Listening & Watching John

Jay78

Reaction score
I have just finished watching his interview with Larry King on Youtube. I find it facinating. If i didnt hold the belief that he and Patsy had something to do with the death of JB. I would feel incredibly sorry for him. If he was involved, he has a serious case of denial and is an excellent liar. I also find it quite disturbing that he can mention his great faith and devotion to God despite the fact that if he was involved, he is lying to god and risking the possibility of harsh judgement. It almost makes me wonder if his faith is all false. Either that or perhaps he has begged for forgiveness and now feels that God will understand what occured and perhaps understand? I dont know, it just makes you wonder how people can lie so easily and continue to say they hope for justice when they know it is not possible. Again, John Ramsey just seems like a very sincere, honest and humble man and almost forces sympathy.

I also found it interesting his explanation for JB's headstone being inscribed with 12-25 as her death was based on the ransom note which mentioned "tomorrow."

for those who have not seen this interview, i recommend viewing it, its quite interesting.

Jay78 said:
I also found it interesting his explanation for JB's headstone being inscribed with 12-25 as her death was based on the ransom note which mentioned "tomorrow."
Wonder how John knew exactly WHEN the ransom note was written? If it was written in the early hours of Dec. 26th, then tomorrow could have meant Dec. 27th...and her death could have occurred on Dec. 26th (early morning hours). I just don't see how John figures that her death was on Dec. 25th, just because the RN mentioned TOMORROW. That still doesn't tell us WHEN she was killed...THAT would depend on WHEN that note was written. I have also heard him say that Dec. 25th was the last time that they saw JB alive...so THAT is the reason her headstone says Dec. 25th. Maybe he thought that saying that the ransom note said tomorrow, was a better answer. Oh yeah....don't let his acting fool you...he is very good at it. Did he at anytime, act upset about JB's death, or the fact that the "intruder" has never been caught? A friend of mine, was IDI...and hardly knew anything about this case. She watched that show with LKL, and could not figure out why John didn't seem upset over the whole thing. She said that he should be Mad as h*ll that his daughter is dead, and that the intruder has never been caught. So, although you think that he seems sincere....what do you think of him not ever appearing to be angry over this whole mess?

Ames said:
..what do you think of him not ever appearing to be angry over this whole mess?
1-he's not angry b/c he knows there was no intruder.
2-he doesn't know how to act in an IDI scenerio,b/c that's not what happened.
3-he's not the least bit worried even about trying to appear angry,b/c his attitude is one of smugness ...he's sure this case will never be prosecuted.

as always...JMO.

JMO8778 said:
1-he's not angry b/c he knows there was no intruder.
2-he doesn't know how to act in an IDI scenerio,b/c that's not what happened.
3-he's not the least bit worried even about trying to appear angry,b/c his attitude is one of smugness ...he's sure this case will never be prosecuted.

as always...JMO.
I agree with you, on all three points!! I, just like you, know the reasons that he doesn't seem upset. I wanted to know what the poster that started this thread thought about it. Another thing that I pointed out in my first post on this thread...John has given two different reasons as to why JB's headstone says Dec. 25th. Its the last day that they saw JB alive, AND the RN said "tomorrow". My thoughts are he KNOWS when JB was killed....DEC. 25th!

I just posted this to comment on how easily the casual listener/watcher could be drawn into sympathizing with the man. Im always amazed that he actually sounds like he hopes the "intruder" will be caught and that he believes in justice in the after life. if there is to be judgement from God, John should be worried. One need only consider how hard he took the loss of Beth and the fact that he was devistated for years and compare that to the lack of any turmoil over JB to know something is up.

Ames said:
I agree with you, on all three points!! I, just like you, know the reasons that he doesn't seem upset. I wanted to know what the poster that started this thread thought about it. Another thing that I pointed out in my first post on this thread...John has given two different reasons as to why JB's headstone says Dec. 25th. Its the last day that they saw JB alive, AND the RN said "tomorrow". My thoughts are he KNOWS when JB was killed....DEC. 25th!
sorry,I didn't mean to interrupt then.I tend to say whatever comes to mind at the time,so I don't think about it sometimes. :)
yea,I agree,he knows for sure ! In DOI,he also gave another reason;he said he chose the 25th as the date b/c he wanted the world to always remember the madness that occured that Christmas day.
PR said JR had to pick out the headstone alone,b/c she couldnt bear to help.(maybe b/c she put her there????)

There are a lot of people in prison who could convince you they didn't do it.

I liken John to the Emperor in "Star Wars."

JMO8778 said:
sorry,I didn't mean to interrupt then.I tend to say whatever comes to mind at the time,so I don't think about it sometimes. :)
yea,I agree,he knows for sure ! In DOI,he also gave another reason;he said he chose the 25th as the date b/c he wanted the world to always remember the madness that occured that Christmas day.
PR said JR had to pick out the headstone alone,b/c she couldnt bear to help.(maybe b/c she put her there????)
Thats okay, jump in anytime you like. I just thought, by your post, that you thought that I was agreeing with the other poster....which I wasn't. :D I am clearly RDI....and proud of it....LOL :woohoo:

Jay78 said:
I just posted this to comment on how easily the casual listener/watcher could be drawn into sympathizing with the man. Im always amazed that he actually sounds like he hopes the "intruder" will be caught and that he believes in justice in the after life. if there is to be judgement from God, John should be worried. One need only consider how hard he took the loss of Beth and the fact that he was devistated for years and compare that to the lack of any turmoil over JB to know something is up.
Exactly! Oh, I see what you mean now, by your post. I misunderstood..and thought that YOU were being sympathetic. SORRY!

JMO8778 said:
<snipped>

Oh, okay...so now there are THREE reasons as to why they have Dec. 25th on her headstone. Patsy didn't help to pick it out? Yes, I agree with your reasoning..."maybe because she put her there".

I saw this interview when it aired, and I thought of this forum as I watched. Although I still give the Ramsey's the benefit of the doubt, when I read this forum I understand everybody's reasoning.

This interview made me think of a question. If the Ramsey's did it (as seems to be the consensus here, and I'm not challenging anyone), I wonder why they would downplay the pageants as a possible link to their child's murder. Why not take advantage of the public and media's speculation in the beginning that the pageants may have lured a child predator to their house? (Someone so weird that he might even write a non-sensical, rambling ransom note?) It seems that guilty parents would take this opportunity for speculation away from them. And it seems that innocent parents might not be able to bear the guilt of wondering if they had unwittingly endangered their child by having her participate in the pageants (as the public and the media insinuated), and they would, at least publicly, downplay or disregard that possibility.

Saffron said:
I saw this interview when it aired, and I thought of this forum as I watched. Although I still give the Ramsey's the benefit of the doubt, when I read this forum I understand everybody's reasoning.

This interview made me think of a question. If the Ramsey's did it (as seems to be the consensus here, and I'm not challenging anyone), I wonder why they would downplay the pageants as a possible link to their child's murder. Why not take advantage of the public and media's speculation in the beginning that the pageants may have lured a child predator to their house? (Someone so weird that he might even write a non-sensical, rambling ransom note?) It seems that guilty parents would take this opportunity for speculation away from them. And it seems that innocent parents might not be able to bear the guilt of wondering if they had unwittingly endangered their child by having her participate in the pageants (as the public and the media insinuated), and they would, at least publicly, downplay or disregard that possibility.
They were too busy trying to make it look like one of their "friends" or someone that John was in business with. How would some child predator, that had been to some of JB's pageants, know about the bonus that JR got? The same amount that the ransom note listed..$118,000.00. They would have had to be able to explain that away, if they had of tried to pin it on some child molester that had seen JB in a pageant. Now, John's friends or business aquaintances maybe would have known about that bonus...but, not some child predator from off the street.

I hope people dont think i was being sympathetic to John. My original purpose in posting this way to see that the casual viewer would likely FEEL sorry for John (and many of the callers phoning in said as much). in short, he is very good at lying. period.

Saffron said:

Saffron,

The reason the pageants were downplayed and not exploited was likely because they played a major role in any alleged abuse of JonBenet!

That is one area the Ramsey's did not want any searchlight illuminating.

Saffron said:

First you'd have to understand a little about personalities here. You'd think they'd jump on that wouldn't you. But you see that would still point the finger right back at Patsy for "parading her little girl around in sexually suggestive costumes etc... Patsy could not stand any criticism of herself at all NONE. That is my opinion only. Remember also that Patsy was raised in Pageants and indeed was a Miss America contestant. Ultimately when pressure was extremely high I think they did try to imply back towards the pageants when they were running out of friends who hadn't been cleared.

I think a garden-variety creep interested in going to child beauty pageants to check out the children would probably be noticed by the people in the pageant, especially if the same guy showed up repeatedly and didn't have his own kids or any ties to the pageant.

Second, Patsy was very aware, imo, that the child beauty pageant circuit is a lifestyle that produces disapproval in others, and she was very focused on appearances and making a good impression. In DOI, pb, page 59, Patsy says:

"As I watched her perform, I thought of the hours these contestants' parents had devoted to driving them to music and dancing lessons. It takes the support of good parents for children to perform that well."

I see this as her attempt to defend her decision to make her daughter spend hours taking lessons and rehearsing for pageants by claiming it's something good and devoted parents do. I think she was completely aware that many people consider a child having to give up playtime to train to win a pageant to be a bad idea and wanted to make it sound like they were all the better for making it a focus (but in their case, not too much of a focus.) She knew the truth - lots of parents devote time, energy, money etc to providing their child with music and dancing lessons, but most of them aren't doing it so their 6 year old daughter can prance in front of a panel of judges with full make up and hair extensions and win a crown for it.

Nuisanceposter said:
I think a garden-variety creep interested in going to child beauty pageants to check out the children would probably be noticed by the people in the pageant, especially if the same guy showed up repeatedly and didn't have his own kids or any ties to the pageant.

Second, Patsy was very aware, imo, that the child beauty pageant circuit is a lifestyle that produces disapproval in others, and she was very focused on appearances and making a good impression. In DOI, pb, page 59, Patsy says:

"As I watched her perform, I thought of the hours these contestants' parents had devoted to driving them to music and dancing lessons. It takes the support of good parents for children to perform that well."

I see this as her attempt to defend her decision to make her daughter spend hours taking lessons and rehearsing for pageants by claiming it's something good and devoted parents do. I think she was completely aware that many people consider a child having to give up playtime to train to win a pageant to be a bad idea and wanted to make it sound like they were all the better for making it a focus (but in their case, not too much of a focus.) She knew the truth - lots of parents devote time, energy, money etc to providing their child with music and dancing lessons, but most of them aren't doing it so their 6 year old daughter can prance in front of a panel of judges with full make up and hair extensions and win a crown for it.
Exactly you and I both agree.... again as always .

When I watched Larry King's interview with John Ramsey recently, one thing jumped out at me big time. It had to do with a question Larry asked John. A question that the Ramsey's have been asked by him before and their answers always stun me.
So Larry asks John if the killer is ever caught and convicted if he would want the DEATH PENALTY for the killer.
Every time John reacts the same bizarre way. He will stammer and search for words and always avoid (Patsy did too) - agreeing that the killer of his little girl deserves the death penalty. Keep in mind he/they NEVER say they are opposed to the death penalty in general and therefore must remain consistent. No.

So Larry asks John this question this time (again). Logical question.
And immediately John responds to the question with an answer about HIMSELF!!!
He says something like, "You know, many times death would have been a gift for me."
So, why did John relate the question about the killer and the killer's punishment to HIMSELF??
To me it seemed a big Fruedian moment. It jumped out at me in a big way.

The subconcious has an interesting way of influencing the conscious mind and therefore decisions we make.
The subconcious is deeply integrated with our conscience.

I have followed this case for 10 years now. And John Ramsey, while never taken completely off my suspect list, was never at the top of it.
After that response by him to Larry King, I have to say that he has moved up several notches.
Just my opinion.........

K777angel said:
When I watched Larry King's interview with John Ramsey recently, one thing jumped out at me big time. It had to do with a question Larry asked John. A question that the Ramsey's have been asked by him before and their answers always stun me.
So Larry asks John if the killer is ever caught and convicted if he would want the DEATH PENALTY for the killer.
Every time John reacts the same bizarre way. He will stammer and search for words and always avoid (Patsy did too) - agreeing that the killer of his little girl deserves the death penalty. Keep in mind he/they NEVER say they are opposed to the death penalty in general and therefore must remain consistent. No.

So Larry asks John this question this time (again). Logical question.
And immediately John responds to the question with an answer about HIMSELF!!!
He says something like, "You know, many times death would have been a gift for me."
So, why did John relate the question about the killer and the killer's punishment to HIMSELF??
To me it seemed a big Fruedian moment. It jumped out at me in a big way.

The subconcious has an interesting way of influencing the conscious mind and therefore decisions we make.
The subconcious is deeply integrated with our conscience.

I have followed this case for 10 years now. And John Ramsey, while never taken completely off my suspect list, was never at the top of it.
After that response by him to Larry King, I have to say that he has moved up several notches.
Just my opinion.........
the one where they talked about church,and asking the question of 'but,would they be welcome in church if they did kill her?' and then Patsy perks up and talks about how church and Jesus are for everyone,esp the ones who need it.(like them???)it gave me the same feeling.it's on you tube;you can do a search for it.
a confession of sorts,imo.

JMO8778 said:
the one where they talked about church,and asking the question of 'but,would they be welcome in church if they did kill her?' and then Patsy perks up and talks about how church and Jesus are for everyone,esp the ones who need it.(like them???)it gave me the same feeling.it's on you tube;you can do a search for it.
a confession of sorts,imo.
I saw that interview too, and thought the exact same thing. There is another interview with them, where John and Patsy are asked..."Did you kill your daughter?" And John just sits there, for what seems like an eternity....and THEN Patsy, looking down...shakes her head and says "No". And then John starts talking about how he is asked that question alot...or something like that. Anyway, it went back to HIM somehow another....but only after PATSY said "No". I couldn't figure out why he sat there for so long, without saying anything...it was weird.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back