1310 users online (272 members and 1038 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Cop Disciplined For Being Nice Guy

Cop uses patrol car to pull homeless woman's shopping cart

Homeless advocates are praising the police officer for using his patrol car to pull a shopping cart full of a homeless woman's possessions for miles while taking her to jail. But the cop's boss says what he did was "dangerous." The officer is assigned to desk duty while the shopping car incident is being reviewed. (Bradenton Herald)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seems as if they're ready to decorate them and/or NOT discipline them when they kill someone but, let one do something nice for someone and, it seems to be against the code.
    Then the chief says that the people who commented positively are misguided.
    Last edited by RUNDAWAY; 01-18-2007 at 02:14 PM. Reason: misspelling
    One body/several personalities

I think what the officer did was stupid and dangerous. I can't imagine how he even managed to hang on to that cart while driving for 12 miles at speeds up to 65 mph. If he'd lost his grip it could have caused a very serious accident.

I have no doubt that this same officer, if he saw someone else pull the same stunt, would pull them over and probably issue a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    I think what the officer did was stupid and dangerous. I can't imagine how he even managed to hang on to that cart while driving for 12 miles at speeds up to 65 mph. If he'd lost his grip it could have caused a very serious accident.

I have no doubt that this same officer, if he saw someone else pull the same stunt, would pull them over and probably issue a ticket.
    I agree, Mabel...and he did it twice!
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Good hearted, absolutely. Dumb as a lark? Certainly.

Have you ever seen what happens when you get a car up to 30+ mph and let it go? I have, let me tell you it isn't pretty.....for anyone around the cart itself. It could kill someone.

He should be reprimanded for doing it.

The cart was stolen, to begin with. If he wanted to preserve the lady's things, he could have unloaded the cart and put the belongings in his trunk.

Cal

Although I agree it probably wasn't the best thing to do, I don't think they were saying he was driving up to 65mph,I think they were saying he was driving on roads with speed limits up to 65mph.