Abducted/Nearly Abducted

ShowerSinger

Reaction score
Thought I'd start a new thread about this. It has happened to me twice. The first time, I was in third grade. My sister usually rode the school bus with me, but she was home sick that day. We were a military family, and had only lived in the area a short time. I loved school, and wouldn't have missed a day. Still, I got off at the wrong stop. I sorta knew my way home. But, from this particular stop, I was about 5 blocks away. Nobody else exited with me. There was a man, standing next to a telephone pole, smoking a cigar. I walked on the opposite side of the street. He started following me. He screamed for me to stop. I kept walking. Only, a little faster. Then he started running towards me. I dropped my lunchbox, and threw all my school papers. I started running, and screaming like crazy. I ran, and ran. I finally jumped a fence near my house, and hid out in the neighbor's dog house. It seemed like forever, I waited there. Finally, I heard calls for me. I jumped out, and ran for home. This happened years ago, and it still haunts me.
The second incident is still too upsetting to discuss. I'm just thankful to still be here today. It involved an aquaintance. The builder of my house. Just be careful everyone. Use your instincts, and do what you have to do.
Please post your own stories, as it may help save someone else.
God Bless Us All

She was a beautiful young lady. She was a freshman in college. Her washing machine had broken, so she went to the local washeteria, a block away from the local police station. It was about 10:00 at night. Her boyfriend was playing at a local pub, right across the street. I can still see in my mind, the yellow police tape surrounding her car, in the parking lot. Apparently, she put up quite a struggle...laundry detergent, her purse contents spilled out. They did find her body. Sad day. Her brother, and father had to identify her. She was found in a creek bed. Turtles had devoured her eyes out. The duct tape surrounding her hands helped catch her killer. It was someone who worked where she did. Her brother tried to bring a gun into the courthouse, but was stopped, and charged. Her family always says they wished they would have bought her a washer. The boyfriend still plays local venues. Hard to believe this happened in such a small town.

This happened several years ago, when I was a young teen. So was my sister. My sister had a gift for playing tennis. The local tennis courts were out. away from the city limits. Sorta like in the country. My mom used to load a bunch of us up, and take us out there to play. It also has like a park/recreational area for picnics and such. We were all on the tennis court, and I noticed this strange man staring at us. Moving closer, and closer to where we were. I freaked. I don't know why, and told mom we needed to leave NOW. Sis was pissed, but we left. Two days later....same place...a gunman shot and killed a beautiful young woman and paralyzed her boyfriend who where innocently having a picnic there. He raped them both. Broad daylight. I don't know what, if anything they could have done differently. The killer is in prison. Death row. Hope he gets there.

To save a few bucks, my sis, her sorority sis, and a KA parked in someone's yard a few blocks from the stadium. It was a night game. After the game, they were walking back to the car. Two unidentified black men approached them, robbed them, and sent the male walking to the bushes. They then jumped into the car and took the women's jewelry. They were just starting to physically assault them, when another car's headlights scared them away. So, it's not always safe "in numbers."

This happened a few years ago. I am a young mother of four boys, which is exhausting in itself, but on top of that I was working two jobs and going to college full time, so I was dead tired. I didn't have a car, so I was walking from my job to school which was about 2 miles. A guy that used to work with me stopped and offered me a ride, and since I knew who he was, I accepted. We got about a mile and he propositioned me, said since he gave me a ride I could give him "something in return." I said no and asked for him to let me out, and he wouldn't, he turned down this road that I knew led no where and I jumped out while the car was still moving. Luckily he kept going and didn't come back. I was scratched up and so scared and shaken up by the time I called my mom and let her know what happened that I thought she was going to have a heart attack. I learned my lesson though.

I believe that what I have been through in the past has influenced my need to help find missing loved ones, do K9 SAR, and try to understand the twisted minds of pedophiles and serial murderers. Unfortunately, I did not recover after the first attack. Instead I became an easy target for more than one attack after the first one. I am happy to say that I am no longer vulnerable. I am no longer a target.

It was Friday, August 27th, 1971, 3 days after my 12th birthday. I will never forget. To give some background first, my mother and I lived in Parsippany, NJ. My sister, 13 was living temporarily with our grandmother in New York. I was lonely and vulnerable because I had little self esteem and did not feel loved. My mother worked daily and arrived home at about 6:30 PM. I was often bored and had no friends.

As some already know I love animals, always have. One day in January or February of 1971 I found a big, orange, injured cat in the snow on a lawn of a house down the street from my house. I picked up the cat and knocked on a neighbor's door where I had previously seen a big orange cat (in the picture window). It was not his cat. He invited me inside, and I went in.

For months he and his wife (mostly him) would invite me over, or I would just stop over. He did not work due to emphysema. His wife worked and every day that I visited he and I would go into his finished basement to talk with his wife on the cb as she was driving home. I spent a lot of time there, and though I know now he was, "grooming" me, I had no idea then. He did nothing inappropriate--except that I later realized it is odd for a man to desire a 12 year old girl's company. My mother was oblivious.

One day he called me to come over, 3 days after my 12th birthday. After he let me in he locked all 3 locks on his front door. He told me he wanted to give me a spanking for my birthday. There was something very different in his demeanor that day. Something bad. I felt extremely uncomfortable and trapped. He chased me around the coffee table until he caught me. I knew I could not get out of the house by fighting. The 3 locks would take too long to open. I am only 5 feet tall now. I was about 4 feet 9 inches tall and about 85 LB. He was 6 feet 3 inches tall. He was 63 years old with emphysema; but, physically I was no match. He through me on the sofa and attacked and (can I say rape? sorry if this is against TOS rules) repeatedly, any way he could. I think at one point I passed out. I think I came to and he started all over again. I was beyond terrified. I was living in a horror movie, but it was real.

He finally let me up. I was standing near the coffee table hyperventilating with fear. I knew I needed to calm down and think. Then he said, "what is wrong with you? I do this with Maria all the time, and we have fun." At first I was disgusted and mortified by what he said. Then I thought of a way out of his house alive. I was so afraid he would kill me because of what he did to me. I don't know why I thought that--just a gut feeling.

So, I calmed myself down and played along. I tried to act like I was over the initial shock and it was no big deal. I don't know how I did that. I told him that one of my vicious dogs was in the garage and that a person was coming to fix the garage. Oh dear I had to get home to get the dog out of the garage (total lie). He let me out. I ran home with my ears listening backwards in fear that he would chase me.

I ran into the house. The walls were moving in and out, and the ceiling was moving up and down. I was seeing these things. I was in an awful state. I gathered our three German Shepherds and ran to my mothers bedroom where the second phone was and closed the door. I was afraid to use the kitchen phone for fear he would come and see me through the curtain less window. I called my mother at work, but could not articulate. Finally she somewhat understood.

She called my neighbor, Mrs. Tapkass, a nurse, to pick me up and take me to the hospital. She then took me to my friend's house. Mrs. Tapkass watched our home for the rest of the day after she got home. The man drove his purple car to my house 3 separate times and tried to get into the window--with 3 German Shepherds attacking through the glass. One of the windows was cracked. That man desperately wanted something from me or with me. I shake as I write this despite years of counseling and therapy.

His name was Edgar Baxter, and I can say that because he was convicted. I am sure he is long dead now. He was 63 years old in 1971.

But, there is a lesson I learned that day. I had so much going against me, feeling lost, alone, and unloved, I was particularly vulnerable. I was not taught not to go into people's homes, and no one told me it was odd for a 63 year old man to be so interest in a little girl. And, once I was trapped inside there was little chance of escape if I had relied solely on physical strength. So I used my head any way I could. When the opportunity arose I made up the dog in the garage story. And, thank the Lord it worked. That is one lie I don't think the Lord minds that I told.

LionRun

Thanks for starting this thread, so I can finally get this one off my chest. We went camping the early summer when our Dear Daughter (DD) was 3 years old. Hubby had to work during the day, so me and DD were by ourselves at the motorhome. There weren't many people at the campground yet, we basically had our part of the 'loop' to ourselves. We could see other people by their campers though. It was all temporary camping, so still lots of empty spots.
When I had to go in to make us a few sandwiches, I wanted DD to come in with me, but she begged to stay outside and finish whatever she was playing. I thought 'hey, I'm right here, what can happen?' and went inside the motorhome. She was right outside the open door. Seriously only minutes later, she comes in with a little stuffed animal. I asked her where did you get that at, and she said 'the man in the car' threw it to her.
I went outside, thinking it might be our friend who ran the campground, but there was no car to be seen. What I did find were two more of the same stuffed animals, each a little closer to the road. When it sank in that this man had probably tried luring DD to the car with it, I just felt sick. We were just lucky that she never was the kind of child to walk up to strangers, plus at that time she didn't speak the language of that country too well.
I still feel sick when I think back to this. It taught me that things like abductions really do happen in seconds. Even though you think you are watchful. I am much more watchful now, as in not letting her out of my sight at all. I always say, kids will blame their parents for doing one thing or another wrong as they grow up.... ours will probably blame us for being too much 'on top' of her. But you know what.... I'd rather she'll blame us for that, than something unspeakable happening and her blaming or wondering why nobody came to help her.....

I have had MANY times where I have been out and things have happened and I believe it was God who has kept me safe. I was raised in church and my mother always had me and my brothers there. I was a bit rebellious I think from being made to go to church 24/7. I would run the streets all hours of the day and evenings. One day my little brother and I were coming home from trick or treating and this guy pulled his car up to us, and in my mind I still see it and him, and he exposed himself and told us to get in. We ran like crazy all the way to my uncles. I have never been so scared in my life! I think I always made myself vulnerable in situations because of my own stupidity. I really believe that God watched over me my teenage years. Many times did guys stop and ask me if I wanted a ride ect....I would never accept though. I read to many books and knew one to many stories and the dangers. I do though have a girl that I went to school with who has been missing for many years and we have never heard anything. They only ever found her purse and its contents. I think she was abducted for sure. Here is the Link to her..... http://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/Agencies/police/homicide/unsolved_missing_persons/mosley1995.html

JanetElaine said:
Thanks for starting this thread, so I can finally get this one off my chest. We went camping the early summer when our Dear Daughter (DD) was 3 years old. Hubby had to work during the day, so me and DD were by ourselves at the motorhome. There weren't many people at the campground yet, we basically had our part of the 'loop' to ourselves. We could see other people by their campers though. It was all temporary camping, so still lots of empty spots.
When I had to go in to make us a few sandwiches, I wanted DD to come in with me, but she begged to stay outside and finish whatever she was playing. I thought 'hey, I'm right here, what can happen?' and went inside the motorhome. She was right outside the open door. Seriously only minutes later, she comes in with a little stuffed animal. I asked her where did you get that at, and she said 'the man in the car' threw it to her.
I went outside, thinking it might be our friend who ran the campground, but there was no car to be seen. What I did find were two more of the same stuffed animals, each a little closer to the road. When it sank in that this man had probably tried luring DD to the car with it, I just felt sick. We were just lucky that she never was the kind of child to walk up to strangers, plus at that time she didn't speak the language of that country too well.
I still feel sick when I think back to this. It taught me that things like abductions really do happen in seconds. Even though you think you are watchful. I am much more watchful now, as in not letting her out of my sight at all. I always say, kids will blame their parents for doing one thing or another wrong as they grow up.... ours will probably blame us for being too much 'on top' of her. But you know what.... I'd rather she'll blame us for that, than something unspeakable happening and her blaming or wondering why nobody came to help her.....
That is freaky!

When I was 8 my very overprotective mother let me walk to the store which you could see from our house. On the way there a car pulled up next to me with 2 men in it and they were telling me to get in the car. I freaked and just stood there and at that moment, some women I will call an angel drove her car up on the side walk putting her car between me and these men. she told me to run home now she started yelling and cussing these men. I never knew who she was or what made her know something wasn't right but I have always been greatfull. Now I know why my mom was overprotective and appreciate her for that. There were also 2 occasions of men exposing them selves. Once in a car asking for directions and another walked right up to my back yard. These people are sick. And my kids wonder why I am so overprotective....

LionRun...

Wow. Your story was heart wrenching. I felt like I was in that house with you. I'm sorry you had to see evil like that at such a young age. I have no doubt he wanted in your house to kill you so that his disgusting secret would never be found out.

He probably is dead now....burning in Hell for all eternity.

Bless you.

julianne said:
LionRun...

Wow. Your story was heart wrenching. I felt like I was in that house with you. I'm sorry you had to see evil like that at such a young age. I have no doubt he wanted in your house to kill you so that his disgusting secret would never be found out.

He probably is dead now....burning in Hell for all eternity.

Bless you.
Thank you julianne. Once I got through that and additional horrendous experiences with years of therapy, I decided to siphon any possible good that could and did come from them. I do what I can to let others know about safety. I have taught my daughter all I can, of course too. That is how I live with past horrors--by turning the tables on the twisted perps who destroy people's lives. Educate children, help find the missing, and anything else I can do. It helps counteract the disgraceful acts of such criminals.

I see so much we can get from sharing these stories. For example, Little 3 year old DD apparently had a potential abductor who carried cute stuffed toys (premeditated big time). The toys were left closer and closer to the road. We have just been given excellent information on how perps get a hold of certain children, what to watch for, and that it truly can happen in seconds with a loving parent just feet away inside a camper. Invaluable information can help prevent abductions/attacks, help profile and find perps, and no doubt can ultimately save lives. This is my hope.

LionRun

This is so hard to talk about. But, if it helps anyone else...then okay. I was already kidnapped, but I told the SOB that it was "that time of the month." I'd be right back. (He had already ripped off my shirt.) I used my wits....and RAN like crazy. I can still hear in my head him saying....YOu Can Run, But you can't hide. I ran. And ran. All I had on was my pink bra, stretchy pants, socks, sneakers, and my 2 and a half carat diamond wedding ring. Scared to death. I kept hiding. Then, it started raining. It was pure hell. I had no idea where I was, except in the middle of the woods. Still trying to get over the whole ordeal. Perp took my shirt, purse home to my then husband...lied, and said I just went crazy, and jumped out of his truck. He got a slap on the wrist by LE. His family owned the town. He should be on the SO list anywhere. I was lucky. Missing for 48 hours....a ton of chigger bites, and a prayer answered when I made my way to the interstate, and a good Christian couple picked me up.....pink bra, chigger eaten ,ring hid in shoe.....I'll never forget this couple. Would like to find them, and thank them properly. I believe there last name is Brooke(s)? I am forever grateful!

ShowSinger, I am deeply sorry that such an evil scum has hurt you. I am glad you escaped. I have learned over the years that keeping and using one's mind can ultimately mean the difference between life and death. Even in cases where a victim escaped using physical means, they used their head as to when and how to do it.

Despite the shear terror in a strange area, overpowered physically, by a twisted perp, you kept your head and used your brain skillfully to escape further harm. My hat is off to you my dear lady. Thank you for sharing, as it helps me in my recovery too.

I do know the black hole of terror one feels in the throws of abduction, sexual assault, and the primal fear of imminent murder. What we can do now to help balance what, "bad" has been done to us is to find a way perhaps based on our experiences to help others. That, I have found to be healing, because if one, just one person can be helped as a result of a bad experience, then that terrible event was not experienced in vain.

LionRun

Your story rocked me. Thanks for posting. I don't think I will ever get over t he terror I endured. It was surreal. My husband, at the time, didn't do much to help. Thank God, my family got the helicopters involved. We were not in a happy marriage at the time, and the ex was none to thrilled to have me found. My local friends, in the area, even told me how the ex had tried to raise my life insurance policy to a million bucks. Apparently, and thank God, the insurance company (Prudential) asked around to find out if this was a reasonable deal. (I had already filed divorce papers.) To this day, the ex hasn't been charged. Yet he has remarried, and been found of spousal abuse charges. He is a dentist. Though, I don't think he was involved in this horrible incident. He still owes my family 50K, but I doubt we'll ever get that back.

I was a young lady...headed to Atlanta to go out with a friend to the latest coolest concert. My friend lived on Paces Ferry, a cool safe part of town. Then, out of nowhere, I had to gas up. All of a sudden, this balck dude jumped out and told me to get back into the car. I said HELL NO. He tried to drive off in the Benz, but the super unleaded hose was still attached. There were other cars waiting for that lane, he jumped out, and bailed! Ha Ha. I had waited forever to fill up, and in a safe area. As far as I know, he was never caught. Again, BROAD DAYLIght!

Hi SS. I am sorry that your husband was not supportive and seemed to react to the contrary. Uck. Bet you are, "happily" divorced huh? I hope you heal even further than you have.

You may not have noticed; but, I was taken first to the hospital and then to my friend's house. Mrs. Tapkass arranged to watch over my home from across the street for the rest of that day. This is because my mother said she could not leave work. She picked me up from my friend's house later that evening. Except for interactions with LE (my mother left the room for them), what happened to me was never spoken of again. All of this, I believe contributed greatly to me becoming even more vulnerable and in need of mega counseling years later.

Today, I am not a victim. I am not a survivor. I am a thriver.

"This is because my mother said she could not leave work. "

Lion: Yeah, I had a mother like that also! I swear I could have been dead and my mother would have told the police she would have to come and pick up my body after she got off work.

I was never attacked as a child but in looking back it is a miracle that I was not. I was totally unsupervised. Wandered around the small community we lived in after school every day and all summer long. Discovered the local library at an early age and spent many, many hours there as a child. Went to numerous local "Summer Bible School"s - all on my own. I would just walk in the door!

My mother's great "career" was as a clerk at the local "5 & 10 cent store"! Truly important work!

In looking back at it all, this was a woman who did not particularly enjoy motherhood, used the "I have to work" excuse to relieve her of the need to participate in parenting. My father had a decent job - better than lots of my friend's dads had at the time. Her "need to work" was for herself.

So sorry you had this experience. Glad you triumphed!

Thank you AlwaysSchocked. I am grateful for what I can share with and do for people and animals as a result of what I went through and my subsequent recovery. I remember during my most challenging days when I believed I would never recover I would tell myself, "I quit, evil and the evil perp wins". Was not gonna happen.

Lion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back