Isn't It Time To Stop These Con Artists?

The odd time I have watched Montel, but since he puts so much "faith" in Sylvia Brown, I have lost all inclination to watch his show.

Sylvia Brown is a Scam artist, a con who preys on people who are in dire straits and are vulnerable.

Now she is being shown as the scam artist that she really is........

She has no insight into psychic powers, let alone herself.

Can you imagine if Shawn's mother in her desperate bid to find her son, did pay her 1400 an hour to find him, when he was alive, and not buried where she said he was.

She just exploits people's heartache and misery and their desperation to find answers to where their loved ones are and or what happened to them.

I think those psychic defective shows on ctv, etc are a bunch of garbage also.

One of the differences is that the "psychic" detectives, "don't "troll" for attention, nor do they charge, nor do they "solicit" families, appear on TV shows for profit, advertise, etc.

I believe the psychic detectives, way more then "the scam" of Sylvia Brown and her 700 per 1/2 "offer" of searching for a deceased person.

Sylvia Brown exploits people........

I agree with Sylvia being a scam. I used to really like Montel and his show, but his fascination with her has turned me off somewhat .

Hilarious youtube clips of Sylvia speaking to girl whose fireman fiance was killed on 9/11. Girl says fiance gone and body never found. Sylvia instantly says "That's because he's in water. You can't find bodies in water." Girl tells Sylvia fiance died in building collapse on 9/11. Sylvia backtracks by saying "Maybe he drowned from the water they were using to put out the fire".

Uhhh, Sylvia, the fires were up around the 100th floor of the first building, 90th floor of the second IIRC. Don't think the firemen ever got to the point of having fire hoses hooked up to be applying water to fires before the buildings collapsed. The survivors who got out saw the poor fellows who died climbing the steps with heavy firehoses as they were coming down.

This woman offered to help Shawn Horbeck's parents find his body for $700 per HALF HOUR????

She's a scam artist advertising her wares on Montel's show. He should be ashamed to allow her to appear!

She's not only a scam artist, I think she's got some kind of major personality disorder, or is a sociopath. She tells people horrific lies about what has happened to their missing children. For example, she told the Akers that Shawn was dead.

That really makes me angry. She obviously does not care one whit about being extremely cruel to people.

RUNDAWAY said:
SLYvia brown~psychic.

Delete "ic"
Insert "o".
I've said almost the same thing, at one time or another.

Sad thing: the couple of times that I have watched her on Montel, in the last year, she seems to have started encouraging Montel to believe that he has the psychic "gift", too. Next time she is on, and if you can stomach it, watch... 1 of 2 things will happen (in regards of her making Montel believe that he may have psychic powers): she will say something that doesn't make one ounce of sense, to which Montel doesn't miss a beat and comes up with a vague interpretation for the audience... then Sylvia will immediately start the "see, you have the gift, you know this" spew, skewing the attention away from the nonsense she had just let out of her mouth. OR... she will say something and Montel will immediately repeat it verbatim, to which Sylvia quickly turns the attention away from her and pushes the spotlight to fall on Montel, by again saying something like "see, you have the gift, you know this". That one right there cracks me up... I never knew that the ability to repeat someone's words, was a gift. LoL

Elphaba - you described it perfectly! That is exactly how I remember an episode of Montel with that "woman" on it! If you want to believe it, I suppose it's easy enough. I find it repulsive. I believe that some people have the ability to be psychic, but Sylvia Brown sure isn't one of them.

BTW - I'm in Fairfax, VA. Well, I live in Fairfax and work in DC. Hi neighbor!

A friend of mines Mom was aboard a cruise ship and paid a ridiculous sum to have a reading by Sylvia. She told her some story that her deceased husband was standing beside her and she should not feel "guilty" that she never got to say her final last wishes to him. It was the usual con act as her Mom felt awful she was not present when her husband died. My friend could not believe her Mom had spent all this money just to ask Sylvia a few questions and receive such simplistic, one line answers.:snooty:

I think she is repulsive too! I wonder if she can be sued? Does anyone know?

It seems she usually gives the same story to everyone especially about where there will be a discovery of the bodies of those that are assumed to be missing. What a gimmick. I'm elated that Shawn's family did not listen to this con artist.

Gozgals

Gozgals said:
A friend of mines Mom was aboard a cruise ship and paid a ridiculous sum to have a reading by Sylvia. She told her some story that her deceased husband was standing beside her and she should not feel "guilty" that she never got to say her final last wishes to him. It was the usual con act as her Mom felt awful she was not present when her husband died. My friend could not believe her Mom had spent all this money just to ask Sylvia a few questions and receive such simplistic, one line answers.:snooty:

I think she is repulsive too! I wonder if she can be sued? Does anyone know?

It seems she usually gives the same story to everyone especially about where there will be a discovery of the bodies of those that are assumed to be missing. What a gimmick. I'm elated that Shawn's family did not listen to this con artist.

Gozgals
Hi Gozgals. I wonder if it could be proven to be a scam could Sylvia and her family in crime be sued? Or, does she have some disclaimer for people to sign or agree to verbally?

I wish she could be set up publicly (legal ducks in a row) and shown to be the sociopathic, con artist, fraud that she is for all the world to see. I still think all of her's and her son's money should go back to their victims--with interest. And, then they should have to pay money into a fund for the missing in addition. Hmmm.

Lion

And what would you say if they found possibly another of Devlin's kidnapped victims in exactly a place like she said?

Not saying she isn't a rip-off...but food for thought.

I believe people with real psychic abilities don't charge for giving information because it is a gift to be shared. I also believe real psychics can and do help LE in some ways. Every lead and path should be investigated in hopes they can solve a case. I know if I had someone missing...I would bring in every available person to find them...including well-known and proven psychics who have worked with LE in the past.

Good question SeriouslySearching. After I got over the initial shock of the event I would thank them. But, I just can't see that happening--unless it were the result of an insightful guess or by chance. My thoughts on this are directed towards Sylvia Brown and her son. I would think and feel the same about anyone else whom I believed was conning people out of huge sums of money at a vulnerable time in their lives.

I imagine that some of Sylvia's and Chris's clients spent their only spare money or even borrowed money in the hopes of receiving just even a bit of cherished or valuable information. I read that at least in the case of Shawn Hornbeck, valuable time and money was wasted on searching as a direct result of what Sylvia Brown told the Akers.

I also read that one of the darkest days the Akers had during their search for Shawn was when Sylvia indicated he was dead. If my thoughts and beliefs are correct that Sylvia and her son are frauds and con artists, then there may be many people who have been hurt by them in various ways.

People who lie to convince people they are real to extract money or to achieve fame are amongst the worst of the lot. I believe that is exactly what Sylvia Brown and Chris are doing. I think it is both criminally and morally wrong.

I know little if anything about other psychics and their work, so I have nothing to say negatively in that regard. I am only talking about these two people specifically, and in general anyone of similar character, or lack of, would be in the same category to me.

My feathers get ruffled when I see wrong doing done by people who have no compassion, especially when they perpetuate such falsities in the name of compassion and spirituality.

I am sorry if I seem harsh or crass about this. If their are true psychics that use their gift in good consciousness and stay within moral and ethical boundaries that would be wonderful and an asset to many.

Lion

LionRun said:
Hi Gozgals. I wonder if it could be proven to be a scam could Sylvia and her family in crime be sued? Or, does she have some disclaimer for people to sign or agree to verbally?

I wish she could be set up publicly (legal ducks in a row) and shown to be the sociopathic, con artist, fraud that she is for all the world to see. I still think all of her's and her son's money should go back to their victims--with interest. And, then they should have to pay money into a fund for the missing in addition. Hmmm.

Lion
I'm sure she probably does have a disclaimer in place. That would make sense since she is so well known and is sought out by many. I think if I have spare time I will check into this avenue. It would be nice if she did pay into a fund for missing children Lion but I doubt that she cares enough too. Thanks for the reply and have a great day.:angel:

SeriouslySearching, I too believe there may be some people with actual psychic abilities. I think if I was in the position of many of these families, I may seek out the help of some well-known proven psychics. I probably would leave no stone unturned.
I did have a missing person in my family though but they were of the "missing of their own accord" and I found the person on my own.

Let us pray that MD did not harm anymore children. I am praying.

Gozgals

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back