Seaching for Anna - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annasmom said:
Doogie, are they going to lock Part One so that people don't go on posting there?
I will have to look into that. I'll see what I can do.

Todd (who did the Missing Pieces show with Doogie) sent these statistics on missing persons for our information.

Please pass along this message to whomever
might have a need for this information. Specific
state statistics are available upon request.
NCIC Statistics - derived from stats provided by
the FBI-NCIC for media relations -- USA & Canada

~ UPDATED ~

According to the FBI-NCIC there are (approximately) Current as of the December 31, 2006 indexing 110,484 Missing Persons listed in their system. Children and adult. (Up from last months total of 109,592 )

There are (approximately) 6,208 Unidentified Persons listed their system. Children and adult.
(Up from last month's total of 6,205)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of 1-30-06
Of the 108, 949 missing...only 1,435 of them are Canadian numbers.

Of the 5,972 unidentified...only 50 of them are Canadian numbers.
The rest are USA and its territories.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most Missing City:
as of 12-31-06
Washington DC has more missing persons than any other city (listed with the NCIC) with
4,042 missing persons. (Up from last month's total of 3,963)

Most Unidentified City:
as of 12-31-06 New York City has more unidentified persons than any other city (listed with the NCIC) with 399 unidentified persons (Down from last month's total of 402)

The numbers fluctuate due to newly entered cases and removal of resolved cases.
Often cases are often purged and / or expire.

For additional information:
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/missingpersons.htm

Gender specifics - as of August 2005 -

1,474 active unidentified female entries,
4,264 active unidentified male entries
and 213 active unidentified unknown sex entries.

A spike/ drop in numbers does not necessarily mean an increase in missing and unidentified; it can means that more cases are being entered/ removed into the system.

Older cases are often added to the NCIC years after the actual event initially took place.

DoeNetwork Updates:
www.DoeNetwork.us/update.html
NAMPN Updates:
www.nampn.doenetwork.us/updates.html

Updates courtesy of & posted monthly at -
www.TheLostAndTheFound.com
and / or
www.LFGRC.org

(State specific information available upon request.)

We promote many great volunteer / professional organizations listed on the Lost & Found. Please visit to find someone out there who can be of help for your own missing / unidentified persons cases.

The NCIC statistics reflect the USA, Canada and their territories.

Some experts feel that these are only 10-50% of the actual numbers as not all cases are / were reported to the NCIC by law enforcement. We hope to encourage more agencies to take full advantage of this available resource. We hope to see a retroactive approach to the submission process as well.

There are many cases that are not yet listed with the NCIC. Missing-person experts estimate that the bodies of 40,000 to 50,000 unidentified men, women and children were found by police during the past 50 years.

For the family members of the missing, it is imperative that they properly report and request that their loved one's case is indeed listed in the NCIC. The law enforcement agency in charge are the only ones that can submit the case to the NCIC.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The International Homicide Investigators Association estimates there are more than 40,000
unidentified dead nationally. (USA)
_____________________________________________ ____________________________

Important Tips for family members of the lost from the Outpost For Hope :
http://www.outpostforhope.org/missing_loved_ones/checklist.htm

____________________________________________________________________________________

www.ColdCasesGroup.com

YOU can help! Feel free to join the 2,000 + members at the 8 year old COLDCASES discussion group on Yahoo Groups: www.ColdCasesGroup.com

PROJECT EDAN
Everyone Deserves A Name Changing the faces of the
missing & unidentified Any evidence or information discovered during reconstruction
process will be directly reported to the law enforcement agency.

www.ProjectEDAN.us
Forensic & Age Progression
Art Service -

FREE to Law Enforcement &
approved non profit organizations.

Sketches Express The Softer Side Of The Missing Women
http://missingpeople.net/sketches_express_softer_side_of.htm

'Everyone Deserves A Name' is truth seeker's creed
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060221/NEWS03/602210338

Todd Matthews
JTMatthews@Twlakes.Net
www.TentGirl.com
Director ~ www.ProjectEDAN.us &
www.TheLostAndTheFound.com
Media Director / Board ~
www.DoeNetwork.us
www.OutpostForHope.org
www.FourTheKids.org
www.NYmissing.com
Member ~ www.TheIAI.org
www.NomisProject.com
Host ~ www.MissingPieces.info
931-397-3893
www.FourTheKids.org

Where about on the road did the carpenter friend stop to look at horses when he saw a van with 2 men driving west. Was the carpenter east of the ranch or west of the ranch?

attachment.php

SherlockJr said:
Where about on the road did the carpenter friend stop to look at horses when he saw a van with 2 men driving west. Was the carpenter east of the ranch or west of the ranch?

attachment.php
He would have been coming from the Coast Highway, which would put him west of the ranch.

Annasmom said:
He would have been coming from the Coast Highway, which would put him west of the ranch.
Does it make sense that after the van passed the carpenter on the road that they would turn around heading east now and take Anna if she happened to go up to the road to check the mail? Or that it's possible they found a spot west of the ranch to pull over, walk thru woods near creek and take Anna from the backyard?

SherlockJr said:
Does it make sense that after the van passed the carpenter on the road that they would turn around heading east now and take Anna if she happened to go up to the road to check the mail? Or that it's possible they found a spot west of the ranch to pull over, walk thru woods near creek and take Anna from the backyard?
Sherlock, we have always thought that whoever took Anna watched the farm from Higgins/Purisima Road (where Doogie took the pictures), drove down when they saw her in the yard, picked her up on the road when she went to check the mail, and then continued west toward the Coast Highway (Highway One).

SherlockJr said:
I thought the carpenter reported he saw Anna in the yard when he arrived???
Oh, duh, you're right. I wasn't thinking. He said he greeted her at the front yard, which is why we thought she was going to check the mail (because there wasn't anything else to do in front of the house, so no other reason for her to be there.)

Annasmom-I was thinking of the story Annasbro told of him and Anna walking on some road when the woman asked Anna to get in the car. Was that Purisima road ? Or was it some dirt 'back road'? (I cant remember.) Do you think Anna would have walked there by herself the day she disappeared?

It was Purisima Rd. and it was about 1/3 of a mile east of our house heading to the back of the canyon

GraceBlue said:
Annasmom-I was thinking of the story Annasbro told of him and Anna walking on some road when the woman asked Anna to get in the car. Was that Purisima road ? Or was it some dirt 'back road'? (I cant remember.) Do you think Anna would have walked there by herself the day she disappeared?
This was Purisima Creek Road, the paved county road which ran east and west of our house. The mailboxes were on this road, but were not visible from our living room, since the house was below the level of the road. Anna may have gone up to the road to check the mailbox (remember, a friend said he greeted her at the front door), but it is unlikely that she would have walked farther down the road by herself (there was nothing to see down that way), and even if she had, there were many searchers, Sheriff's men, etc., parked and walking along that road within the hour.

Please post any specific questions for Annasmom or any messages directed to individual posters here (unless they relate specifically to one of the already established threads, then post them into the appropraite thread.). The reason for this is that if we start new threads on "micro-topics", the number of threads will make the forum very difficult to follow.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation! :)

This is something that was discussed on the original thread for Anna, but may not be known by most here, so I want to repeat this information:

This case has no known tie-in to the Zodiac case.

There are a few coincidences that created interest (listed and evaluated below):

* An early suspect in the case was named George Waters (this fact is prominently mentioned in the new Zodiac movie and is why I am posting this info). This GW was a bartender in Vallejo, not a doctor in San Francisco and is not the same man.

* It is believed by some that Zodiac victim Darlene Ferrin knew the Zodiac and that he had stalked her in her job as a waitress at various coffee shops in Vallejo. Waters and Brody were known to frequent coffee shops and Brody often believed that the waitresses were sexually/romantically interested in him. However, there has never been any evidence that Brody or Walters frequented the Vallejo area. (When Brody travelled to his banks in the East Bay, he usually travelled by the BART light-rail system, which does not go to Vallejo.)

* Darlene Ferrin did live for awhile one-half block away from where Brody lived on Sutter Street at the same time for a brief period. However, I have never found any evidence that she worked at any coffee shops in SF where the two Georges seemed to frequent.

* Murdered cabbie Paul Stine picked up the Zodiac on Geary Street about two blocks from the hotel that GB and GW lived. Brody does somewhat resemble the police sketch of the Zodiac (see attached pics below) but not the physical description. Brody is too small and too old. Waters was too tall and too thin.

* The Zodiac murders started about the same time as Waters and Annasmom seperated and Waters fell further under the spell of Brody. However, the murders started in December 1968, while the final seperation occured in early 1969.

Attachments

• BrodyPortrait1Web.jpg
    BrodyPortrait1Web.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 622
  • zodiac_blog_2100x147.jpg
    zodiac_blog_2100x147.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 552
Dr. Doogie said:
This is something that was discussed on the original thread for Anna, but may not be known by most here, so I want to repeat this information:

This case has no known tie-in to the Zodiac case.

There are a few coincidences that created interest (listed and evaluated below):

* An early suspect in the case was named George Waters (this fact is prominently mentioned in the new Zodiac movie and is why I am posting this info). This GW was a bartender in Vallejo, not a doctor in San Francisco and is not the same man.

* It is believed by some that Zodiac victim Darlene Ferrin knew the Zodiac and that he had stalked her in her job as a waitress at various coffee shops in Vallejo. Waters and Brody were known to frequent coffee shops and Brody often believed that the waitresses were sexually/romantically interested in him. However, there has never been any evidence that Brody or Walters frequented the Vallejo area. (When Brody travelled to his banks in the East Bay, he usually travelled by the BART light-rail system, which does not go to Vallejo.)

* Darlene Ferrin did live for awhile one-half block away from where Brody lived on Sutter Street at the same time for a brief period. However, I have never found any evidence that she worked at any coffee shops in SF where the two Georges seemed to frequent.

* Murdered cabbie Paul Stine picked up the Zodiac on Geary Street about two blocks from the hotel that GB and GW lived. Brody does somewhat resemble the police sketch of the Zodiac (see attached pics below) but not the physical description. Brody is too small and too old. Waters was too tall and too thin.

* The Zodiac murders started about the same time as Waters and Annasmom seperated and Waters fell further under the spell of Brody. However, the murders started in December 1968, while the final seperation occured in early 1969.

i just noticed something and im not sure if it was brought up before but when i pulled up the picture that you had listed of gb and the zodiac i saw something on the gb picture it says under the picture Marguerite kilroy san fransisco is that a person gb knew or was that the name of the stuido he had the picture done at?
i was looking at some old photos of my mom when she was a about 4 or 5 in the late 50s and on the picture photo holder it listed the studio that the photo was taken at

smile22 said:
i just noticed something and im not sure if it was brought up before but when i pulled up the picture that you had listed of gb and the zodiac i saw something on the gb picture it says under the picture Marguerite kilroy san fransisco is that a person gb knew or was that the name of the stuido he had the picture done at?
i was looking at some old photos of my mom when she was a about 4 or 5 in the late 50s and on the picture photo holder it listed the studio that the photo was taken at
Smile, I looked thru California business listings a long time ago and found no photography studio registered with the state. Kyresearcher I believe found some Kilroy names that may be associated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinkfloyd44!