posted at CTV!
    This is only my opinion

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Here's another one at Topix (although I have also read this at Courttv):-

"The Hi-tec print was an adults - not a child's.!"

This is an argument which is often given in response to suggestions that the Hi-Tec print may have been Burke's.

http://www.topix.net/forum/news/jonb...BMDDN#lastPost

Allow me to repost some facts about shoe sizes:-

The Hi-Tec Print
    It was a partial print only - the LOGO was legible.

The Ramseys denied that any of them had owned Hi-Tec shoes or boots, however, it transpired that Burke had indeed owned a pair of Hi-Tec shoes which had compasses on the laces. This seems to have come out during the Grand Jury and Lin Wood was apparently more concerned with the leak than with the fact itself.

Elsewhere, it is being claimed that:-
    Quote:
    The footprint found in the basement room was approximately an adult size 9-1/2.
    Burke got new shoes on January 7, 1997 -- they were youth size 5.
    http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/...mID61/1825.html

Does this mean that the print couldn't have been Burke's? Absolutely not.

Here's why:-

Grade school Sizes
    Age = 9 -10 Years
    Inches = 9 1/8" - 9 13/16"
    Kid's Size = 5 - 7

Men's Shoes Sizes
    Inches = 10 1/2" - 10 2/3"
    Men's Size = 9 1/2

http://www.fogdog.com/fog-determine...-bg-301801.html

There would be little more than half an inch difference in length between a youth size 5 and an adult size 9.5. That print was NOT complete enough to determine a 0.5 - 1 inch difference in length.

The Hi-Tec print cannot be dated.

TeamRamsey claim that it was recent because there was fast growing mould in the basement - proving that it must have been fresh, but photos taken many month apart showed there was no difference in the mould - it hadn't perceptibly grown or spread.

If Burke made the print - so what? He lived in the house and it certainly isn't evidence that he was involved in his sister's death.

The FACT is that the print is not going to catch any perp. Hi-Tecs are common enough footwear and almost 10 years have passed since the murder. It is ridiculous to hold it up as "evidence". It isn't.
    http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...08&postcount=1
    This is only my opinion

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo
    You're right...it is really stressful. I may not be able to do this for much longer.

Take Care,
    Indigo
    Just hang out here with us, Indigo!

Not Your Real Town, Just Routing

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    Thanks. I'd find Topix too stressful. Besides, I dislike the fact that my town name would be displayed.
    Posts by one of the members at Topix are "routed" through various towns in the area. Someone asked her about it, thinking she was doing that herself in order to disguise where she lives. So I'm sure it's the same with everyone. I installed "iZoom", someone else might need to know, better than Magnifier and you can adjust the size. The up or down arrow key on the side may not always be visible but in that case the original stock arrow keys seem to work.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast