998 users online (141 members and 857 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Unbelievable. When is the judicial system going to learn that pedophiles aren't able to be rehabilitated? If he does complete the treatment then I'm sure it won't be long before his "urges" come back and he's abused another innocent child or worse.

I can't even read the link. This is so upsetting. As stated in the last post, these offenders CANNOT be rehabilitated. Lock him up and throw away the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    I can't even read the link. This is so upsetting. As stated in the last post, these offenders CANNOT be rehabilitated. Lock him up and throw away the key.
    I can't either.

I can't either. I am getting too old to see many more abuses on innocent children. I need to do something not just post on a board but how do I make a differance?

I could run around on the streets yelling but that won't work.

I think letter writing to key Congress would be more effective. In fact, that is what I am going to do. I am going to make them sick of hearing from me.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    I can't either. I am getting too old to see many more abuses on innocent children. I need to do something not just post on a board but how do I make a differance?

I could run around on the streets yelling but that won't work.

I think letter writing to key Congress would be more effective. In fact, that is what I am going to do. I am going to make them sick of hearing from me.

Yes it would. Five states now have the death penalty in place for repeat child sex offenders. All of them need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Yes it would. Five states now have the death penalty in place for repeat child sex offenders. All of them need to.
    Exactly! If these courts would start giving more harsher punishment maybe these sick people would cut back on this. Why in the best country in the world (imo) are we so lenient with these monsters?

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain
    Exactly! If these courts would start giving more harsher punishment maybe these sick people would cut back on this. Why in the best country in the world (imo) are we so lenient with these monsters?

Liberals.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I don't understand why going to trial is the only way for this guy to get jail time. We give jail time in this state for guilty pleas without a trial. Why is Vermont so different?

Looks like a plea deal to me - as in he wouldn't be admitting it if he weren't able to avoid jail through that. The prosecutor was saying if they didn't do this, him going to jail would be depending on the testimony of the 4 year old boy.

On the plus side, if he slips up at all in the treatment program, the judge has said he's going to jail - if he slips up in the slightest - denies his crime, minimizes it, or doesn't comply entirely with the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Details
    Looks like a plea deal to me - as in he wouldn't be admitting it if he weren't able to avoid jail through that. The prosecutor was saying if they didn't do this, him going to jail would be depending on the testimony of the 4 year old boy.

On the plus side, if he slips up at all in the treatment program, the judge has said he's going to jail - if he slips up in the slightest - denies his crime, minimizes it, or doesn't comply entirely with the program.

If having sex with four-year olds is this person's compulsion, he'll do it again. Wonder what his punishment will be for the next offense or the one after that. I'm all for separating someone from the population and giving them treatment, but do it again and I'm all for hanging.

If having sex with four-year olds is this person's compulsion, he'll do it again. Wonder what his punishment will be for the next offense or the one after that. I'm all for separating someone from the population and giving them treatment, but do it again and I'm all for hanging.
    He was apparently up for life in prison for this first offense, so if he slips and there's a second, sounds like he'll be up for plenty.

"The state just believes it's what's best for the victim," he said.
    What about preventing the very real possibilty of future victims?

I'm all for hanging him by the......

Wasn't there another poor punishment decision made by some Judge in Vermont?

A man just got life here for the rape of a child.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast