843 users online (125 members and 718 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OK - Marissa Graham, 10, Texhoma, Jan 2007

Amber Alert for Marissa Graham, age 10, from Texhoma, OK. Last seen talking to a man in a white Chevy Cavalier last night on her street. Per Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,244860,00.html
    Last edited by englishleigh; 01-19-2007 at 10:28 AM. Reason: mispelled name of town

I hope shes ok. Im just glad the neighbor saw the car thats suspected in her disappearance. They can check out all the Cavaliers that are registered in the county. Hopefully the perv is from that county.
    Why do people want to hurt kids? I just dont get it.

The weather in her area is not good right now. They are getting some of that ice storm that has been plaguing Texas.

Here's a better photo of her:

http://www.texhomaisd.net/

Another photo (scroll down to 2nd picture): http://www.texhomaisd.net/classes67/fourth67.html

This is a tiny town. Pop. 935 according to 2000 census.

Prayers for Marissa

http://www.texhomaisd.net/texhoma.htm

If you have seen her or know of her where abouts
    Please Contact Authorities
    at 580 423 7771 or 806 366 5551

MaryBelle
    Missouri

I can't believe this. What a beautiful child.

Did you see the words karate under the photo? I hope she knows enough to knock the ***** out of this guy.
    A place this small, surround it and search house by house. NOW.

There are expressways near or running through Texhoma. Liberal, KS is only 62 miles away. The town is right on the state line between TX and OK.

There are interstates there, or near there, too.

I don't see how karate can help her -- she's much smaller and not as strong as an adult male.

Weekend weather: highs 31-36, lows 17-22, snow beginning this afternoon, forecast for Sat, 2"-4".

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recre...opnav_outdoors

The town itself only has 2 offenders. One is too old for the description.

The Texas County Sheriff's office in Oklahoma and the state of Oklahoma has issued an Amber Alert on January 19, 2007 after the girl was seen taken from 315 North Third Street in Texhoma.

Marissa Marie Graham, 10 years of age. She's a white female, redish/blonde hair, and blue eyes. She's approximately 4 feet tall, 60 pounds. She was last seen wearing a pink hooded jacket and blue jeans.

A witness saw a white male in the area. He was driving a small white car (possible Cavalier). The witness, who left the area and came back 10-15 minutes later, saw the car driving off at that time. There is no make or vehicle license plate information at this time.
    http://codeamber.org/grahamok/

Here's a link to the registry for Texhoma:

http://docapp8.doc.state.ok.us/servl...te=30658#begin

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    The town itself only has 2 offenders. One is too old for the description.
    There are a lot more of them in Texas County, OK (I found 10 or 11 possibilities):

http://docapp8.doc.state.ok.us/servl...ty=Texas#begin

One good thing about this is that the way she looks is original. You know what I mean? She would stand out in a crowd.. she isnt your typical looking blonde hair blue eyed child and that very well might help tremendously here. Oh I hope they find the little cutie safe and soon. She just looks so innocent.

Not much info out there on this one. Where are the interviews with the family and friends? How soon was she reported missing after the witness saw the car? Who was the witness? Did the car have Oklahoma plates?

This happened within short driving distance of Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, and Kansas. If the perp has half a brain, he is no longer in Oklahoma and probably isn't from there either.

She reminds me very much of my own 10 yr. old daughter. I hope Marissa is a fighter! My sweet little girl is pretty tough...you don't want to be within kicking range when she throws a fit!

Lord, give Marissa the strength and courage to escape and get help!

Susan

I have a 10-yr-old son with blue eyes & freckles like Marissa's. He is home today sick and saw this on the news with me. It was a great time for a "see what can happen, she's just your age" lesson about how we never approach cars with strangers inside, and a thankful chance to hold him close. He is anxious that they find Marissa and is praying with me.

Lord, we're all praying hard for a happy ending here!!!!

Looks like it'll be a hard place to search

Texhoma is located in the Panhandle region of Oklahoma in Texas County about 20 miles southwest of Guymon along U.S. Highway 54 and SR 95 nearly abutting the Texas state line. The Beaver River enters the state from Texas about 5 miles west of town. Other significant water-based recreation can be found at Optima Lake and the Optima National Wildlife Refuge which are located about 15 miles east of Guymon.

Guymon is located in the Panhandle region in Texas County (of which it is the county seat) west of Beaver along U.S. Highway 54 and SR 136 just south of the Beaver River. Optima Lake and Optima National Wildlife Refuge are located about 20 miles to the east.

Area attractions include the 192-acre Guymon Game Reserve where a prairie dog village takes center stage. Buffalo, elk and longhorn cattle can be viewed, as well. Cozy Sunset Lake in Thompson Park offers anglers catfishing with rainbow trout in season from November to April (permits required).

A little more information

The Texas County Sheriff's office in Oklahoma and the state of Oklahoma has issued an Amber Alert on January 19, 2007 after the girl was seen taken from 315 North Third Street in Texhoma. She was last seen wearing a pink hooded jacket and blue jeans.

Marissa Marie Graham, 10 years of age. She's a white female, redish/blonde hair, and blue eyes. She's approximately 4 feet tall, 60 pounds.

A witness saw a white male in the area. He was driving a small white car (possible Cavalier). The witness, who left the area and came back 10-15 minutes later, saw the car driving off at that time. There is no make or vehicle license plate information at this time.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Texas County Sheriff's Office at 580-338-4000 or dial 911.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast