Runaway, 9, Sneaks on Flight to Texas

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
LAKEWOOD, Wash. (AP) -- A 9-year-old boy with a history of stealing cars and running away sneaked onto a plane bound for Texas, getting caught after flubbing an airport connection, officials said.

Semaj Booker apparently found a Southwest Airlines boarding card and made it through airport security Tuesday, hopping two separate flights but landing in San Antonio, Texas - short of his Dallas destination, police said.

"The only thing I have to offer on that is that were looking into it," Southwest spokeswoman Beth Harbin said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AIRLINE_RUNAWAY?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

to get "home" to Texas and grandpa. 3 episodes of car theft...with mom saying not to bring him home after the second time. Wonder if he'd been in trouble before the family moved? If he doesn't have a history of this type of behavior, he has my sympathy. Even though I wanted to get "home" to Texas many times, I didn't have the gumption to go this far. All I did was whine.

"Booker said her son dislikes the neighborhood where the family lives and is afraid of a sex offender who lives nearby."

That is a good reason to want to runaway.

Holy moly! This kid is just 9 yrs old and has also stolen 3 cars, driving one over 90mph running from the police!!! Obviously this kid is extremely smart. They should let him live with his grandparents. Maybe the grandparents can straoghteen him out.

There is much more to this story. That kid is desparate to get away. I ask myself, from what?

The first thing I thought of was where the heck is our airport security?!?

Holy cripe. They're taking fingernail clippers away from people, and this kid is sneaking onto planes?
doh.gif

IrishMist said:
The first thing I thought of was where the heck is our airport security?!?

Holy cripe. They're taking fingernail clippers away from people, and this kid is sneaking onto planes?
doh.gif

They probably didn't think anyone would actually try to sneak INTO Texas!

:ducks head:

Nova said:

Oooh... Jeana's gonna get you...

ETA: I just noticed that the mod for this forum is none other than... wait for it...

Texas 1.

I'm just gonna sit here and watch.
angel.gif

Poor, poor Nova.

When I heard about that, I was floored... how in the world did he get past security when TSA has an officer, as you get in line for security, check your ID to your boarding pass. (At least they do in the 3 major airports of the DC area.)

9 yrs. old... wow... kids seem to grow up so fast, in this day and time.

Nova said:

I agree. I'd like to get out of Texas. I hope someone thoroughly checks out why this little boy is so afraid and wants to get away this much.

Nova said:

Had I been drinking any type of beverage, it would have been spewed all over my monitor. That was FUNNY!

Poor little guy. I hope that they get to the root of theh real problem. :confused:

I hope he gets help. He sounds like a very smart, resourceful kid. Imagine what he could do with his life if he turned himself around.

Anybody notice that his name is James spelled backwards?

Hey, my husband just said, "Oh, no. Now they'll ban kids from flights now because if kids can get on without questions, maybe terrorists will just start sending children through!"

Mr. E said:
I hope he gets help. He sounds like a very smart, resourceful kid. Imagine what he could do with his life if he turned himself around.

Anybody notice that his name is James spelled backwards?

Hey, my husband just said, "Oh, no. Now they'll ban kids from flights now because if kids can get on without questions, maybe terrorists will just start sending children through!"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nova said:

Nova, you do know that Texas has the death penalty don't you? :eek:

jubie said:
Nova, you do know that Texas has the death penalty don't you? :eek:

I follow the "Thelma and Louise" plan: always go around Texas, no matter how far you have to drive. Movies are so educational!

If he is so afraid of this sex offender, maybe he reason to be. I hope that this is checked into, 9 is so young to be going to such extreme measures to get away.

Boy who hopped 2 flights last year tries it again
SEATAC, Wash. (AP) — A 10-year-old boy who last year talked his way onto airline flights to Texas tried another getaway Tuesday but was stopped at a boarding gate, authorities said.
Security tapes show Semaj Booker passing through a metal detector and other procedures before 5 a.m. at a checkpoint operated by the Transportation Security Administration at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. His mother had reported him missing to Tacoma police at 3 a.m
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gPaODDQfXAW3G72-gRYw2VTbc_VwD90UB4QO5

Thanks for the update. I can't get to the original article...link takes me to the current.

One would hope this matter has been looked-into extensively by now.

The 'sex offender' line may be a fib...perhaps not.

I agree with those above who posted about his resourcefulness and how it could be channeled more positively.

More to this story than we are getting...agree on that too.

Thanks for the update. I can't get to the original article...link takes me to the current.

One would hope this matter has been looked-into extensively by now.

The 'sex offender' line may be a fib...perhaps not.

I agree with those above who posted about his resourcefulness and how it could be channeled more positively.

More to this story than we are getting...agree on that too.
Oh! I didn't even think about the original article.

It must be getting late or I need new glasses perhaps both !!
I thought thread said "Runaway 9 snakes on flight to TX" LOL I thinking Wow it's like life imatates art...

Anyway I too wonder what this kid is running from?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back