869 users online (153 members and 716 guests)  

Websleuths News

east coast

Scorpion on a plane stings man multiple times

Updated: 10:29 a.m. ET Jan 10, 2007

MONTPELIER, Vt. - A scorpion stung David Sullivan on the back of his right leg, just below the knee, then crawled up and down his left leg, he thinks, before getting him again in the shin.

Not what he was expecting on his flight home from Chicago to Vermont.

Sullivan, a 46-year-old builder from Stowe, was aboard the United Airlines flight on the second leg of his trip home from San Francisco, where he and his wife Helena had been visiting their sons. He awoke from a nap shortly before landing and noticed something strange.
    My right leg felt like it was asleep, but that was isolated to one spot, and it felt like it was being jabbed with a sharp piece of plastic or something.”
    The second sting came after the plane had landed and the Sullivans were waiting for their bags at the luggage carousel. Sullivan rolled up his cuff to investigate, and the scorpion fell out.

“It felt like a shock, a tingly thing. Someone screamed, ‘It’s a scorpion,”’ Sullivan recalled. Another passenger stepped on the two-inch arachnid, and someone suggested Sullivan seek medical help.

More at link............

This is so bizarre. The same thing just happened over the weekend, but it was a flight to Toronto.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - John Lennon

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...

Maybe the scorpions have co-ordinated an attack against humans? I hope airline officials are able to keep them off of the planes without being accused of "Speces Profiling."

Being from New England I can imagine the man's reaction to the scorpion on the plane. I was born and brought up "down Maine" and have never heard a "scorpion" story told before about the area. Ahea can see how it happened!

For my first post, I'll say:

Maybe he was going to a Sting concert.

OK, now you know about me.