Found Deceased CA - Amber Hill, 38, Downey, 9 Jan 2007

Bubble1421

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Amber Lee Hill has been missing since Tuesday 1/9/07. Listed as "highly suspicious". She was last seen at work at a Coca-Cola Plant in Downey, CA around 6am.

5'5" 150lbs w/ long brown hair & brown eyes

Last seen driving a 2001 blue Dodge Stratus lic. 4SFE756

Any info call OC Sheriff - 714-628-7170

More info & photo at http://www.ocsd.org/
Click on Missing Persons under the Crime Bulletins section.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/10733871/detail.html?rss=la&psp=news

http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=5929333

CBS) WHITTIER A wallet, identification and personal items belonging to a Stanton woman reported missing last week were found along a walking trail in Whittier Sunday, an Orange County sheriff's official said.

Amber Lee Hill, 38, was last seen leaving her job at the Coca-Cola bottling plant in Downey early Tuesday morning.

Hill spoke to her boyfriend via cell phone en route to her home at in the 7500 block of Katella Avenue, but she never showed up, according to Jim Amormino of the Orange County Sheriff's Department.

Then earlier Sunday, someone walking on a trail off Colima Road in Whittier found some of her personal belongings, he said.

Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies searched the area but found no additional clues, Amormino said.

Hill's dark-blue, 2001 Dodge Stratus remains missing. It has smoke-tinted windows, black hubcaps and damage to the hood and driver's side, he said. The California license plate -- 4SFE756.

Investigators said there had been no activity in Hill's bank accounts since she was reported missing. Relatives told authorities she had never disappeared before.

Anyone with more information was asked to call local authorities

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_014200041.htmlhttp://www.latimes.com/news/printed...4667217.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-california

What's up with the two license plate numbers? The ocsd link has two plate numbers 5KXA396 (original CA license 4SFE756) and the media articles only mention 4SFE756 yet the ocsd site is citing the 5KXA396 number as the plate number.....in the scheme of things it probably doesn't matter but odd still.

According to investigators, she was planning to divorce her husband and seek custody of her 12 year old step-daughter. She filed a domestic violence case against her estranged husband in 2004 but the resolution of the case is unclear. It sounds like she currently has a boyfriend who also works at the Coca-Cola plant.

http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_018054214.html

Probe continues in case of Amber Lee Hill, reported missing for more than a week.

By DENISSE SALAZAR
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
STANTON – Authorities continue to investigate the disappearance of a Stanton woman who has been missing for more than a week.

Amber Lee Hill, 38, was last seen around 6 a.m. on Jan. 9 after her shift ended at the Coca-Cola bottling plant in Downey.

Investigators are looking into divorce and custody proceedings in addition to a sexual harassment complaint in which Hill was a potential witness to determine if those factors played a part in her disappearance, Orange County Sheriff's Department spokesman Jim Amormino said.

Hill was going through a divorce and wanted custody of her 12-year-old stepdaughter, her sister Audra Alvarez said this week.

Hill was married for about a year to San Bernardino contractor Robert Hill.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1549865.php

Police: Body Found In Whittier Believed To Be That Of Missing Woman Police say they believe that a body found Wednesday in Whittier is that of Amber Hill, the Stanton woman who went missing Jan. 9 after her shift at a bottling plant.

MORE DETAILS: http://www.nbc4.tv/tu/5m8LnZfKl.html

Also, I just read this paragraph from the above link:

"Inside the trunk of the car, police found dried blood and a pair of tennis shoes, according to the Los Angeles Times newspaper."

This is so sad. I wish stories like this could have more happy endings instead of sadness and tragedy. :(

This is very sad :(

I feel very bad for her daughter and grandchildren :(

People are so cruel.

I wonder if it was a random murder, her ex or someone at work?

I hope justice will be served.

Hopefully, the discovery of her body will aid in the conviction of her murderer(s). I am saddened to hear that she was not found alive; but, I am unfortunately not surprised. I pray for her family that they have the strength to cope with what happened to Amber.

Lion

A decomposed body was identified as an Orange County woman who vanished earlier this month and apparently was murdered, authorities said Thursday.

The plastic-wrapped body of Amber Lee Hill, 38, was found under a bush near a roadway in Turnbull Canyon on Wednesday, about a mile from a hiking trail where her wallet and other belongings were discovered about 10 days ago.

"It appears she has been the victim of foul play" but an autopsy would be needed to determine the cause of her death, Orange County sheriff's Lt. Jim Amormino said.

No suspects had been identified, he said.

Investigators also were analyzing blood found in the trunk and on the bumper of Hill's car, which was found parked in a parking lot about 10 miles away a day before her body was discovered.

The Stanton woman vanished on Jan. 9 after finishing an overnight shift at a Coca-Cola bottling plant in Downey.

The body was wearing a Coca-Cola uniform and had tattoos consistent with Hill's, said Jason Zuhlke, a spokesman for the Whittier Police Department.

A motive in the case was unclear, Zuhlke said.

"While there are a multitude of theories pertaining to a potential motive, not one has been definitively ruled out," he said.

Hill was estranged from her husband and was about to file for divorce and seek custody of her 12-year-old stepdaughter, authorities said. She also was a potential witness in a sexual harassment complaint involving a co-worker.

http://www.pe.com/ap_news/California/CA_Body_Found_272435C.shtml

Kimberly G is covering this story on her show The Lineup on Fox News Channel now. Identity was confirmed with a thumbprint. No further details from coroner's office as yet per LE person speaking.

Amber's daughter is on....mentions the seperation/divorce as amicable, her relationship with her boyfriend of about a year is good and she's not aware of them fighting. Possibly something from her work though.

Sorry, caught me when I was busy doing something else and I wasn't able to really capture the interview. The LE members that spoke prior were very well spoken and seemed to go over what is already known from articles/reports previously posted. She was found about 20 yds or so from the roadway, she appeared to be partially wrapped in some kind of plastic but not entirely wrapped. Seems like the autopsy is not complete or the report is not available but the LE officer did say that all they knew at this time is the identity.

chicoliving said:
Kimberly G is covering this story on her show The Lineup on Fox News Channel now. Identity was confirmed with a thumbprint. No further details from coroner's office as yet per LE person speaking.

Amber's daughter is on....mentions the seperation/divorce as amicable, her relationship with her boyfriend of about a year is good and she's not aware of them fighting. Possibly something from her work though.

Sorry, caught me when I was busy doing something else and I wasn't able to really capture the interview. The LE members that spoke prior were very well spoken and seemed to go over what is already known from articles/reports previously posted. She was found about 20 yds or so from the roadway, she appeared to be partially wrapped in some kind of plastic but not entirely wrapped. Seems like the autopsy is not complete or the report is not available but the LE officer did say that all they knew at this time is the identity.
Thank you mistivon and chicoliving for posting updates. I hope and pray that the mureder (s) is caught and convicted.

Lion

Does anybody have information on Amber Lee Hill's murder investigation? I did a google and couldn't find anything new. Latest I could find was from March, all it said was "no leads'. Is there anybody local that might be able to update?

Amber is one the cases that never left me.

Thanks for any info.

Does anybody have information on Amber Lee Hill's murder investigation? I did a google and couldn't find anything new. Latest I could find was from March, all it said was "no leads'. Is there anybody local that might be able to update?

Amber is one the cases that never left me.

Thanks for any info.

I wrote this last year with the intention of reading it at her funeral, I just couldn't go. I stumbled onto this site looking to see if any new leads or the killer had been found.

I would be happy to be able to hug her just one more time.

RIP Amber Lee Hill

Well she was Amber Lee Wenzler when I knew her. We dated off and on for four years.

I got a call last night about her disappearance earlier in January and that she was found murdered this Wednesday.

It is hard to know what to feel since I married and I haven't seen her since 2001 or so, but I can't help to be sad and hope her passing was quick.

She wasn't a person I would think would bring something like this upon herself or otherwise put herself in harm's way.

Certainly not a person who deserved to be rolled up in plastic and tossed off the side of a road.

I have thought about her from time to time, just like you do for an old friend. I hoped she and Jennifer were OK and doing well in their lives. I guess I won't have to think about that anymore.

I felt friendship, love, trust, nurturing, and now I feel hate, anger and rage.

Hate, anger, and rage, towards someone whom I don't even know, someone who killed my friend, for reasons unknown to me.

It is sad when you hear someone was murdered, but when you find out it was someone who was once so close to you, the news becomes poignant.

To whomever felt it was necessary, I hope you get what is coming to you.

Brian

"PHONICS!!!!!!!!!!"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee