Cop Disciplined For Being Nice Guy

RUNDAWAY

Reaction score
Cop uses patrol car to pull homeless woman's shopping cart

Homeless advocates are praising the police officer for using his patrol car to pull a shopping cart full of a homeless woman's possessions for miles while taking her to jail. But the cop's boss says what he did was "dangerous." The officer is assigned to desk duty while the shopping car incident is being reviewed. (Bradenton Herald)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seems as if they're ready to decorate them and/or NOT discipline them when they kill someone but, let one do something nice for someone and, it seems to be against the code.
Then the chief says that the people who commented positively are misguided.:waitasec:

I think what the officer did was stupid and dangerous. I can't imagine how he even managed to hang on to that cart while driving for 12 miles at speeds up to 65 mph. If he'd lost his grip it could have caused a very serious accident.

I have no doubt that this same officer, if he saw someone else pull the same stunt, would pull them over and probably issue a ticket.

Mabel said:
I think what the officer did was stupid and dangerous. I can't imagine how he even managed to hang on to that cart while driving for 12 miles at speeds up to 65 mph. If he'd lost his grip it could have caused a very serious accident.

I have no doubt that this same officer, if he saw someone else pull the same stunt, would pull them over and probably issue a ticket.
I agree, Mabel...and he did it twice! :doh:

Good hearted, absolutely. Dumb as a lark? Certainly.

Have you ever seen what happens when you get a car up to 30+ mph and let it go? I have, let me tell you it isn't pretty.....for anyone around the cart itself. It could kill someone.

He should be reprimanded for doing it.

The cart was stolen, to begin with. If he wanted to preserve the lady's things, he could have unloaded the cart and put the belongings in his trunk.

Cal

Although I agree it probably wasn't the best thing to do, I don't think they were saying he was driving up to 65mph,I think they were saying he was driving on roads with speed limits up to 65mph.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back