GUILTY PA - Sherry Wolfgang, 46, Mount Carmel, 8 Jan 2007

ketel0ne

The artist formerly known as 'Absolut'
Reaction score
As investigators searched the Wolfgang home in Mount Carmel, Sherry Wolfgang's two daughters watched from across the street. One of the daughters, Amy Carl said Steven Wolfgang came to visit her on Monday morning and dropped off Sherry Wolfgang's possessions.

"He brought a suitcase and a little bag with all her clothes and a jewelry box, and he handed it to me and said if I hear from her, let her know I have her stuff," Carl said.

Link: Search for Missing Woman.

I think Mr. Wolfgang is about to be in alot of trouble. Dropping your wifes belongings off with one of your kidsin the morning and then setting her car on fire at noon could lead people to believe you are involved in her disappearance.

Sherry Wolfgang: Missing 1/8/07 Mount Carmel, PA

Where is Sherry Wolfgang?
[size=-1]Sunbury Daily Item, PA -[/size][size=-1]Steven D. Wolfgang, 46, of 207 S. Market St., told reporters at his arraignment in Tremont, Schuylkill County, that he thought his wife, Sherry Wolfgang, ...[/size]
More Mystery Surrounds Woman`s Disappearance
[size=-1]WYOU, PA - [/size]
[size=-1]Her family says the couple had a fight late Friday night and that Sherry Wolfgang packed her bags, left her wedding rings behind, and hasn`t been seen since ...[/size]
Husband, arraigned on arson charges, denies killing missing wife
[size=-1]NEPA News, PA - [/size]
[size=-1]Steve and Sherry Wolfgang seemed like a good couple. Married four years ago, they enjoyed camping, tending to their small vegetable garden and exchanging ...[/size]

I feel so for Sherry and the two children and their family. My heart hurts hearing this, and I fear the outcome will not be positive.

LionRun

Cops: Wolfgang said he strangled wife Friday

Steven Douglas Wolfgang told EMTs and state police troopers that he killed his wife Friday night during an argument, stuffed her body in a metal box and dumped the box in a waterway near Helfenstein in Schuylkill County, according to court documents filed by police to obtain a warrant to search the Wolfgang’s Mount Carmel residence.

In the affidavit filed Monday by Trooper Bernard Spece Jr., police allege that in an interview Mr. Wolfgang told troopers that around 11 Friday night, he attacked his wife, Sherry, during an argument.

During the attack, Mr. Wolfgang knocked his wife to the floor and then began choking her, police allege in the court documents.

“Steven attempted to strangle his wife and at one point shoved towels into her mouth in an attempt to choke her. When that failed,
Steven then knelt on his wife’s chest and began to strike her chest with his knees. Steven informed the troopers that when he struck his wife’s chest with his knees that she died immediately,” Trooper Spece wrote in the affidavit.

Thanks for the update.

Does anyone have any more info about this case? Was the body positively identified as Sherry Wolfgang?

Hoppy

Apparently as of July 20, 2007 the body had not been identified:

http://www.republicanherald.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18610247&BRD=2626&PAG=461&dept_id=597372&rfi=6

"But no charges have been filed related to her disappearance. Sherry Wolfgang disappeared Jan. 5, three days before her husband set fire to her Chevrolet Blazer in a parking area along Mountain Road near Helfenstein, Eldred Township. A Northumberland County sheriff's deputy discovered a body June 8 near Mahanoy Creek in East Cameron Township; however, authorities have not yet identified that body."

Does anyone know if, since then, the body has been identified?

Hoppy

Apparently as of July 20, 2007 the body had not been identified:

http://www.republicanherald.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18610247&BRD=2626&PAG=461&dept_id=597372&rfi=6

"But no charges have been filed related to her disappearance. Sherry Wolfgang disappeared Jan. 5, three days before her husband set fire to her Chevrolet Blazer in a parking area along Mountain Road near Helfenstein, Eldred Township. A Northumberland County sheriff's deputy discovered a body June 8 near Mahanoy Creek in East Cameron Township; however, authorities have not yet identified that body."

Does anyone know if, since then, the body has been identified?

Hoppy

This is such a horrible case. Something I don't understand in post #4 it says the the husband confessed and viscously killed his wife here it says no charges have been filed?

Whats up?

At the time they said there were no charges due to no body but a body was found...we just haven't heard it the body was identified as Sherry's.

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=7302785

Nov 2, 2007

The coroner in Northumberland County has identified a body found back in June as that of a missing woman.

Searchers found the body along the Mahanoy Creek near Mount Carmel. They were looking for the remains of Sherry Wolfgang of Mount Carmel. She has been missing since January.

Coroner Jim Kelly Thursday identified the remains as those of Wolfgang after months of testing.

Wolfgang's husband, Steve, admitted killing her and dumping her body in the creek. He later denied it.

From July 2010:

http://republicanherald.com/news/mount-carmel-man-gets-jail-time-in-wife-s-death-1.875569

Steven D. Wolfgang's murder case came to a surprising end Friday.

The 49-year-old Mount Carmel man was scheduled to face a jury trial Sept. 20 on an open count of criminal homicide. On Friday, however, he re-entered a no-contest plea to third-degree murder and abuse of a corpse.

With that, Northumberland County President Judge Robert B. Sacavage sentenced Wolfgang to serve 20 to 40 years in state prison, the strictest penalty allowed under the law for third-degree murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back