VT - Man can avoid jail in sex assault on 4-year-old boy

Unbelievable. When is the judicial system going to learn that pedophiles aren't able to be rehabilitated? If he does complete the treatment then I'm sure it won't be long before his "urges" come back and he's abused another innocent child or worse.

I can't even read the link. This is so upsetting. As stated in the last post, these offenders CANNOT be rehabilitated. Lock him up and throw away the key.

Opie said:
I can't even read the link. This is so upsetting. As stated in the last post, these offenders CANNOT be rehabilitated. Lock him up and throw away the key.

I can't either. :doh:

I can't either. I am getting too old to see many more abuses on innocent children. I need to do something not just post on a board but how do I make a differance?

I could run around on the streets yelling but that won't work.

I think letter writing to key Congress would be more effective. In fact, that is what I am going to do. I am going to make them sick of hearing from me.

concernedperson said:
I can't either. I am getting too old to see many more abuses on innocent children. I need to do something not just post on a board but how do I make a differance?

I could run around on the streets yelling but that won't work.

I think letter writing to key Congress would be more effective. In fact, that is what I am going to do. I am going to make them sick of hearing from me.

Yes it would. Five states now have the death penalty in place for repeat child sex offenders. All of them need to.

Jeana (DP) said:
Yes it would. Five states now have the death penalty in place for repeat child sex offenders. All of them need to.
Exactly! If these courts would start giving more harsher punishment maybe these sick people would cut back on this. Why in the best country in the world (imo) are we so lenient with these monsters?

White Rain said:
Exactly! If these courts would start giving more harsher punishment maybe these sick people would cut back on this. Why in the best country in the world (imo) are we so lenient with these monsters?

Liberals.

Looks like a plea deal to me - as in he wouldn't be admitting it if he weren't able to avoid jail through that. The prosecutor was saying if they didn't do this, him going to jail would be depending on the testimony of the 4 year old boy.

On the plus side, if he slips up at all in the treatment program, the judge has said he's going to jail - if he slips up in the slightest - denies his crime, minimizes it, or doesn't comply entirely with the program.

Details said:
Looks like a plea deal to me - as in he wouldn't be admitting it if he weren't able to avoid jail through that. The prosecutor was saying if they didn't do this, him going to jail would be depending on the testimony of the 4 year old boy.

On the plus side, if he slips up at all in the treatment program, the judge has said he's going to jail - if he slips up in the slightest - denies his crime, minimizes it, or doesn't comply entirely with the program.

If having sex with four-year olds is this person's compulsion, he'll do it again. Wonder what his punishment will be for the next offense or the one after that. I'm all for separating someone from the population and giving them treatment, but do it again and I'm all for hanging.

Jeana (DP) said:
If having sex with four-year olds is this person's compulsion, he'll do it again. Wonder what his punishment will be for the next offense or the one after that. I'm all for separating someone from the population and giving them treatment, but do it again and I'm all for hanging.
He was apparently up for life in prison for this first offense, so if he slips and there's a second, sounds like he'll be up for plenty.

Jeana (DP) said:
I'm all for hanging him by the......

Wasn't there another poor punishment decision made by some Judge in Vermont?

A man just got life here for the rape of a child.:dance:

This is from the above article:

A man who got a suspended sentence for sexually assaulting a 4-year-old boy was released without the usual court-ordered condition that he not approach the victim, officials say..."There's nothing in the order to require him to stay away from the victim," said David Miner, Bennington district manager for the Vermont Department of Probation and Parole. "We will tell him to, for safety reasons. But this doesn't leave us a whole lot of authority."

They're saying this is just a paperwork error :rolleyes: I wonder how long it will take to change it, if they ever do. As it is right now this man is free and can go hang out at this child's home, church or school with impunity. I'm sorry, how is this best for the victim?

Details said:

They say that about these guys in these programs...like the programs are really strict and they have to take these test all of the time, etc but that is a bunch of bull. I think the state must make a lot of money from these programs because anyone with half a brain knows that perverts can't be cured. There has to be a reason why each state keeps these programs up and running when they know they are useless.

Until these judges and Prosecutors at least use the laws that we do have our crime rate in every area is going to stay just as high as it is. As long as they keep patting these perverts, killers, etc on the head saying "if you will plead guilty we will give you the deal of your life" nothing is going to change. I hate plea bargains. They make no sense to me at all. If you do the crime you deserve the punishment to the fullest extent of the law...no darn plea bargins.

Do you know that there are still around 19 states that haven't passed "Jessica's Law" ? That is a mind bender to me. What is wrong with these people? I'll bet money that Vermont is one of them. I remember Bill Reilly talking about Vermont and how lax they are on perverts.

I enjoy being a member here; but, some of these stories make me crazy. I find myself hopping back and forth from the, "fun" threads (and enjoying them immensely) to help me keep balanced.

The pedo perp cannot be rehabilitated. Our tax dollars are paying for the failed attempts at rehabilitating excuses for sub-humans that are incapable of having a conscience. Instead they should be put in a working/chain gang prison and work for their keep by doing grunge work that no one else wants to do. JMO.

A select few of today's pedo perps that either get released from a, "sex offender rehabilitation program" or get released otherwise will become the murderers of tomorrow. We've seen it before. It is too a high of a risk to let these perps free to harm and destroy people's lives. Rather strong, but this is how I feel.

LionRun

Here's his ugly mug from the VT RSO list:
http://170.222.137.2:8080/sor/servlet/SOR?id=XX00223400

XX00223400.jpeg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads