GUILTY Germany - Bernd Brandes, 43, dismembered, eaten, Rotenburg, March 2001

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Alleged cannibal: Victim wanted to be killed

KASSEL, Germany - A German computer expert -- charged with killing, dismembering and eating the flesh of an Internet acquaintance -- made a detailed confession at the opening of his murder trial Wednesday. The accused said he was only doing what the victim wanted.

Armin Meiwes, 42, who lived in an ancient former manor house in Rotenburg, gave chilling testimony about how his fantasy of finding someone to become "a part of me" turned real. Rotenburg is a central German town about 20 miles southeast of Kassel.

Meiwes -- a poised, slender man wearing a dark suit and tie -- described matter-of-factly how Bernd Juergen Brandes, 43, traveled from Berlin to visit him in March 2001 in reply to an Internet advertisement seeking a young man for "slaughter and consumption."

"Now you can see my body. I hope you'll find me tasty," Meiwes quoted his visitor as saying. Brandes later said he wanted to be stabbed to death after drinking a bottle of cold medicine to lose consciousness, Meiwes testified.

Meiwes said he stabbed his victim the next morning, believing he was already dead, and recorded his act on a videotape that is being used as evidence.

"I kissed him once more, prayed and pleaded for forgiveness," Meiwes told the court.

He said he froze some of the dismembered body parts, eating the flesh over the following months, and buried others in the garden. Police who searched Meiwes' home found human flesh and bones.

A man who said he wanted to be beheaded also showed up, but Meiwes said he sent him away because he was too fat and not talkative enough.

Police tracked down and arrested Meiwes last December after a student in Austria alerted them to an advertisement Meiwes placed on the Internet seeking a man willing to be killed and eaten.

Thirty-eight witnesses are slated to testify in the trial. A verdict is expected in February.

ENTIRE STORY AT:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dallas/newthishour/stories/120303dnintcannibal.6817f6a0.html

If in fact the person was dead after the entire bottle of cold medicine suppressed his respiration drive, then the only crime is "committing an indignity to a corpse" and failure to report the death.

Why are they making a big deal of this if the ad said slaughter and consumption, whatever weirdo responded to it deserves to be killed.

Well unfortunately for the defendant, the guy wasn't dead from the cold medicine and I think the videotape that they're using in court pretty much proves that he was alive when he stabbed him. I do agree that the idiots that responded to this advertisement were stranger than strange, but that doesn't negate the fact that its still illegal to kill 'em.

Originally posted by Toth
Why are they making a big deal of this if the ad said slaughter and consumption, whatever weirdo responded to it deserves to be killed.
But what if someone thought it was an invitation to a barbeque with a person with TB?;) I remember reading this when it happened and I thought, "How nice that the psychos can play with each other instead of bothering the rest of us." Seriously, don't you think this guy would have eventually HAD to kill and eat someone? At least it was someone who wanted to be eaten.

Of course, we are assuming facts not in evidence, that this man really wanted to be eaten.

this is some pretty hardcore Hannibal Lector action here, except his victims weren't willing. what kind of person would respond to an ad like that>? what kind of psychos are really out there? the guy had over 400 replys to the ad. gheezzzzzz...
i am having flashbacks from the Hannibal trilogy... ugh. i've gotta run to the toilet now.... BAAAAAAHHH

Honestly, even though the victim may have been willing, people like this need to be put away anyway. Just for general safety. Everyone who responded to the ad should be put away too.

Originally posted by BirdieBoo
Honestly, even though the victim may have been willing, people like this need to be put away anyway. Just for general safety. Everyone who responded to the ad should be put away too.

Yes, at least for a mental evaluation!

I say let em do whatever they want. Much like helmet laws and why I oppose them. It's Darwin's theory at work. Let em eat other before they reproduce. Freaks.

Helmet laws and this trial are a perfect example.
Motorcyclists who don't wear helmets don't always die outright, they are often an expense to society for years.
Freaks who volunteer to be eaten and those who eat them are not without societal cost, as anyone who knows how much a trial costs can attest to.

And if no one had replied to the ad he probably would have still found a vicitim.

The case of Armin Meiwes, the smiling, smartly dressed computer technician who killed and ate someone he met through the internet has shocked and fascinated Germany.

The court heard grisly revelations of Mr Meiwes life-long cannibal fantasies
The case turned the spotlight on the murky world of cannibalism and extreme fetishism, particularly in a macabre corner of cyberspace.

The detective investigating the case told the court that he had stumbled upon a vast cannibal scene in Germany involving a number of professionals.

"We are talking about dentists, teachers, cooks, government officials and handymen," federal investigator Wilfried Fehl told the court. "These are people who come from the middle reaches of society."

Among the most startling revelations of the trial was Meiwes' revelation that he had been in internet contact with dozens of people who answered his ad seeking a young man who wanted to be eaten.

Bernd-Juergen Brandes "asked to be stabbed to death," according to Meiwes
Using the pseudonym "Franky", he inserted internet advertisements which read: "If you are 18-25 you are my boy, Franky from Germany" and "come to me, I'll eat your delicious flesh".

But, clearly, not all of those who replied wanted to die. Some would have been hoaxers, others would have wanted to play out their sexual fantasies.

Only four men - other than the one who was eventually eaten - were interested enough, the court heard, to travel to Meiwes' farm in central Germany to meet him.

None of them went through with the act.

More from the BBC

KASSEL, Germany (Reuters) - A German cannibal was convicted of manslaughter but not murder Friday for killing and eating a man who had asked to die, and he was sentenced to eight and a half years in jail.

The court rejected the prosecution's plea for a murder conviction and life sentence because the victim had instructed Armin Meiwes, 42, to kill him. The act of sexual fetishism, which he recorded on video tape, has sparked shock and fascination around the world.

Meiwes could be out on parole in less than five years, but one expert said he doubted the cannibal would be released early.

Psychiatrists found Meiwes deeply disturbed but sane.

With no trace of embarrassment, Meiwes told the court how the killing had begun with him trying unsuccessfully to bite off the victim's penis, then cutting it off with a knife.

They both tried to eat it raw, and then fried it, trying again unsuccessfully to eat it. Meiwes then waited for hours until the victim, weakened by loss of blood from his wound, fell unconscious shortly after calling out that he needed to urinate.

He then laid him out on his butcher's bench and cut him in pieces. He ate 20 kg (44 lb) of the body over the following months, defrosting pieces portion by portion. He kept the skull in the freezer and buried other body parts in his garden.

Story from Yahoo News

Well its hard to believe the guy only got eight years, but the guy DID ask to be eaten, so?????? :crazy:

LOL.. so if I tell ya to 'Bite Me'

I guess I'm askin' for it?? :slap:

Seriously... what a freaky crime!!! and to think several people were interested. :waitasec:

Casshew said:
LOL.. so if I tell ya to 'Bite Me'

I guess I'm askin' for it?? :slap:

Seriously... what a freaky crime!!! and to think several people were interested. :waitasec:

Yup, you would definately be asking for it!! LOL :slap:

Kind of like Issei in Japan... he eats someone and becomes a celebrity with followers asking him to cannibalize them. The cannibals are bad enough, but the people who want to be eaten.......

This just freaks me out! :sick: What an incredibly bizarre world we live in where people would willingly want someone to eat them.

I question how he got less time because his "victim" "wanted to die". If this is the case, then why is Jack Kevorkian in prison? Now HE was trying to help people end their suffering, not for his own sexual fetishes. This is just disgusting. And to also hear that he videotaped the incident and the Judge called it "an act between to extremely distrubed people who both wanted something from each other." Ewwwww.

Going back to my salad now, lol!

I'm really glad I don't live in Germany. Enough weird things happen in the US, but I don't think someone would have only gotten 8 years for something like this. I could be wrong, though, look at Parnell....

I did some looking into the case, and it seems the eatee was in on the eating. When they severed the penis and THEY tried to eat it, it was too spongy so they tried something else.Before the guy passed out ( the eatee) he said he had to pee. I dunno, but I'd have to say the judge had a hard call because they were both active participants. I wonder if cannibalism has a time statute in that state? I guess it's a grey area if the eatee helped along his cutting off parts and eating.. (gag) them.

Talk about folie-á-deux ....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back