IL - Newborn beaten by toddler w/ baby bottle

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
Newborn beaten by toddler with baby bottle

A 3-year-old boy angry that a baby wouldn't take its bottle hit the infant with it repeatedly, police said Monday.

The baby was airlifted in critical condition Saturday night to Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital.

One wonders what happens to the little boy at home when he doesn't do what is expected of him.

This is a reflection of what he knows. This is not a reflection of what he is. More info is necessary.

I agree CP...

A 3 year old is not capable of being a criminal or understanding those types of things...

Who left the 3 YO with a newborn anyways????
The Article says the family says the baby is doing well.

The news story says it was a three month old baby in the body of the story...
The 3-year-old boy was visiting the 3-month-old infant's home with his mother Saturday. The little boy became angry because the baby was not taking its bottle and hit the baby with it three or four times, said East St. Louis Police Detective Jay Cobb.
:confused:

Newborns are up to a month old, three months of age is *not* newborn! I can't believe the editor let such a glaring error through!

On the topic of the three year old. Maybe he's abused, maybe he isn't. Kids that age don't grasp the consequences of their actions. They think magically. After all, in cartoons you can hit another with a big mallet on the head, and they will be alive and well. This kid might be extra impulsive, but grow up to be a contributing member of society, who doesn't commit terrible crimes and is kind to children, animals, the elderly, and poor etc. This is why you shouldn't leave a young baby unsupervised. (Not that the mother would have thought in a million years her baby would be beaten with its own bottle.) Definitely the three year old needs to be assessed, and maybe he'll need anger management taught to him. (And/or taken out of the abusive environment if he is abused...)

I think its a pretty common thing KatK ...
I see them often reporting that 6 month olds are newborns too.

Stupid... They should stick with the *actual* facts. I suppose "newborn" is one of the magic words that sells more papers though. :rolleyes:

KatK said:
Stupid... They should stick with the *actual* facts. I suppose "newborn" is one of the magic words that sells more papers though. :rolleyes:
I think so and to many I think a 3 month old is still pretty new and either way two young children should not be left alone like that.

Damn, though; the infant's mom was 17, and has two other kids?!

T-Rex said:
Damn, though; the infant's mom was 17, and has two other kids?!

A baby raising babies. She was 14 when he was born? With other children, she should have known not to leave him alone in a room with a baby. I'm assuming she, her mother, her cousins and the mother of the baby were all visiting in another room, but I don't really know that from the article.

All those cousins and everybody around? There should have been PLENTY of adult supervision. Fourteen when the mother had a child?? Babies raising babies explains why there were a lot of "people" around, but not a lot of "adults".

The three year old's mother was 23. The baby's mother was seventeen.

Where was the mother, the father, the children's caregiver? They had to leave those children alone for a long time imo for those type of injuries to be sustained.

Kinda makes me wonder if the parent didn't order the 3 yr old to feed the newborn -----or else.
emotbanghead.gif

The 3-year-old boy was visiting the 3-month-old infant's home with his mother Saturday. The little boy became angry because the baby was not taking its bottle and hit the baby with it three or four times, said East St. Louis Police Detective Jay Cobb.

Naw, not going to believe that. The baby surely was hit more than 3 or 4 times.

I think the baby was hit more than 3 or 4 times myself, as well.

So, who was trying to feed the baby when the 3 year old got hold of the bottle? I just don't understand the circumstances under which this could have happened.

KatK said:
I think the baby was hit more than 3 or 4 times myself, as well.
I actually think 3 or 4 hits would be all that was needed for a 3-year-old to injure a 3-month-old. My 3-year-old was strong enough to hurt me!

I do not hold the three year old responsible for his actions in this case. He is entirely incapable of understanding the consequences of his actions and his behavior was not abnormal. Physically lashing out is a completely normal reaction for a frustrated toddler. However, what the hell was he doing alone with a three month old baby? The three month old is not capable of holding his own bottle. Who was supposed to be feeding him? The blame here, belongs specifically on the adults in the situation.

Oh, wait... the mom of the infant isn't an adult! She's only 17. No wonder... Children having babies is one of the worst problems this country has ever had. If we could eliminate that and curb drug use, most of the child abuse problems would probably go away. I live in a dream world I guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back