703 users online (130 members and 573 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Castro reportedly in 'grave' condition

Ailing Cuban leader Fidel Castro has had at least three failed operations and complications from an intestinal infection and faces "a very grave prognosis," a Spanish newspaper reported Tuesday.

A Cuban diplomat in Madrid said the reports were lies and declined to comment.

"It's another lie and we are not going to talk about it. If anyone has to talk about Castro's illness it's Havana," the diplomat said, speaking on condition of anonymity because of official policy.

The newspaper El Pais cited two unnamed sources from the Gregorio Maranon hospital in the Spanish capital of Madrid. The facility employs surgeon Jose Luis Garcia Sabrido, who flew to Cuba in December to treat the 80-year-old Castro.

In a report published on its Web site, El Pais said: "A grave infection in the large intestine, at least three failed operations and various complications have left the Cuban dictator, Fidel Castro, laid up with a very grave prognosis."

Cuba has released little information on Castro's condition since he temporarily ceded power in July to his brother, Defense Minister Raul Castro, until he could recover from emergency intestinal surgery, prompting much speculation and rumor in the country and around the world.

El Pais' report, which could not immediately be confirmed, was a rare detailed description from a major media outlet about Castro's condition.

The U.S. government had speculated that Castro could suffer from cancer — a supposition denied by Sabrido. Some U.S. doctors believed Castro was suffering from diverticular disease, which can cause bleeding in the lower intestine, especially in people over 60. In severe cases, emergency surgery may be required.

That idea was supported by El Pais, which reported that its sources said Castro had suffered a bout of the disease.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070116/...stro&printer=1

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    Ailing Cuban leader Fidel Castro has had at least three failed operations and complications from an intestinal infection and faces "a very grave prognosis," a Spanish newspaper reported Tuesday.

A Cuban diplomat in Madrid said the reports were lies and declined to comment.

"It's another lie and we are not going to talk about it. If anyone has to talk about Castro's illness it's Havana," the diplomat said, speaking on condition of anonymity because of official policy.

The newspaper El Pais cited two unnamed sources from the Gregorio Maranon hospital in the Spanish capital of Madrid. The facility employs surgeon Jose Luis Garcia Sabrido, who flew to Cuba in December to treat the 80-year-old Castro.

In a report published on its Web site, El Pais said: "A grave infection in the large intestine, at least three failed operations and various complications have left the Cuban dictator, Fidel Castro, laid up with a very grave prognosis."

Cuba has released little information on Castro's condition since he temporarily ceded power in July to his brother, Defense Minister Raul Castro, until he could recover from emergency intestinal surgery, prompting much speculation and rumor in the country and around the world.

El Pais' report, which could not immediately be confirmed, was a rare detailed description from a major media outlet about Castro's condition.

The U.S. government had speculated that Castro could suffer from cancer — a supposition denied by Sabrido. Some U.S. doctors believed Castro was suffering from diverticular disease, which can cause bleeding in the lower intestine, especially in people over 60. In severe cases, emergency surgery may be required.

That idea was supported by El Pais, which reported that its sources said Castro had suffered a bout of the disease.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070116/...stro&printer=1

It will be interesting to see what happens to Cuba after Castro passes... My college Spanish teacher was from Cuba and told us really interesting stories about living in Cuba and the government. I'm sure most there are used to the politics but it's an awful way to live.

Castro's guts are rotting...true justice.

ok, sorry 'bout that...couldn't help myself.
    "Life ain't hard, just get a job and don't kill anybody." by richandfamous

"Even my moderation is excessive." by richandfamous

Not quite the "GRAVE" condition I hoped for but it looks like he will meet his maker sooner rather than later. I am okay with a little suffering before his eartly departure to eternal suffering.

Cal

Quote Originally Posted by richandfamous

Hey, rich!!! Don't be sorry it's true.

To be honest, I've only heard a few things here and there about Castro's succession. Won't it be his brother, who's supposedly more of a jerk than Fidel is? Someone clue me in please!
    Please read up on the murder of Dr. David Cornbleet here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45720

Quote Originally Posted by Melisinde
    To be honest, I've only heard a few things here and there about Castro's succession. Won't it be his brother, who's supposedly more of a jerk than Fidel is? Someone clue me in please!
    That's what has been said about Raul.

I was going to post the exact same thing!!
    My husbands father worked for Batisto so needless to say, he had to flee once Castro took over.
    It should be questioned exactly why the US permits Castro to be in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    It should be questioned exactly why the US permits Castro to be in charge.

Amra, I'm not sure what you mean by this. Help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Amra, I'm not sure what you mean by this. Help.
    Maybe it's because Bush is not the son of Kennedy, therefore doesn't need to finish the war against Cuba started by the Bay of Pigs, like the war in Iraq needed to be finished on behalf of George Sr.? I dunno.
    Please read up on the murder of Dr. David Cornbleet here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45720

Maybe it's because Bush is not the son of Kennedy, therefore doesn't need to finish the war against Cuba started by the Bay of Pigs, like the war in Iraq needed to be finished on behalf of George Sr.? I dunno.
    I don't find that funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I don't find that funny.
    Sorry, Jeana. No harm meant.

Well, using your logic, wouldn't Ted's kids have to go drown a bunch of women while pacing on the bridge worrying how to save their political career?

On that note, I wonder how much Mary Jo's family was paid to just let it go?

Cal

Quote Originally Posted by calus_3
    Well, using your logic, wouldn't Ted's kids have to go drown a bunch of women while pacing on the bridge worrying how to save their political career?

On that note, I wonder how much Mary Jo's family was paid to just let it go?

Cal
    ouch lol
    "Life ain't hard, just get a job and don't kill anybody." by richandfamous

"Even my moderation is excessive." by richandfamous

ouch lol
    Yup, keepin' my mouth shut. LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast