New Saddam Video- EXTREMELY GRAPHIC AND GORY

michelle said:
Ewwww....

Ewww is right! My son sent me the link to the cell phone video. It was pretty intense. :eek: I didn't want to watch it, but I just had to...that's how I am!! :slap:

That was gross.:sick: Looked like his adam's apple was exposed.:eek:

I wouldn't want to look. I don't think it should be publicized; he's already being glorified - as dignified, and a "martyr" to them. Now it's all over the world. He should have been sent off to a prison to rot, like Milosovitch IMO.

Tom'sGirl said:
Not as graphic as some I've seen, in fact it looks more like a rope burn to me.
I agree. The REAL gory video was Nick Berg's beheading. I really shouldn't have watched it. The sights and sounds are seered in my brain forever. :sick: :sick: :sick:

I would much rather go the way Saddam did than Nick Berg or any of others that were beheaded. :sick: :sick: :sick:

I have to agree with you there Idahomom. Sadam was a horrible man and he deserved punishment but for some reason I didn't want to see the video and was hoping that he would just spend the rest of his life in prison. I did finally watch the video and I felt bad for doing it. Then I heard someone on the news crying that it was disrespectful to have the execution on youtube, google, etc. Someone else spoke up and said that it wasn't any more disrespectful than he had treated his own people. That he actually had live people put into a meat grinder. I changed my mind completely. He deserved everything he got. Including having everyone being able to watch his execution and view his dead body.

Tom'sGirl said:
Not as graphic as some I've seen, in fact it looks more like a rope burn to me.

Yes, but you know kids are seeing it now all over the internet and in magazines. I'm sure it's a huge topic with them.

It's not necessarily that GORY, but plenty shocking to me and not something I want to see (not anyone's death). That's private as far as I'm concerned.

We're raising a world of insensitive people IMO; and the disturbed ones go out and do school shootings, etc. even over here; we have a pretty violent society too.

Everybody knows he got what he deserved; but we don't have to act like barbaric idiots ourselves, ga-ga ing over his hanging.

Marthatex said:
Yes, but you know kids are seeing it now all over the internet and in magazines. I'm sure it's a huge topic with them.

It's not necessarily that GORY, but plenty shocking to me and not something I want to see (not anyone's death). That's private as far as I'm concerned.

We're raising a world of insensitive people IMO; and the disturbed ones go out and do school shootings, etc. even over here; we have a pretty violent society too.

Everybody knows he got what he deserved; but we don't have to act like barbaric idiots ourselves, ga-ga ing over his hanging.
I know very few teenagers who are into world news or politics.
I do not think its a huge topic with them. I do think that any teens who click that video for the shock factor are already far gone ... Or soo immature and desensatized to violence from video games and media that they do not comprehend the reality of it.

browneyes said:
Ewww is right! My son sent me the link to the cell phone video. It was pretty intense. :eek: to...thaI didn't want to watch it, but I just had t's how I am!! :slap:
I can relate. I watched that video, too, and also checked this one out. Ewwww is definitely right!

Does anyone know when someone is hanged, approximately how far of a drop the person being hanged makes once the trap door is open?

I don't see anything wrong with anybody seeing it here or anywhere else---It 's a good lesson for teenagers and others to learn--that there are real human monsters out there and some of them are actually heads of state where they play God and torture and murder people on a whim--and this is how these mass killers wind up and should wind up---It's actually quite gratifying to see a tyrant get a trial and then be executed---Nuremberg was gratifying also way back in 1946--and also gratifying were the 900 Japanese hanged after WW II for war crimes---but on the other hand too bad Pol Pot,the insane Communist butcher of Cambodia,died a peaceful death--the world was robbed of his trial

Peter Hamilton said:
I don't see anything wrong with anybody seeing it here or anywhere else---It 's a good lesson for teenagers and others to learn--that there are real human monsters out there and some of them are actually heads of state where they play God and torture and murder people on a whim--and this is how these mass killers wind up and should wind up---It's actually quite gratifying to see a tyrant get a trial and then be executed---Nuremberg was gratifying also way back in 1946--and also gratifying were the 900 Japanese hanged after WW II for war crimes---but on the other hand too bad Pol Pot,the insane Communist butcher of Cambodia,died a peaceful death--the world was robbed of his trial
Peter Hamilton, tell us how you really feel... :D ;)

Peter Hamilton said:
Thought provoking post. I do not have a problem with watching Sadamm buy it either. Life is cheap in most languages and we are not immune. It is the way the world is going . I do not like it but it is reality.

I don't know why teens or others would learn that Saddam was a monster from THIS video. If anything, they'd conclude he was the innocent victim, a pious man taunted even as he prayed.

I don't think the Saddam execution video is the end of the world. But we're kidding ourselves if we think it is educational.

A friend of ours was in the hospital last week, and her nurse commented on "all the similarities" between Saddam's execution and the crucifixion of Christ. We were like :confused: WTF?? Neither of us said anything, because she was controlling my friend's pain meds ;) , but we were floored.

Her 2 top reasons were:
1) It was right before a big holiday (I really wondered if she was going to say Easter!)
2) Two other men were supposed to be executed with Saddam, and two men were crucified with Christ.

Eerie, isn't it. :eek:

Some people really make me wonder.

aLL I have to say is that was one close shave :doh:

Actually the actual hanging part of the videos doesn't bother me (as far as being disturbing) but the still of him with the big goober hanging out of his neck is pukey.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back