GUILTY AR - Elizabeth Cimprich, 14, killed by drunk driver, Pine Bluff, 11 Jan 2007

Good. I firmly believe that people who are arrested for drunk driving should face attempted murder charges, even if they don't get into accidents. :hand: Well, maybe not that far; I don't want to go all Minority Report on people. Still. The woman was drunk, driving, and left the scene of the accident. Lock her up.

Murder charge POSSIBLE?????? Only POSSIBLE???????

Murder charges should be AUTOMATIC in this case!!! The woman was drunk, killed an innocent little girl, and then FLED the scene of the accident & hid out----only to be found later.

Good God....if this wasn't murder, I don't know what is!

What type of idiot not only drinks and drives, but gets drunk in the middle of the afternoon and drives around when children are going home from school?

The headline should read "Murder Charge Imminent."

Mr. E said:
What type of idiot not only drinks and drives, but gets drunk in the middle of the afternoon and drives around when children are going home from school?

The headline should read "Murder Charge Imminent."

Absolutely the headline should read "Murder Charge Imminent."
This issue strikes very close to home for me. We just buried my cousin last week, after being killed by a drunk driver in the middle of the afternoon. The driver was charged with 2nd degree murder the very next day after the accident.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. I can probably only slightly imagine how you all feel. Murder charges should be filed...not even sure it should be as low as 2nd degree. The decision was made to drink and drive and that's just like loading a gun and going looking for victims, imo.

This women should be sent to the death chamber ....

That being said the schools bus system should not ever be permitted to drop children off on the other side of a highway.

From February 2007:

http://www.ncsbs.org/news-2007/plea-deal-reached.htm

A Jefferson County woman accused of passing a stopped school bus and killing a 14-year-old girl was sentenced to 16 years in prison Wednesday after agreeing to a plea to settle the case.

Shannon Dopson, 39, pleaded no contest to negligent homicide, failure to stop after an accident resulting in injury or death, driving while intoxicated and first-degree assault...

Hunter said Dopson’s blood alcohol level was .27 percent, almost four times the legal limit of .08 percent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back