O'Reilly is on and ABC The View was attacking his statements

He would almost have to!

WindChime said:
I seems he's back tracking now.
yeah there's a shocker.. Jacka## maybe it will finally sink in.. personally I think he is beyond hope.

Impossible to backtrack from the video and transcript of what he actually said.

His attitude about Shawn Horbeck's captivity might reflect his attitude about the sexual harrassment charges brought against him by Andrea Mackris. (He settled out of court, but accused her of trying to shake him down rather than admitting his sexual harrassment of her)

O'Reilly is a pathetic man, IMO.

Link

Shawn Hornbeck's parents say they may never know the full story as to why their son Shawn never attempted to contact them or to escape during the more than four years he lived with the man police say abducted him in 2002. But they said comments by Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly that the boy may have enjoyed living with Michael Devlin more than his family had infuriated the couple.

"Can you really be that simple-minded?" Shawn's stepfather, Craig Akers, said in an interview with TIME late Thursday evening. "Our son was 11 when he was abducted. A child that age can be mentally manipulated in a very short time. Hearing him say what he said absolutely infuriates me. I can hardly even express how mad it makes me to hear that."

Maral said:
O'Reilly is a pathetic man, IMO.

I believe he is mentally unbalanced. But like a lot of people in show business (perhaps including myself), he's found a way to make his insanity pay.

Nova said:
I believe he is mentally unbalanced. But like a lot of people in show business (perhaps including myself), he's found a way to make his insanity pay.
Did you see him and Colbert last night, Nova? DH has recorded it for me but I haven't watched yet.

southcitymom said:
Did you see him and Colbert last night, Nova? DH has recorded it for me but I haven't watched yet.

Oh, no! I didn't know when it would be on. Please, please report after you watch it.

ETA: Was that on Colbert's show? If so, they rerun that tonight at 8:30.

It's one thing for BOR to make a living by spouting off, but what he's done to Shawn has hurt and affected this child who has already been victimized enough!! I am going to contact every one of his advertisers and let them know just why I will be boycotting them. BOR is a bully and enough is enough!

VB

Nova said:
Oh, no! I didn't know when it would be on. Please, please report after you watch it.

ETA: Was that on Colbert's show? If so, they rerun that tonight at 8:30.
Yes - it's O'Reilly v. Colbert! You must watch. I will get around to it this weekend sometime.

Here ya go, Nova:

Colbert, O'Reilly Face Off on Both Shows
By JAKE COYLE
AP Entertainment Writer

NEW YORK (AP) -- Parody met its inspiration Thursday when Stephen Colbert and Bill O'Reilly traded guest appearances on each other's shows in an exchange that Colbert called "a meeting of the guts."

Colbert has molded his tough-talking, America-defending persona as host of the satirical "Colbert Report" largely on the Fox News pundit. On his Comedy Central program, Colbert has often spoken reverently of O'Reilly - or as he affectionately calls him, "Papa Bear." --->>

Once inside Colbert's studio - decorated for the occasion with a large "Mission Accomplished" banner and a portrait of O'Reilly placed fireside - O'Reilly seemed to be regretting the decision.

"This was a huge mistake, me coming on here," he muttered.

It may have been a greater error allowing Colbert into the Fox News headquarters, located near the "Colbert Report" studios in Manhattan. There, Colbert smuggled a microwave out of the green room, a bounty which he proudly displayed at the conclusion of his show.

A spokesman for Fox News confirmed that Colbert stole the microwave, but said it was all in good fun.

Appearing in the "No Spin Zone" of "The O'Reilly Factor," Colbert remained in character - though it wasn't always easy to tell.

"Who are you? Are you Colbert or Colbert?" prodded O'Reilly, pronouncing the "T" in one case, leaving it silent in the other (as Colbert does on his program).

"Bill, I'm whoever you want me to be," answered the comedian.
--->>

more at http://www.wrex.com/News/index.php?ID=14698

LovelyPigeon said:
Here ya go, Nova:

Thank you very much. Is it too early to go home and wait for the repeat? (My boss would probably say yes.)

I think BOR is within bounds to question why Shawn didn't reach out to somebody in the 4+ years he was being held captive. This is a question I think most of us are asking, if not outloud, then to ourselves. It is a question, which I feel is important for us as parents and citizens to try and gain an understanding of, in order to learn what to watch for in the future and what to be aware of. However, it is going Way Too Far, imo, to suggest the poor boy enjoyed his circumstances. It is an obsurd statement, that should never have been brought up! What child would enjoy the kind of abuse and torture he surely must have endured at the hands of that sicko Devlin? I seriously doubt most kids would think it a fair trade, to gain freedom in exchange for their innocense and dignity. A truly moronic statement if I ever heard one. Shame on BOR!!

CS, I was about to ask if you had heard BOR on this subject, but then I read the rest of your post.

O'Reilly didn't just raise the question (which I agree is a fair one), he sneered at the very suggestion that Shawn might have wanted to return home all along. His evidence? Shawn has a piercing.

His evidence? Shawn has a piercing.

Does he even know how asinine that "evidence" appears? Shawn had a piercing before he was kidnapped. His missing posters clearly showed a pierced left ear.

LovelyPigeon said:
Does he even know how asinine that "evidence" appears? Shawn had a piercing before he was kidnapped. His missing posters clearly showed a pierced left ear.

I seriously doubt O'Reilly thinks much about what he says. So, no, he probably doesn't know.

BOR appears to be backtracking, white washing, and dancing around his true, ridiculous ideas about Shawn's captivity. That furthers my disdain for the man. Had he come out publicly, given a sincere apology to Shawn, his family and all others who were ever in that situation, and also admitted he was wrong and ill informed I may have been more accepting. But, he did none of that and probably never will. I don't think it is in BOR's nature to admit wrongness and to apologize and change his views.

He also says that far left wing web site contributors are responsible for much of the outcry. Bull compost. People with compassion, understanding, and insight are the ones responsible for defending Shawn.

Lion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back