GUILTY WI - David Larsen for kidnapping, attempted murder, Wind Lake, 31 Jan 2004

alpharee

Former Member
Reaction score
WIND LAKE, Wisconsin (AP) -- Hours after a woman called 911 saying her ex-husband had tied her up and put her in the back of his truck, police Saturday found the man and their two young daughters, but not his former wife.

The ex-husband had been seen towing the woman's car, which later turned up in Milwaukee, sheriff's officials said.

Between the calls to authorities and the divorced couple's history of police intervention, Racine County Sheriff Bob Carlson said, "it doesn't give us a safe feeling."

David M. Larsen, 39, was arrested without incident in Wheeling, Illinois, about 20 miles south of the state line, where he worked as an air traffic controller, Racine County sheriff's officials said.

The sheriff reported Saturday night that
More of the Story

Wheeling, Ill. — A Wisconsin woman who was believed to have been abducted has been found alive.

A spokesman in the village of Wheeling, Illinois says Teri Jendusa-Nickolai was found in a storage facility near the airport where her ex-husband works.

Wheeling's village spokesman, James Lang, says Nickolai was taken to a local hospital, but he couldn't say whether she was hurt.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,110097,00.html

Abducted woman found in storage
Sunday, February 1, 2004 Posted: 9:14 PM EST (0214 GMT)

WHEELING, Illinois (AP) -- A woman was found severely beaten, wrapped in duct tape and inside a plastic garbage can in her ex-husband's storage unit on Sunday, a day after she called 911 from the back of his truck saying he had abducted her.

Teri Jendusa-Nickolai, 38, was in serious but stable condition at a Park Ridge hospital, Wheeling Deputy Police Chief John Stone said.

More Here...

hope she pulls through and they throw the book at her ex! He left her there to die...thank heavens someone found her.

PARK RIDGE, Illinois (AP) -- Teri Jendusa-Nicolai doesn't remember much about being abducted, beaten with a baseball bat and stuffed into a plastic garbage can at a storage locker, allegedly by her ex-husband.

But she does remember refusing to die.

"At times when I was losing consciousness, I felt at peace because I knew I would be going to heaven, but I realized I had to stay awake," she told reporters Wednesday at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. "Dying was not an option because my girls need me."

Jendusa-Nicolai, 38, a mother of two, was wheeled into a hospital conference room in this Chicago suburb Wednesday with her frostbitten feet propped up, and a purple bruise covering the left side of her face from her eye to her neck.

Her doctors said she was five weeks pregnant when she was abducted on the morning of January 31 but suffered a miscarriage because of the trauma. The frostbite was so severe she likely will lose all her toes, they said

She was found the next day, stuffed inside a plastic garbage container that had been duct-taped shut and topped with boxes inside a locked, unheated storage unit Larsen rented in nearby Wheeling. The girls were found with a baby sitter and were unharmed.

Full Story from CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Midwest/02/11/abducted.family.ap/index.html

I saw that on our local news this afternoon. Makes you wonder about those "ex's" doesn't it? I remember a case in Missouri at Bull Shoals Lake in the ozarks where a guy killed his wife, cut her into manageable pieces, put them in igloo coolers with cement and threw them in the lake. Apparently he didn't watch the igloo cooler commercials and about them bein indestructible because they floated to the surface and she was recovered.
Some criminals are so stupid it makes you wonder if they really thought they'd get away with it or on some subconcious level they wanted to be caught.Did our trash barrel guy REALLY think he could pull that off???
Did he assume she was dead or did he know he put her in there alive to suffocate?

I hope he gets locked up for life.
Why does someone get charged with "domestic" violence, violence is violence period, should not matter if it is from someone in your family or not!!!

That I agree with , OldBroad. I think it all goes back to the wife being property and it being legal to beat her with a stick as long as it was no larger than you wrist or something ...

We're basically "owned" now and the IRS proves it. :) Men still haven't gotten over the fact that we can't be totally domesticated like a dog.

He should get life, but because he didn't kill her outright he would be lucky if he gets a charge of assault and baterry much less attempted murder. If he had the same judge as in the "no day at the beach" thread, he'd get illegal waste dumping.... ( for you that are sensitive.... THIS REFERS TO THE JUDGE.NOT A KNOCK AGAINST THE VICTIM. Gotta clarify that now)

sansoucie said:
He should get life, but because he didn't kill her outright he would be lucky if he gets a charge of assault and baterry much less attempted murder.
That's way too true, and it's wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Pet peeve of mine: Screw up killing someone, and you get a lesser sentence. What's wrong with that picture?

mine too Ghostwheel, the intention to kill was there, the same frame of mind that would have killed was there, the victim was either strong enough and fought death or the killer screwed up. Should be the same punishment.

10 YEARS
‘Today’s her birthday’ --- 10 years after near-fatal attack, Jendusa-Nicolai reflects

January 31, 2014
http://journaltimes.com/news/local/...cle_99a4ed5c-8adf-11e3-91ef-001a4bcf887a.html
Jendusa-Nicolai still lives in Racine County. Her third child, a son, is in first grade this year.

Larsen, of the Town of Norway, was convicted of attempted first-degree intentional homicide. In August 2005, he was sentenced to 35 years in prison plus 20 years of extended supervision. He is scheduled to be released in February 2042, Wisconsin Department of Corrections records show.
<snip>
She now is an advocate for other victims of domestic abuse.

The article lists the impressive results Teri has had getting Wisconsin state laws changed and advocating to prevent domestic violence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back