546 users online (74 members and 472 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Eight held over hammer attack on schoolboy

Parents spoke of their shock and disgust today after a 15-year-old boy was attacked with a hammer at his school.
    The pupil was left lying in a pool of blood after he was set upon by a gang of at least four men at the Ridgeway School in Wroughton, near Swindon, Wiltshire, at around 4pm yesterday.
    The teenager, who has not been named, was taken to Swindon Great Western Hospital where his condition was today described as stable. Eight men have been arrested and are being questioned at Gable Cross police station in the town.
    Parents arriving at the modern comprehensive school today to drop their children off admitted they were worried about pupil safety following the attack.
    One mother, who did not want to be named, said: "It's incredible this could happen on school grounds in broad daylight.
    "It's horrific. It makes you wonder whether you are doing the right thing by making your children go to school today."

As you see, America you're not the only ones worried about your children's safety at school.

I used to long ago roll my eyes at folk who said, "What is wrong with people?"

now i don't and i ask the self same question: What is wrong with people?

was this a racial hate crime? the headmaster says he is unaware of any racial tension within the school. others disagree.

The injured boy, who is white, was set upon at the end of the school day by a gang of Asian men, who jumped out of a car and pinned down the teenager on the school's tennis courts. He is thought to have been hit several times with a hammer.

"Up to 100 pupils are thought to have witnessed the attack."

that the attackers didn't care who saw them!

The South, USA
    Four men against one 15-year-old kid? That is sick. If it were kids against kids, that would terrible but kind of understandable: kids are kids and do stupid stuff. But what kind of man beats up a 15-year-old kid, much less in a gang of four? I hope they are caught and punished -- severely.