Suzanne Somers House Burns Down

White Rain

Reaction score
http://www.wsbtv.com/weather/10699976/detail.html

Star's Home Burns In Malibu Firestorm

POSTED: 1:28 am EST January 9, 2007
UPDATED: 1:42 pm EST January 9, 2007

MALIBU, Calif. -- Actress Suzanne Somers said she has a "glass half-full" perspective on the loss of her Malibu home in the wildfire that swept through her exclusive seaside neighborhood of multimillion-dollar homes.

She told the syndicated television entertainment show "The Insider" that she and husband Alan Hamel "haven't lost a loved one."

"We will rebuild, and I truly believe we will learn something great from this experience," she said.

A spokesman for Somers and Hamel said the pair's home is a total loss, but that they were not hurt.

Three other homes and a guest house were also lost in the wind-driven fire and four additional houses were significantly damaged.

An unidentified resident of one of the houses was hospitalized because of smoke inhalation.

Properties are still smoldering and about 150 firefighters are watching to douse any hot spots on Tuesday. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

Weather officials in Southern California are warning that the hot, dry, windy conditions that helped fuel last night's wildfire will continue through Wednesday.

Thank WR. I just watched my local news but they didn't name the celebrity.

jilly said:
Thank WR. I just watched my local news but they didn't name the celebrity.
Leave it to Suzanne Somers to see the bright side. She's a little kooky but I love her.

I'm so glad no one lost their live in that fire.

lizzybeth said:
Leave it to Suzanne Somers to see the bright side. She's a little kooky but I love her.

And here I am complaining about another windstorm possibly knocking out power again and more snow tomorrow!! :banghead:

I've always admired her attitude. When she gets knocked down she always bounces right back up.

agree--I admire her also--As long as no human lives were lost,and as long as no pets died,one should definitely have the optimistic attitude that she does

jilly said:
And here I am complaining about another windstorm possibly knocking out power again and more snow tomorrow!! :banghead:

I've always admired her attitude. When she gets knocked down she always bounces right back up.
I wish we'd get some snow in Ga. It's kinda chilly here today but fore the past week it's been warm enough for t-shirts and we've been running fans at night.

lizzybeth said:

I like her alot. I LOVE Three's Company! I never miss the reruns when they are on.

I am glad that no humans or pets were lost, and I admire Suzanne's bright attitude. But, chances are some wildlife lost their lives, and for that I feel sad. I also feel sad when a family of modest means loses everything and have no place to stay after such a tragedy. I am glad this doesn't seem to have been the case.

LionRun

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back