Orlando Man's Death Leaves Two Dogs Without A Home

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
ORLANDO, Fla. -- They were an Orlando man's best friends, but when Joe Delgado died over the weekend, there was nobody left to take care of his dogs, but one neighbor is determined to find them a good home.

We want to make sure we can prescreen whoever gets them, because we know how much Joe loved them and he would want only the best for these dogs," Ian said. "This is the least I could do for Joe, the absolute least I could do."

If you would like more information about adopting the dogs, contact
http://www.wftv.com/news/10754308/detail.html

What a kind hearted nieghbour this man is.
I hope the little dogs find a good home

A good neighbor indeed! I'm hoping they get a good home, espcially Waldo. What a great friend to have for 17 years. He would not deserve to be dumped in a pound.

How lovely that the man's neighbor is helping this way. Thank you for posting this thread Beyond Belief. It is good to read this after thinking about and posting on other rather tough threads. We all need to hear these warm fuzzy things our fellow humans do for our creatures and for one another. Thank you again.

Lion

The dogs look so sweet. I sure hope they get a good home and can stay together. What a good friend the neighbor turned out to be.

I'm telling you, I always worry about this with my pets. I'm not a gloom and doom person, but I always worry about my dog and my kitties. Not many people would take in my 100lb Labbie and it breaks my heart. Very nice and kind neighbor :) I hope these doggies have some luck.

Don't laugh, but when my husband and I did our wills and living wills a few years back we made provisions for our dog and 2 bunnies. We stated who the dog would go to and who the bunnies would go to and set aside money for their care. We also put the information in there for the vet in case the persons listed had passed before us. The last thing we want is for Animal Control to take our pets and decide what to do with them.

curious1 said:
Don't laugh, but when my husband and I did our wills and living wills a few years back we made provisions for our dog and 2 bunnies. We stated who the dog would go to and who the bunnies would go to and set aside money for their care. We also put the information in there for the vet in case the persons listed had passed before us. The last thing we want is for Animal Control to take our pets and decide what to do with them.
Very thoughtful. I got my Dane Apache from the pound because his owner had died. He had no immediate family, and the out of state relatives would not claim the dog. He stayed in the pound over 4 weeks before he could be released for adoption because they had to have the deceased's family sign papers they did not want him. Poor pup was so traumatized being in a cage after being in the home with his dead owner for 6 days before they were found. I called every day to check on his status and finally it had to go to the city attorney to decide if Apache would be released because no paperwork was returned. The relatives didn't even inquire what happened to his dog when they were here to make funeral arrangements.

Poor pup pup. We have close friends who have agreed to take our dog and we have spoken with our vet about the bunnies. The thought of Animal Control deciding what would happen to our fur babies just terrified me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back