UK - Ellie Lawrenson, 5, mauled to death by pit bull, Merseyside, 1 Jan 2007

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
Death-dog owner bears his niece's coffin

THE owner of a pit bull that savaged a five-year-old girl to death helped carry her tiny coffin into church yesterday. Kiel Simpson, uncle of victim Ellie Lawrenson, stood shoulder to shoulder with her father as a pallbearer.

and

Ellie was at the home of her grandmother Jackie Simpson, 46, when the dog attacked on New Year's Day. Mrs Simpson suffered bites to her arms and legs as she fought to save the little girl.

Mr Simpson, who has served a jail sentence for possession of cannabis worth £24,000, voluntarily attended the police station after the tragedy to assist with inquiries.

His dog Reuben, which was destroyed, has since been linked to a suspected dog-fighting ring in Merseyside. Police have seized up to 60 pit bulls and arrested more than a dozen people.

A search of the house where Ellie was killed uncovered a stash of drugs and at least £15,000 in cash.

~more at link~

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=428249&in_page_id=1770

I, as dad of that little girl, would be out in the deep woods somewhere digging uncle kiel's grave.

Sounds like stupidity runs in the family of this crew.

Cal

At least he wasn't sloppily dressed wearing a cap and carrying a "beverage" in his other hand.

Sorry if that sounds irreverant, I just couldn't resist!

Susan

TGIRecovered said:
At least he wasn't sloppily dressed wearing a cap and carrying a "beverage" in his other hand.

Sorry if that sounds irreverant, I just couldn't resist!

Susan

Your remark sounds bang on, IMO! :furious: :furious: :furious:

29 suspected pit bulls have been seized by authorities http://www.itv.com/news/5b2b98f3135612d99fa6a4d348cf597e.html in the area now. pit bulls are illegal in Britain and they have been for something like 16 years. a pit bull who has lived a long time, ok. but i believe those seized are young dogs and are used for dog fights. betting, you know.

Bitten politician's appeal: Hand over your dogs

Under the Act, the owner of an illegal dog can face a £5,000 fine as well as a six-month prison sentence.

http://www.blackburncitizen.co.uk/n...en_politicians_appeal_hand_over_your_dogs.php

Mabel said:
I'm assuming the uncle will be facing charges? He needs to be locked up for a good long time.

Sounds like they ALL need to be locked up for a good long time. Doesn't sound like this activity...drug dealing and dog fighting was unknown to anyone.

Sad.

Cal

calus_3 said:
Sounds like they ALL need to be locked up for a good long time. Doesn't sound like this activity...drug dealing and dog fighting was unknown to anyone.

Sad.

Cal

True. They are all equally responsible for the little girl's tragic death.

Mabel said:
True. They are all equally responsible for the little girl's tragic death.

Don't get me wrong because I think the uncle should be punished but I'm glad to see he carried the coffin, he has to live with that forever rather than hiding somewhere trying to forget.

Mabel, one more post and you'll be ay 7000!! Whoo hoo :dance:

Jubie

SewingDeb said:
Death-dog owner bears his niece's coffin

THE owner of a pit bull that savaged a five-year-old girl to death helped carry her tiny coffin into church yesterday. Kiel Simpson, uncle of victim Ellie Lawrenson, stood shoulder to shoulder with her father as a pallbearer.

and

Ellie was at the home of her grandmother Jackie Simpson, 46, when the dog attacked on New Year's Day. Mrs Simpson suffered bites to her arms and legs as she fought to save the little girl.

Mr Simpson, who has served a jail sentence for possession of cannabis worth £24,000, voluntarily attended the police station after the tragedy to assist with inquiries.

His dog Reuben, which was destroyed, has since been linked to a suspected dog-fighting ring in Merseyside. Police have seized up to 60 pit bulls and arrested more than a dozen people.

A search of the house where Ellie was killed uncovered a stash of drugs and at least £15,000 in cash.

~more at link~

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=428249&in_page_id=1770
click to enlarge the pic, the mom and uncle both have tweeker hands..just an observation.

jubie said:
Don't get me wrong because I think the uncle should be punished but I'm glad to see he carried the coffin, he has to live with that forever rather than hiding somewhere trying to forget.

Jubie

Oh my. I wonder if it was all added up, how much time I've spent making those 7,000 posts. It's probably better that I don't know.

Mabel said:
Oh my. I wonder if it was all added up, how much time I've spent making those 7,000 posts. It's probably better that I don't know.

Mabel, Ha ha, all of them enjoyable to read I'm sure. Funny though, you posted your 7000th just as I was typing that you were about to. :D

Jubie

Just curious...What do you mean by "tweeker hands"? I know that meth heads are commonly seen with blister type pick marks.....

Well, probably inappropriate time and place but Mom is kind of hot! :D

This is a terrible case....not at all like I pictured them though. I sensed a mullet.

Cal

calus_3 said:
Well, probably inappropriate time and place but Mom is kind of hot! :D

This is a terrible case....not at all like I pictured them though. I sensed a mullet.

Cal

And seven limos for the funeral. SEVEN, wow. They have money and looks but sadly none of that can bring little Ellie back.

kayceebee said:
Just curious...What do you mean by "tweeker hands"? I know that meth heads are commonly seen with blister type pick marks.....
the habitual users hands dry out and crack.

richandfamous said:
the habitual users hands dry out and crack.

coffin1101_700x500.jpg

moderators...if this pic is too big i will remove it asap

Its fine. They are a good looking bunch. That little girl's face will haunt me as I hope it haunts the aholes responsible. All of them.

That little girl is just precious. Now she is dead thinks to that idoit having a pit bull. I wonder why it went after the little girl. If the dog was used in dog fights why in the world was it out where it would be around that little girl? It has been trained to be mean. Are there going to be charges brought against the uncle? I guess his sister must not blame him if she agreed to him being a pallbearer at the service. Me, not on your life. If I didn't kill him he better know to stay a long ways away from me.

If the dogs were indeed fighting dogs, then pretty much everyone connected to this little girl has to share the blame. Mom left the girl with Grandma knowing the dog was there, Grandma allowed access, etc, etc. But I don't think even the Uncle should be banished from the funeral. They were incredibly careless and stupid and this didn't need to happen, but it doesn't mean they didn't love her. Now if someone had sicked a dog on a child, absolutely do not allow them near the funeral, but while this was an avoidable tragedy, it wasn't intentional.

jubie said:

Jubie

So true Jubie!
It could be that helping to carry her coffin was one way of accepting responsibility for the death of an innocent child.

Susan

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back