Shiloh Jolie Pitt is a BLOB???

kidzndogznme

A closed mouth gathers no foot
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,242537,00.html

I don't think I have ever heard a mother speak this way. I am appalled that she would admit publicly that she feels more for her first 2 kids than her baby girl!!! Whatever her reasons (they are survivors, etc) that is just crap to say. Some day Shiloh is going to read that interview and feel like chit about it. I really like Angelina but this is just cold.

I'm sorry, I know she's practically up for sainthood, but this woman rubs me the wrong way...in so many ways!

It's weird I guess but most of the things that some people find irritating about Angelina, I find refreshing and I can identify with. Not so much the blood around the neck in a vial but most of her "odd" thinking I totally relate to. But I, like many mothers, am a tigress when it comes to my kids and protecting them. To make a public statement like she did about her baby is just disgusting to me. I have definitely lost some respect for this chick.

I don't understand this and she was definitely not in my sainthood book before.

Good God, why?

I love my children with no conditions. I have never considered them anything but viable human beings. She needs to shut her trap as she is an embarassment to moms everywhere.

a poor choice of words for someone who is usually poised and well-spoken.

I wonder how Brad feels about that comment.

I know a lot of people who have said this. My own mother included and my husband. They arent interested in the children until they can have some kind of give and take interaction with them. To them they are yes, blobs...eating, pooping, crying blobs.

I can see the point she is trying to make with her badly worded statement. Maybe she felt more protective of the others because of their backgrounds. Plus, motherhood from the beginning is a lot different than you expect when you've had older children. Some things come as a surprise, like all they do is sleep for 12 hours.

I had a hard time connecting to one of my children. Of course he had a medical issue that made it difficult but it didn't stop me from feeling like he didn't know me...or that he'd be just as happy if anyone was giving him care rather than me. We are closer now that he has grown up some but those first two years were hard. Not that I didn't love him, I just didn't understand him or what was happening.

I think she had a bad use of choice of words in this interview. I am sure she loves them all the same but I dont think I would have chose the words she did.

Flame me if you must, but I feel like it's a great description of a newborn. They are a blob. That doesn't mean you don't love them and care for them, but it accurately describes them in my humble opinion.

I liked her honesty in the rest of what I read. Parents relate to different children differently. She's just brave enough to say it in public.

Well to me she didnt actually say

Shiloh is a blob.....

what she actually said was

"A newborn really is this...Yes, a blob! "

a NEWBORN she said..........which Shiloh is not at the time of her saying that.

so she is explaining very honestly her impressions of mothering Shiloh from birth vs her impressions from mothering from the age of apprx 6 months with M and Z.... and isnt Shiloh now approx 6 mos old? and what does she say about her now?

"But now she's starting to have a personality..."

then she shows (like any mom) that constant dance all moms do to balance out the love and support given to each individual child by saying....

I'm conscious that I have to make sure I don't ignore her needs, just because I think the others are more vulnerable."

she sounds pretty normal to me.

I wonder why you don't ever see pictures of little Shiloh when they show photos of Brad, Ang & Co. galloping around the world?

I feel sorry for her. Each child should be an added source of joy from birth with their tiny little abilities that enter your heart & make it grow!!!
My heart is even bigger with the birth of grandchildren...the tiny perfect fingers & ears , the first smile.,the little meows ,the mouth sucking......blob????? :slap:

I love my DD but when she was a newborn she was pretty much a blob. All newborns do is eat, sleep, cry, and dirty their diaper. Now I assure you my DD was the cutest baby in the whole world when she was doing it but she was still essentially a blob. She really started to blossom and get a personality around 4-6 months.

I'm sure she and Brad are very conscious of the different dynamics in their family and are trying hard to make sure all the kids feel equally loved and needed. I'm sure that's an extra big balancing act when you are dealing with a family that's outside the standard mom, dad, and bio kids.

I don't think that Angelina worded her statement the best way but I do understand where she's coming from and I don't think she's said anything wrong.

I would never in my life say such a thing about any of my precious children who are all EQUAL to me. Some people obviously don't feel that way I guess. :(

I personally think it was a stupid thing to say and have published for all to see...including your children. Shiloh will some day be a 13 year old girl at odds with her parents, thinking they love her siblings more. That's something we can all relate to.

I can't see how the older children are more vulnerable than a tiny helpless infant. I don't think newborns are blobs. They all have their own little personalities and most smile around 3 weeks old and look right at you from birth on. They have their own ways of cuddling, rates of feeding, ways of holding their hands, and many other things that they continue on in their developing personalities in various ways the rest of their lives. I've seen this in my own 4 kids and 7 grandkids. Angelina made some really weird comments. She "has less inclination to feel for Shiloh", "Shiloh seemed so priviliged from birth" and Angelina "has to remind herself to not show the other two more attention because they are more vulnerable". Very cold and bizarre things for a mother to say about her own child. I hope this "privileged" comment is not a warning of future bad treatment of this child or that she will be dehumanized and made to feel not worthy.

txsvicki said:
I can't see how the older children are more vulnerable than a tiny helpless infant. I don't think newborns are blobs. They all have their own little personalities and most smile around 3 weeks old and look right at you from birth on. They have their own ways of cuddling, rates of feeding, ways of holding their hands, and many other things that they continue on in their developing personalities in various ways the rest of their lives. I've seen this in my own 4 kids and 7 grandkids. Angelina made some really weird comments. She "has less inclination to feel for Shiloh", "Shiloh seemed so priviliged from birth" and Angelina "has to remind herself to not show the other two more attention because they are more vulnerable". Very cold and bizarre things for a mother to say about her own child. I hope this "privileged" comment is not a warning of future bad treatment of this child or that she will be dehumanized and made to feel not worthy.
I think that comment is very weird as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back