Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 105
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1
    Posts by one of the members at Topix are "routed" through various towns in the area. Someone asked her about it, thinking she was doing that herself in order to disguise where she lives. So I'm sure it's the same with everyone. I installed "iZoom", someone else might need to know, better than Magnifier and you can adjust the size. The up or down arrow key on the side may not always be visible but in that case the original stock arrow keys seem to work.
    No, I did a test post. My real town shows up. I think it depends on whether you have broadband or dial-up. People with dial-up can connect via different ISPs - some of which might be in different towns and cities. One way around it is to use an Anonymiser program on your computer, but I couldn't be bothered with that. I'm not that desperate to post on Topix.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000


  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838

    Topix

    I have never posted at Topix, and had never even heard of it before...until I joined websleuths. I used to post over at courttv, but...I am content, just where I am...here I websleuths. You posters here should be very proud of yourselves, you are a fine bunch of people. I was a lurker here for about two days before joining, and I haven't seen any bashing or disrespectful remarks anywhere on this board, toward other posters. To me, that says an awful lot about websleuths. Someone over at the courttv boards, came onto the JB websleuths board, and copied and pasted one of my posts that I made about the courttv posters, onto the courttv JB board. So, I am sure that this one will be added to their collection. OH WELL! I guess that it gives them something other than the IDI theory to keep talking about over and over and over again. Just want to say again, that I am happy to be here.....so, keep up the good work!!
    "This time we get it right."


  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,399
    I posted at Topix once to see if my hometown would be listed, and it wasn't - it said I was from a town several states away, and I have broadband.

    Well, Ames, Freshwater said there would be some changes, but I have yet to see any. The CTV JBR board has some real issues with people who have trouble maintaining a polite and "professional" attitude...it's always been like that over there. That situation with someone copying your post from here to put up there just for mockery is not the first time I have seen people at CTV do so.


  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    There are a few new members here lately and I'd like to say welcome to you all.

    I've been a member of Websleuths for over 6 years and there are loads of members who have been here longer than me. I like the familiarity and the varied discussion thay comes through all POVs being made welcome.

    I only visit CTV occasionally and it seems that everytime I do, it's a whole new bunch of people posting there! I agree with you that it can get nasty there though. I stopped going there for a long time because there was a small but very nasty group who were like a tag team.

    I only really recognise some posters at CTV - like Rashamon who is a member here and LouiseDelmar who posts as Tipper everywhere else and who is or used to be a member here.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayelles For This Useful Post:


  6. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter
    I posted at Topix once to see if my hometown would be listed, and it wasn't - it said I was from a town several states away, and I have broadband.

    Well, Ames, Freshwater said there would be some changes, but I have yet to see any. The CTV JBR board has some real issues with people who have trouble maintaining a polite and "professional" attitude...it's always been like that over there. That situation with someone copying your post from here to put up there just for mockery is not the first time I have seen people at CTV do so.
    Yes and if they said what they did about me, and if I were less a person than I am I could seek an attorney. I have over 80 links on my files on my computer at present. To my knowledge one alone is from a tabloid source that being the Globe but it is accurate and right on. So I used it regarding the Beaver Coat and boots. I hear I am the tabloid queen. And other less nice comments to boot. Of course I wasnt' that nice when I said they were a virtual coven of RST..... that was beneath me....


  7. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    There are a few new members here lately and I'd like to say welcome to you all.

    I've been a member of Websleuths for over 6 years and there are loads of members who have been here longer than me. I like the familiarity and the varied discussion thay comes through all POVs being made welcome.

    I only visit CTV occasionally and it seems that everytime I do, it's a whole new bunch of people posting there! I agree with you that it can get nasty there though. I stopped going there for a long time because there was a small but very nasty group who were like a tag team.

    I only really recognise some posters at CTV - like Rashamon who is a member here and LouiseDelmar who posts as Tipper everywhere else and who is or used to be a member here.
    J

    Jayelles I so respect the openminded informed way that you post. I loved your model regarding the size 12 underwear. Jayelles, I want you to know that I have been passionate about the JonBenet murder for every day of its existence. It started for me sitting in front of the tv realizing someone kidnapped that darling little girl. I have followed it televsion reports and magazines and newspaper accounts from that moment on. I was terrified for my own grandaughter near the very same age. Only mere months apart in ages. I remember Patsy Ramsey shaking her finer in our faces. I know people from that neighborhood that have been friends of our for years. You cannot get to their house without passing by the Ramseys. I live in the Boulder Valley and as such I know Boulder is unlike anywhere on earth. It is that 23 square miles surrounded by the rest of reality. It is a bastion of liberalism. However they worked diligently to find the murderer of JonBenet. I know others were investigated besides just the Ramseys. So much of that is spin. Yet at all times the evidence led back to their own door. JMHO
    It was never true they persecuted the Ramseys, what some don't realize is there was a public outcry at the special treatment they demanded and received in reality. It reminds you of OJ....where the rich and connected get away with.........you get the picture. It was a crushing blow that this murder was not prosecuted. Or at least that seems to be the public view. Some of the knowledge I have does not have links. Knowing people who knew them.... the politics etc.

    I don't want to get too long winded in one post however I cannot help but compare us to Vermont right now. Where twice now in recent months in separate cases Vermont judges have declined to give time but recommed rehabilitation to convicted child molesters. In one matter the judge was more or less forced to give a ridiculous low amount of time due to public outcry. I hate to say this. But this smacks of Boulder politics. Where everything is plea bargained or not prosecuted. Its a disgrace. One that the voters do not share. Now once again we have the Midyette case. We hold hope with our new govenor Bill Ritter that given opportunity to intervene in a positive way he shall appoint an office of special prosecutor thereby giving Mary Lacey her leave of this matter. Don't know why I felt the need to stick up for myself and explain who I am to you.....just felt it was important you didn't buy into the other forums despicable portrayal of my hat.


  8. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,555
    CK,re: Vermont,was that the man that was 'too short to go to prison' case?
    something to ponder:

    When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

    O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

    The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57


  9. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    I wouldn't convict the Ramseys based upon the evidence as we know it. I wouldn't convict ANYONE on the evidence as we know it! I have a hypothesis which I cannot post because the person involved has never been named as a suspect but I have been through every scenario in my head and very few theories fit IMO.

    I don't think she was killed by a stranger because I don't think a stranger would have bothered to stage the crimescene to make it look like an attempted kidnapping - he would have been in and out IMO. I don't think anyone killed JonBenet to get at her father - I think that is one of the most ludicrous theories of all actually. I believe it takes a special kind of madness or evil to torture and kill a beautiful, defenceless child. There are many ways in which an enemy could have destroyed John Ramsey without harming an innocent child - and with much less risk too.

    I believe this was a crime of passion and that her killer was driven by hatred and jealousy. I think that the killer didn't reoffend because he was probably traumatised by his own actions.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000


  10. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    FWDI posters at Topix are trying to insinuate that there was something abnormal about Fleet White's behaviour on the morning of the murder and afterwards. They interpret his distress as guilt. I have to disagree. My husband and I have a wide circle of friends, but there is one couple that we are particularly close to. We met when they came to stay in our town and their children went to the same school as ours. Our children actually introduced us and begged for us to invite this couple to visit. That was 10+ years ago and we became close friends. They often come sailing with us and we take turns about for Sunday dinner at each others' houses.

    The point I want to make is that we think of each others' children (now grown up) as thought they were our own adopted children. Our respective children would turn to the other couple instinctively if their own parents weren't around - and indeed this has happened on a number of occasions. If anything were to happen to our friends' children, I would be distraught because they are like family.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000


  11. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    FWDI posters at Topix are trying to insinuate that there was something abnormal about Fleet White's behaviour on the morning of the murder and afterwards. They interpret his distress as guilt. I have to disagree. My husband and I have a wide circle of friends, but there is one couple that we are particularly close to. We met when they came to stay in our town and their children went to the same school as ours. Our children actually introduced us and begged for us to invite this couple to visit. That was 10+ years ago and we became close friends. They often come sailing with us and we take turns about for Sunday dinner at each others' houses.

    The point I want to make is that we think of each others' children (now grown up) as thought they were our own adopted children. Our respective children would turn to the other couple instinctively if their own parents weren't around - and indeed this has happened on a number of occasions. If anything were to happen to our friends' children, I would be distraught because they are like family.
    I agree.I thought his behavior sounded like sheer SHOCK.It was obvious he was totally taken by surprise when JB's body was found.
    As far as Atlanta,we are supposed to beleive that his anger is inexplicable ..but no one gets angry without good reason.I can't imagine how I would react if I saw and realized the things he likely did,and with the parents behaving the way they did..over-anxious to go on TV,but not talking to or cooperating with LE.I think I'd flip.
    something to ponder:

    When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

    O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

    The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57


  12. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,393
    Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778
    CK,re: Vermont,was that the man that was 'too short to go to prison' case?
    I had not heard anything about either one of these sub human beings height. In both cases the judge did not sentence them to time but rehabilitation courses. There was such an outcry the first judge ultimately gave the man like 9 months time. This second one. No time that I am aware of . Only intensive rehabilitative counseling. Lot of good that does the 4 year old he abused over 10 times....... Makes me physically ill. CK


  13. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778
    I agree.I thought his behavior sounded like sheer SHOCK.It was obvious he was totally taken by surprise when JB's body was found.
    As far as Atlanta,we are supposed to beleive that his anger is inexplicable ..but no one gets angry without good reason.I can't imagine how I would react if I saw and realized the things he likely did,and with the parents behaving the way they did..over-anxious to go on TV,but not talking to or cooperating with LE.I think I'd flip.
    I have no link but I have read that Fleet White was acting strangely before he left Denver for JB's funeral. So much so that Fernie would not let him on the corporate plane to fly to Atlanta and even after arriving in Atlanta John's brother wanted Fleet and Priscilla moved out of his house to a motel.

    SO - IMO - Fleet started acting strangely before he found out John and Patsy were going on CNN.


  14. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by snowqueen
    I have no link but I have read that Fleet White was acting strangely before he left Denver for JB's funeral. So much so that Fernie would not let him on the corporate plane to fly to Atlanta and even after arriving in Atlanta John's brother wanted Fleet and Priscilla moved out of his house to a motel.

    SO - IMO - Fleet started acting strangely before he found out John and Patsy were going on CNN.
    This is all according to John Ramsey - many months after the murder when relationships with the Whites had completed broken down and quite frankly, we need to take it with a pinch of salt. There are two sides to every story and we've only heard John Ramsey's. He is NOT a reliable source. Take this for example:-

    This is from John Ramsey's October 1998 deposition - John Ramsey took an OATH for this deposition:-

    18 Q. Is it true that there was an altercation between

    19 you and Mr. White in Atlanta around the time of the

    20 memorial service?
    21 MR. CRAVER: I don't understand the potential
    22 relevance of that at all. At this stage, I have to judge
    23 whether that's a question intended to embarrass or harass
    24 him. Where are you going with this, Lee?
    25 MR. HILL: I'm looking for sources. I'm looking
    Page 49
    1 for people who have an ax to grind with Mr. Ramsey.
    2 MR. CRAVER: All right. I'll allow him to
    3 answer the question.
    4 A. There was no altercation.
    5 Q. This is with all respect, sir, as I said to you
    6 earlier. And I appreciate you hearing my clarification.
    7 MR. CRAVER: Okay.
    8 Q. We had been informed that there was some sort of
    9 dispute or disagreement, that police were called. Is that
    10 all hog-wash?
    11 A. To my knowledge, yeah. I am not aware of any of
    12 that.
    Then in DOI - page 295, John is referring to the exact incident which Lee Hill asked him about in the deposition

    "But the altercation didn't go away. Fleet's behavior seemed so unreasonable and out of place that it was frightening....."
    There is another source which I have seen which confirms that the police were called to the altercation which John Ramsey denied happened - under oath - and then proceeded to write about in his book. I don't have time to look for that just now but I *think* it was a detective who confirmed it in another deposition or interview.

    This isn't some trivial little incident that someone could understandably forget about - this was an event which John Ramsey described as "frightening" - the police were called out. Yet he denied it happened - under oath. If you read his deposition at acandyrose's, you will see that it was to be sealed. As far as John Ramsey was concerned, his testimony (i.e. liles) would never be made public.

    This is precisely why I am leery of the man.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000


  15. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter
    I posted at Topix once to see if my hometown would be listed, and it wasn't - it said I was from a town several states away, and I have broadband.

    Well, Ames, Freshwater said there would be some changes, but I have yet to see any. The CTV JBR board has some real issues with people who have trouble maintaining a polite and "professional" attitude...it's always been like that over there. That situation with someone copying your post from here to put up there just for mockery is not the first time I have seen people at CTV do so.
    I did go back to courttv, only for a few seconds though....to check and see what, or IF any changes had been made, and I didn't see any either. I was informed though that it IS against the rules to copy and post other people's posts, without their permission. You CAN paraphrase, but then you risk someone taking you out of context.
    "This time we get it right."


  16. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles

    I only really recognise some posters at CTV - like Rashamon who is a member here and LouiseDelmar who posts as Tipper everywhere else and who is or used to be a member here.
    LouisaDelmar is the person that copied and PASTED my post from these boards, onto the courttv boards!
    "This time we get it right."


Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •