Beckham signs with LA, $1 mil per WEEK

ljwf22

Reality continues to ruin my life.
Reaction score
Beckham to quit Real and head for L.A.

MADRID (Reuters) - Former England captain David Beckham will leave Real Madrid at the end of the season and sign a five-year deal for MLS side Los Angeles Galaxy, he told Reuters on Thursday.

"This week Real Madrid asked me to make a decision regarding my future and the offer to extend my contract for a further two seasons," said Beckham.

"After discussing several options with my family and my advisors to either stay here in Madrid or join other major British and European teams I have decided to join LA Galaxy and play in the MLS from August this year.

<<<<<snip>>>>>>>>

His deal is reported to be one of the biggest in global sport with Beckham set to earn more than $250 million over the duration of his contract following the removal of the salary cap in the MLS. Beckham will earn approximately one million dollars a week.
Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-beckhamdc&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Anyone else think this is obscene? At least Posh will be able to be with BFF Katie Holmes. Bet the Scientologists are lusting after this salary.

I just read this on the Comcast news. My son will be the happiest boy in the world. My son is a HUGE Beckham fan. Loves ManU and gets to be so lucky as to go to the soccer camp in England for the past two years. Then he became a supporter of Real Madrid for Beckham. Now that Beckham is coming to the States, my son will be ecstatic. Can't wait to pick him up from school to tell him.

I honestly thought Beckham would never come to the States, although hubby and son assured me that he would.

Edited to add: IMO, the amount of money this man is being paid to play soccer is CRAZY. He is a good player, but geeeeeeezzzzzzz that is a lot of money.

It's what Posh has always wanted! :dance: :dance: :dance:

and this means she'll probably be in town when Mel B has Eddy Murphy's baby so they can have a reunion. then Ginger will turn up. two more to arrive and they can re-form the Spice Girls. :bang:

angarella said:
I just read this on the Comcast news. My son will be the happiest boy in the world. My son is a HUGE Beckham fan. Loves ManU and gets to be so lucky as to go to the soccer camp in England for the past two years. Then he became a supporter of Real Madrid for Beckham. Now that Beckham is coming to the States, my son will be ecstatic. Can't wait to pick him up from school to tell him.

I honestly thought Beckham would never come to the States, although hubby and son assured me that he would.

Edited to add: IMO, the amount of money this man is being paid to play soccer is CRAZY. He is a good player, but geeeeeeezzzzzzz that is a lot of money.

I know another Beckham fan. :rolleyes:

angarella said:

It was either going to be America or Japan, word has it. whoever came up with the most dosh.

that's the Beckhams set then. i hope everyone enjoys them cos Europe has (probably speaking for myself here) had more than enough of them. or her, anyway.

i wonder who will turn up as his next mistress? :waitasec:

Floh said:
i wonder who will turn up as his next mistress? :waitasec:
In LA and making $10 million per week, he could have anyone...........

IdahoMom said:
LOL...as a friend of mine used to say, "he's a nice piece of meat". :doh: :p :blushing: :blushing: :angel:

That he is. I'm thinking if he's with Posh, he's probably as dumb as a bag of rocks, but if I wanted to talk, I could go out. :angel: :blushing:

Jeana (DP) said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D I volunteer.

YOU are shameless, madam! :slap:

:laugh:

i admit he is gorgeous — especially after seeing him photographed in his speedos last year (quite possibly the only man alive who can wear them without anyone sniggering). although i have heard he's a bit dense upstairs — but you weren't imagining intelligent discourse, were you? :slap:

http://www.justjared.com/images/2006/07/david-beckham-speedos.jpg

Jeana (DP) said:
That he is. I'm thinking if he's with Posh, he's probably as dumb as a bag of rocks, but if I wanted to talk, I could go out. :angel: :blushing:
Another nice piece of meat is Jose Canseco, imo. When I say piece of meat, I mean...I like the looks, body, etc., but not necessarily the man.:D :blushing: :angel:

I see nothing appealing about her. She definitely needs to fix her little pig nose, imo. Sorry, but :confused: . UGH.

I wonder if they'll be converted to Scientology while in L.A. :confused: (I need a spaceship smiley here:crazy: )

His contract is $250 Million over 5 years so its $1 Million a week not 10.

tybee204 said:
His contract is $250 Million over 5 years so its $1 Million a week not 10.
I'd take it! Still obscene, imo.
Must get reading glasses! :blushing:

It is obscene. its the equivalent of some lame actor like Tom Cruise making 2 movies a year. LOL Beckham is at least worth more then Tom Cruise.

tybee204 said:
It is obscene. its the equivalent of some lame actor like Tom Cruise making 2 movies a year. LOL Beckham is at least worth more then Tom Cruise.
I agree, Tybee. Beckham is much nicer to look at too. Maybe he can act? Replace tom entirely? One can dream....

ljwf22 said:
I agree, Tybee. Beckham is much nicer to look at too. Maybe he can act? Replace tom entirely? One can dream....

Sorry. everything points to him only being able to play soccer — but it's a living, i suppose . . . :dance:

Floh said:
It was either going to be America or Japan, word has it. whoever came up with the most dosh.

that's the Beckhams set then. i hope everyone enjoys them cos Europe has (probably speaking for myself here) had more than enough of them. or her, anyway.

You're right Floh - this is exactly what Posh wanted. I couldn't see her living in Japan mind you did she even live in Madrid?

I'm not looking foward to seeing her on every magazine that's for sure. I wonder what social circle they will gravitate to. Can't see the Cruise thing - bit too boring don't you think for Posh?

I think she's going to look out of place over here what with her runway clothing. I mean she even looked out of place at the Cruise wedding with that flipping hat.

Jeana (DP) said:
I know another Beckham fan. :rolleyes:

Whom would that be may I ask???

ETA: Oh, I read further and I think it is you. :cool:

I'll have to send you the poster that we just took down from my son's wall. (Had to make room for the freaking LIFESIZE wallbanger poster of Rooney that his uncle sent him from Wales. THanks Uncle F.) During Beckham's long haired phase. He is squatting/crouching on the ground. YUMMY!!!!!!! :cool:

I read he got 250 million a year, that is a sick HUGE amount of money! I am jealous.:rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back