Misinformation on other forums

Jayelles

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sorry for starting a new thread for this, but I get really appalled at the damage which can be caused by gossip. I need to set the record straight on this.

"Mindhunter" from Atlanta Ga posted this at Topix:-

That is a very good possibility. I read somewhere, I will have to try and find it. That one time when the W's had gone to Charlevoix with the Ramsey's their housekeeper had found FW in Jb's room alone with her. And she found that odd as do I. There was also something about her seeing FW snooping around in a dresser. I don't know for sure if that is fact. Because I found it on the web, and as we all know alot on the web is fictious. I will try to find the link.
http://www.topix.net/forum/news/jonbenet-ramsey/TKODI6M9J0J32EO6T/p3

B was the Charlevoix housekeeper who gossiped viciously about Fleet White at jameson's whilst boasting that she and others hadn't spoken to the media. However, she did not post that Fleet White had been found alone in JBR's bedroom with her. She DID post that Fleet had been found in JonBenet's bedroom and when questioned, she admitted that Daphne had been sharing jonBenet's bedroom with her. This put a very different slant to the story. Fleet wasn't in JonBenet's bedroom - but in the bedroom where his own daughter was sleeping. He could have been looking for a sock... or making her bed ... or picking her clothes off the floor.

Regarding the story about Fleet looking in John's wallet - I have read another version of this story - namely that Fleet caught one of the housekeepers looking in the wallet.

I do hope someone corrects this poster at Topix.

Hi Jayelles,

You should visit Topix and post your comments. We could use your input over there. You don't have to register to post.

Thanks,
Indigo

Indigo said:
Hi Jayelles,

You should visit Topix and post your comments. We could use your input over there. You don't have to register to post.

Thanks,
Indigo
Thanks. I'd find Topix too stressful. Besides, I dislike the fact that my town name would be displayed.

You're right...it is really stressful.:( I may not be able to do this for much longer.

Take Care,
Indigo

Jayelles said:
Sorry for starting a new thread for this, but I get really appalled at the damage which can be caused by gossip. I need to set the record straight on this.

"Mindhunter" from Atlanta Ga posted this at Topix:-

http://www.topix.net/forum/news/jonbenet-ramsey/TKODI6M9J0J32EO6T/p3

B was the Charlevoix housekeeper who gossiped viciously about Fleet White at jameson's whilst boasting that she and others hadn't spoken to the media. However, she did not post that Fleet White had been found alone in JBR's bedroom with her. She DID post that Fleet had been found in JonBenet's bedroom and when questioned, she admitted that Daphne had been sharing jonBenet's bedroom with her. This put a very different slant to the story. Fleet wasn't in JonBenet's bedroom - but in the bedroom where his own daughter was sleeping. He could have been looking for a sock... or making her bed ... or picking her clothes off the floor.

Regarding the story about Fleet looking in John's wallet - I have read another version of this story - namely that Fleet caught one of the housekeepers looking in the wallet.

I do hope someone corrects this poster at Topix.
Then may I suggest you write the administrator of the forum. It is hideous to allow such gossip to continue. Fleet White is a good man. Who has done more to find justice for JonBenet than her own father imho. CK

coloradokares said:
Then may I suggest you write the administrator of the forum. It is hideous to allow such gossip to continue. Fleet White is a good man. Who has done more to find justice for JonBenet than her own father imho. CK
I beleive so too.And none of those other forums can ever change my mind about the R's.I don't post or even read any others except FFJ sometimes,b/c I can't find any truth except here and there.

JMO8778 said:
I beleive so too.And none of those other forums can ever change my mind about the R's.I don't post or even read any others except FFJ sometimes,b/c I can't find any truth except here and there.
Don't ever head over to the court tv boards....you would be wasting your time there. Its nothing but IDI's...and RDI bashing. I used to post there...but I am SOOOO glad to have found websleuths. What a nice change of pace...

Ames said:
Don't ever head over to the court tv boards....you would be wasting your time there. Its nothing but IDI's...and RDI bashing. I used to post there...but I am SOOOO glad to have found websleuths. What a nice change of pace...
thx,I don't recall where I once posted,but when I said I thought PR did it,I got nonsense responses about the (degraded) dna,they said she clawed at the rope,and other things that werent true.it was ridiculous.one poster even said
"Patsy cleaned that house from top to bottom herself",which almost had me laughing.. :snooty: that's not the case per ST and LHP.(and other maids she's had).I swear I thought I was talking to PP.that was the funniest statement I think I've ever read.

JMO8778 said:
thx,I don't recall where I once posted,but when I said I thought PR did it,I got nonsense responses about the (degraded) dna,they said she clawed at the rope,and other things that werent true.it was ridiculous.one poster even said
"Patsy cleaned that house from top to bottom herself",which almost had me laughing.. :snooty: that's not the case per ST and LHP.(and other maids she's had).I swear I thought I was talking to PP.that was the funniest statement I think I've ever read.
LOL..now THATS funny! Patsy? Cleaning her OWN house? I think NOT!! LOL

Ames said:
Yes very refreshing.

Would you like for me to post the clarification over at Topix, Jayelles?

-Tea

Would you like for me to post the clarification over at Topix, Jayelles?
Do you think it would make any difference? I doubt it would. I gave up corercting misinformation at Courttv. The posters there were more interested in flaming and petty name-calling than in facts and civil discussion. I rather suspect that some of the regulars at Topix are the same people who posted at CTV!

Here's another one at Topix (although I have also read this at Courttv):-

"The Hi-tec print was an adults - not a child's.!"

This is an argument which is often given in response to suggestions that the Hi-Tec print may have been Burke's.

http://www.topix.net/forum/news/jonbenet-ramsey/TBTJ5GS9AUQDBMDDN#lastPost

Allow me to repost some facts about shoe sizes:-

The Hi-Tec Print
It was a partial print only - the LOGO was legible.

The Ramseys denied that any of them had owned Hi-Tec shoes or boots, however, it transpired that Burke had indeed owned a pair of Hi-Tec shoes which had compasses on the laces. This seems to have come out during the Grand Jury and Lin Wood was apparently more concerned with the leak than with the fact itself.

Elsewhere, it is being claimed that:-
Quote:
The footprint found in the basement room was approximately an adult size 9-1/2.
Burke got new shoes on January 7, 1997 -- they were youth size 5.
http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/...mID61/1825.html

Does this mean that the print couldn't have been Burke's? Absolutely not.

Here's why:-

Grade school Sizes
Age = 9 -10 Years
Inches = 9 1/8" - 9 13/16"
Kid's Size = 5 - 7

Men's Shoes Sizes
Inches = 10 1/2" - 10 2/3"
Men's Size = 9 1/2

http://www.fogdog.com/fog-determine...-bg-301801.html

There would be little more than half an inch difference in length between a youth size 5 and an adult size 9.5. That print was NOT complete enough to determine a 0.5 - 1 inch difference in length.

The Hi-Tec print cannot be dated.

TeamRamsey claim that it was recent because there was fast growing mould in the basement - proving that it must have been fresh, but photos taken many month apart showed there was no difference in the mould - it hadn't perceptibly grown or spread.

If Burke made the print - so what? He lived in the house and it certainly isn't evidence that he was involved in his sister's death.

The FACT is that the print is not going to catch any perp. Hi-Tecs are common enough footwear and almost 10 years have passed since the murder. It is ridiculous to hold it up as "evidence". It isn't.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1101508&postcount=1

Indigo said:
You're right...it is really stressful.:( I may not be able to do this for much longer.

Take Care,
Indigo
Just hang out here with us, Indigo! :)

Jayelles said:
Thanks. I'd find Topix too stressful. Besides, I dislike the fact that my town name would be displayed.

Posts by one of the members at Topix are "routed" through various towns in the area. Someone asked her about it, thinking she was doing that herself in order to disguise where she lives. So I'm sure it's the same with everyone. I installed "iZoom", someone else might need to know, better than Magnifier and you can adjust the size. The up or down arrow key on the side may not always be visible but in that case the original stock arrow keys seem to work.

Eagle1 said:
Posts by one of the members at Topix are "routed" through various towns in the area. Someone asked her about it, thinking she was doing that herself in order to disguise where she lives. So I'm sure it's the same with everyone. I installed "iZoom", someone else might need to know, better than Magnifier and you can adjust the size. The up or down arrow key on the side may not always be visible but in that case the original stock arrow keys seem to work.
No, I did a test post. My real town shows up. I think it depends on whether you have broadband or dial-up. People with dial-up can connect via different ISPs - some of which might be in different towns and cities. One way around it is to use an Anonymiser program on your computer, but I couldn't be bothered with that. I'm not that desperate to post on Topix.

I have never posted at Topix, and had never even heard of it before...until I joined websleuths. I used to post over at courttv, but...I am content, just where I am...here I websleuths. You posters here should be very proud of yourselves, you are a fine bunch of people. I was a lurker here for about two days before joining, and I haven't seen any bashing or disrespectful remarks anywhere on this board, toward other posters. To me, that says an awful lot about websleuths. Someone over at the courttv boards, came onto the JB websleuths board, and copied and pasted one of my posts that I made about the courttv posters, onto the courttv JB board. So, I am sure that this one will be added to their collection. OH WELL! I guess that it gives them something other than the IDI theory to keep talking about over and over and over again. Just want to say again, that I am happy to be here.....so, keep up the good work!! :woohoo:

I posted at Topix once to see if my hometown would be listed, and it wasn't - it said I was from a town several states away, and I have broadband.

Well, Ames, Freshwater said there would be some changes, but I have yet to see any. The CTV JBR board has some real issues with people who have trouble maintaining a polite and "professional" attitude...it's always been like that over there. That situation with someone copying your post from here to put up there just for mockery is not the first time I have seen people at CTV do so.

There are a few new members here lately and I'd like to say welcome to you all.

I've been a member of Websleuths for over 6 years and there are loads of members who have been here longer than me. I like the familiarity and the varied discussion thay comes through all POVs being made welcome.

I only visit CTV occasionally and it seems that everytime I do, it's a whole new bunch of people posting there! I agree with you that it can get nasty there though. I stopped going there for a long time because there was a small but very nasty group who were like a tag team.

I only really recognise some posters at CTV - like Rashamon who is a member here and LouiseDelmar who posts as Tipper everywhere else and who is or used to be a member here.

Nuisanceposter said:
I posted at Topix once to see if my hometown would be listed, and it wasn't - it said I was from a town several states away, and I have broadband.

Well, Ames, Freshwater said there would be some changes, but I have yet to see any. The CTV JBR board has some real issues with people who have trouble maintaining a polite and "professional" attitude...it's always been like that over there. That situation with someone copying your post from here to put up there just for mockery is not the first time I have seen people at CTV do so.
Yes and if they said what they did about me, and if I were less a person than I am I could seek an attorney. I have over 80 links on my files on my computer at present. To my knowledge one alone is from a tabloid source that being the Globe but it is accurate and right on. So I used it regarding the Beaver Coat and boots. I hear I am the tabloid queen. And other less nice comments to boot. Of course I wasnt' that nice when I said they were a virtual coven of RST..... that was beneath me....:doh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back