Touching....but

calus_3

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.local6.com/news/10726779/detail.html

I bet that lion eats her face before long. I think that lion is letting her marinate....get a little stringier over time....before he eats her! :D

I think he is just conditioning her so that when they forget to feed him one day, ROAR!

Yikes!

Cal

Reminds me of that bear guy - used to live with and talk to the bears. Hung out with them more than Goldilocks did. Til one mistook him for the porriage. Yum yum.

Eve

From the article:

"We dedicate our lives to the care of these animals without one single peso from the state," Torres said.

Doesn't she know that her "state" doesn't hand out "pesos"???? :bang:

Are you saying the lion is grooming her?!? :eek: ;)

Many moons ago I used to volunteer at an animal shelter for 'dumped' circus animals, and I hugged a tiger. It was only a puppy, or whatever they call tiger-babies, but when it stood up and put it's paws on your shoulders, it would be a little over 6 foot. Hugging that animal was the most amazing feeling. Kind of a mixture between 'this ain't right' and a preview of heaven.

We also had a lion there, a male one with big manes. We used to do aerobics with him in the morning. He would be in his outside cage (well it was about half an acre) and us humans on the outside of the fence. It's hard to decribe here, something you have to see really, but he would mimic some of the moves we did and run with us.... lots of fun. I would never in my life have kissed him though.

I don't even let dogs lick my face... ewwwww.

Jeana (DP) said:
From the article:

"We dedicate our lives to the care of these animals without one single peso from the state," Torres said.

Doesn't she know that her "state" doesn't hand out "pesos"???? :bang:

I think it's just an expression. The implication is "not even a peso, must less a dollar."

calus_3 said:
http://www.local6.com/news/10726779/detail.html

I bet that lion eats her face before long. I think that lion is letting her marinate....get a little stringier over time....before he eats her! :D

I think he is just conditioning her so that when they forget to feed him one day, ROAR!

Yikes!

Cal

Cal, I fear you are right. (Even the most affectionate lions sometimes quarrel with one another, but they are evenly matched and little harm results.)

I just wish you weren't so gleefully anticipating being right. :D

Nova said:
I think it's just an expression. The implication is "not even a peso, must less a dollar."

I'm not sure why she thinks they should contribute anything. Didn't she say most of this animals were illegal to begin with? Does someone have to be eaten before the state steps in and closes her down? She's endangering not only herself but everyone around her.

Jeana (DP) said:
I'm not sure why she thinks they should contribute anything. Didn't she say most of this animals were illegal to begin with? Does someone have to be eaten before the state steps in and closes her down? She's endangering not only herself but everyone around her.

Sorry, Jeana, I hadn't read the article carefully.

The woman is in Columbia, so she means "peso" literally. It's what Columbia calls its primary unit of currency.

Yes, a lot of the animals are illegal, but the subject of the article didn't take them from the wild, she rescued them from other people.

A lot of folks would agree that animal sanctuaries should be state-supported for humanitarian reasons. But in this case, the woman has made do with donations and what she earns.

As for risk to neighbors, the article doesn't really address that issue. The lion that "kisses" is kept in a cage.

Nova said:
Sorry, Jeana, I hadn't read the article carefully.

The woman is in Columbia, so she means "peso" literally. It's what Columbia calls its primary unit of currency.

Yes, a lot of the animals are illegal, but the subject of the article didn't take them from the wild, she rescued them from other people.

A lot of folks would agree that animal sanctuaries should be state-supported for humanitarian reasons. But in this case, the woman has made do with donations and what she earns.

As for risk to neighbors, the article doesn't really address that issue. The lion that "kisses" is kept in a cage.

You're correct. I was for some reason thinking California. That speed reading class owes me a refund.

Jeana (DP) said:
You're correct. I was for some reason thinking California. That speed reading class owes me a refund.

Mine, too: they didn't tell me the speed-reading skills would decline with age.

The woman is in Cali, Columbia. It would be easy to get California from skimming.

Jeana (DP) said:
Are you trying to tell me something???? :eek:

Oh, no! I'm sure the defects in your reading result only from the heavy pressures of WS.

Nova said:
Oh, no! I'm sure the defects in your reading result only from the heavy pressures of WS.

It was 20 years in the legal profession and three kids that burned my brain.

Jeana (DP) said:
It was 20 years in the legal profession and three kids that burned my brain.

Sure, blame it on the helpless children... :cool:

Go ahead y'all and totally ignore my touching story. :hand:

;)

That's exactly what the shelter was about though - rescuing animals that circusses just wanted to ditch (read: kill). Because they didn't need them anymore. not because there was something wrong with the animal.

I even boycot zoo's too - you won't believe what goes on behind closed doors there. All I will say is, those little animal babies sure are good for drawing the public in.... but how come the zoo's never get overcrowded? Move the grown animals to other zoo's? Yeah right... they had babies too, remember? :mad:

JanetElaine said:
Are you saying the lion is grooming her?!? :eek: ;)

Many moons ago I used to volunteer at an animal shelter for 'dumped' circus animals, and I hugged a tiger. It was only a puppy, or whatever they call tiger-babies, but when it stood up and put it's paws on your shoulders, it would be a little over 6 foot. Hugging that animal was the most amazing feeling. Kind of a mixture between 'this ain't right' and a preview of heaven.

We also had a lion there, a male one with big manes. We used to do aerobics with him in the morning. He would be in his outside cage (well it was about half an acre) and us humans on the outside of the fence. It's hard to decribe here, something you have to see really, but he would mimic some of the moves we did and run with us.... lots of fun. I would never in my life have kissed him though.

I don't even let dogs lick my face... ewwwww.

Your story is cool! I could hug a tiger as long as it is smaller than I am....yikes.

He ain't kissing her, he's letting his salive pre-digesting her! :D

Double ewwww, you think a dog is bad think about the size of the things he's been licking all day! :D

Cal

calus_3 said:
Double ewwww, you think a dog is bad think about the size of the things he's been licking all day! :D

Cal
I just choked on my tea! lol

I was a student docent at the zoo in my hometown one summer. We got all the behind the scene visits and such. One day a friend and I were walking down this long hall to go to the keepers lounge, turned a corner and this deafening roar nearly knocked us down.

They had just gotten a white bengal tiger youngster and we must have spooked him. He was in a waiting area to be taken to the on site vet. Once I un-swallowed my tongue I stood there in awe! It was amazing and scary all at the same time. But I never once thought to go up and pet it!

I stuck to the little things like ferrets and lizards lol

Great story! Lions are my favorite big cat. Gorgeous.

We have had two of our house cats since birth. One of them, Blackie, is extremely affectionate. He "kisses" us on the lips- literally presses his little mouth against our closed lips. I think it's the sweetest thing. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back