WI WI - Cheryl Spaeth-Duvall, 38, Manitowoc, 1 Oct 1988

Rle7

Reaction score
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: October 1, 1988 from Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Classification: Missing
Date of Birth: September 16, 1950
Height and Weight: 5'2, 100 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Duvall has previously fractured her foot, and her teeth are decayed. She has 13 pairs of ribs instead of the usual 12.

bar.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Duvall was last known to be in the Manitowoc, Wisconsin area in the autumn of 1988. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

bar.jpg
Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Manitowoc County Sheriff's Department
920-683-4200

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/duvall_cheryl.html

The Manitowoc County Sheriff's Department hopes the search of a Manitowoc Rapids farm turns up clues in an 18-year-old missing-person case.

The sheriff's department began searching a farm on South Parkview Road and another property in the Town of Cato on Monday. They're searching for clues in the disappearance of Cheryl Spaeth-Duvall.

Duvall was reported missing by her ex-husband on October 1, 1988.

According to Sheriff Robert Hermann, at that time there wasn't a large search to locate Duvall. "Eighteen years ago when she was reported missing there was not a lot of information. Even family members didn't have a lot of information," he said.

This summer, at the urging of family members, the sheriff's department reopned the case. After attempts to track down Duvall using her Social Security number failed, authorities turned back to her home.

"We couldn't come up with any information to Cheryl living anywhere else, so that led us back here to her last place of residence, which was with John Neuser," Sheriff Hermann said.

"She did live with Mr. Neuser, and that's the last place she lived, and should something or should some type of foul play happen, there might be evidence of that at both locations."

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=5914138

Manitowoc County Sheriff Robert Hermann says chances are very slim that a woman missing from there since 1988 is still alive.

Hermann says the Social Security number for Cheryl Spaeth-Duvall hasn't been used to obtain employment, credit cards, housing or utilities since before she went missing.

And he says a check of law enforcement databases shows she's had no contact with authorities.

http://wkbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=7761390

I remember reading in the paper, back in the early? 1990's where a women's vertebrae was found near a rest stop on Highway 10 in Amherst, WI, about 90 miles west of Reedsville (which is on Hwy 10), where John Neuser lived. I wonder if they ever did a DNA test on it? They never did find the rest of the body.

Reedsville is also only 11 miles south of Morrison, WI, where Areerat Chuprevich's remains were found in 2003.

I remember reading in the paper, back in the early? 1990's where a women's vertebrae was found near a rest stop on Highway 10 in Amherst, WI, about 90 miles west of Reedsville (which is on Hwy 10), where John Neuser lived. I wonder if they ever did a DNA test on it? They never did find the rest of the body.

Reedsville is also only 11 miles south of Morrison, WI, where Areerat Chuprevich's remains were found in 2003.

Does the ex-husband have an excuse? I know he's the one who reported her missing but that doesn't clear him in any way at all.

Any other missing persons during that time? I don't know if it was the way it was worded but it just sounded so sad that there wasn't a lot of people looking for her.

Duvall was reported missing in October of 1988 by her ex-husband.

At the time of her disappearance she was living with her boyfriend, John Neuser. The sheriff says Neuser is a person of interest in the unsolved disappearance.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showtopic=879&st=0&#last

Duvall was last known to be in the Manitowoc, Wisconsin area in the autumn of 1988. Her ex-husband reported her missing on October 1 of that year. She has never been heard from again. Duvall's ex-husband stated she was a good mother and it was uncharacteristic of her to abandon her two sons willingly. He had custody of the children, but they usually visited their mother on weekends. Duvall's ex-husband said he had maintained a friendly relationship with her since their divorce four years prior to her disappearance.
Investigators renewed their search for Duvall in 2007. She was living on a dairy farm on South Parkview Road with John Neuser at the time of her disappearance and he continued to reside at the home for over a decade afterward, moving away in 2006. Authorities searched Neuser's former property for evidence in Duvall's case in January 2007. He is described as a person of interest in Duvall's case, not a suspect, and has not been charged in connection with it. Her disappearance remains unsolved.

I don't believe I've read anywhere that he had an alibi when she disappeared. He did initially report her missing.

Thank you tangledweb for the links.

I'm at work now but will read them during lunchtime.

Bump

Next month marks 22 years since Cheryl went missing. Come home soon.

I found some news paper articles from 79 about the man that Cheryl was last Living with at the Dairy Farm.
JN was aquitted of these charges but in light of him being a POI, I thought I would post them.
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/13352185/john_neuser_and_judge_jones/
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/134...ip/13352191/john_neuser_sex_assault_aquitted/

There was also a murder in this county 2 years earlier in 1977 Body found near a quarry. The murder of Debra Sukowaty. A man R. Fencl was convicted of her murder but always maintained his innocence until his death in 2012. Thought similarities interesting and with whats going on in Manitowoc Co Wi with the Making A Murder, the thoughts that make you say HMMM. attached one article about Sukowaty being found in a swampy area near a gravel pit. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/12482443/sukowaty_murdered_oct_4_1977/

I have the impression that she left with another man who offered her some promising future but she would have to start from 0 ...
anyway she rests in peace

Cheryl A Spaeth (Duvall)​

Updated: Jan 13, 2022
3704de_44b76ec86c004f5a8aa46cedd8c02f8c~mv2.jpg

October 1st 1988, Cheryl's ex-husband reported her missing. Cheryl's ex-husband had full custody of their 2 children, and they visited Cheryl on the weekends. He said that they had a friendly relationship over the 4 years they were divorced.

When Cheryl went missing, she was living with John Neuser on a dairy farm at S Parkview Road. After John had left his home 10 years later, police reopened the case and searched the property. The police found evidence and sent it to the lab but results came back inconclusive. John has been a person of interest but he has not been named a suspect.

Cheryl has not used her social security number since 1988 and has not been seen or heard from.

Manitowoc County Sheriff Robert Hermann says this case remains a high priority.

Cheryl has blonde hair, blue eyes, 5'2" at 100lbs. She has a set of 13 ribs instead of 12 and had some teeth decaying. She was 38 years old at the time of disappearance and would today be 70 years old

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back