GUILTY MA - James Alenson, 15, stabbed to death at Sudbury school, 19 Jan 2007

ljwf22

Reality continues to ruin my life.
Reaction score
Another high school murder:

SUDBURY, Mass. - A 16-year-old student was charged with murder in the Friday morning stabbing of a classmate at a high school in an affluent Boston suburb.

The 15-year-old victim was stabbed in a hallway after a fight broke out between him and another male student in a school bathroom before classes began, District Attorney Gerard Leone said.

Leone called the fight an "isolated incident" between the two students. "There is no thought or belief that anyone else is in danger," he said.

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070119/ap_on_re_us/school_stabbing

Just recently discovered this one on InSession a couple of weeks ago. Did anyone else watch it?? He murdered(stabbed) a fellow student- a total stranger- in the boys bathroom at his public high school because he wanted to experience killing someone. His defense attorney tried to blame it on his Asperger's syndrome, but this kid had a violent past, he'd stabbed a kid in the chest with a pencil, brought knives and other weapons to school in the past, and watched a violent video game that morning before he left for school.
In my opinion:twocents:, his parents- a Ph.D., and a nurse, and the school counselors and teachers bear some responsibility here. His mother was home that morning- how did she not know about the video game and the knife??? They indulged him by letting him have more freedom and attend a public high school, without regard for the safety of the public, and they let him take Forensics!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead: He bragged to classmates about committing the "perfect murder":eek::eek::eek:
The jury decided it was premeditated and with malice and extreme cruelty and convicted him of 1st degree murder (he was 16 at the time) and sentenced him to life without parole...
What are your thoughts?

I caught just a little of the testimony but I think the kid is guilty. I think his parents wanted to be in denial about how dangerous he was; he was troubled deeply, but not legally insane. They really should have known better.

I'm glad he's going to be taken out of society for the rest of his life. He cannot be fixed and cannot live amongst others in the free society.

I caught just a little of the testimony but I think the kid is guilty. I think his parents wanted to be in denial about how dangerous he was; he was troubled deeply, but not legally insane. They really should have known better.

I'm glad he's going to be taken out of society for the rest of his life. He cannot be fixed and cannot live amongst others in the free society.

This is the sad result when parents abdicate the job of parenting and think their role is to just provide a roof and food.

I have what once was a very very dear longterm friend who gave birth after she moved far away. She came back to visit for a week or so every two years for a long time. Her husband is also a Ph.D and director of a psych program, she is a counselor in private practice. Their child has always been absolutely incorrigible. It was disturbing when he was very young that his parents would not say or do a single thing when he crossed every boundary; it was almost as if they were deaf, blind, and mute.

When he was 14, during their last visit, we witnessed him nearly kill another person by drowning and he made quite a few verbal threats of killing his parents. One was in public at a restaurant where he YELLED across the room to a waitress to bring him a knife so he could kill his father. His parents just laugh and say "isn't he cute". We said "no, it isnt cute, it's downright scary and if he were in school in our state it would be addressed seriously by the school". They looked shocked and said that he is entitled to express his feelings, even if they are death threats.

We decided that was the last time they could visit as we are literally afraid of this kid knowing how to find us again. It would not surprise me to hear someday that he has gone on a killing rampage.

Lawyers for a man convicted of killing a high school classmate when he was a teenager will argue Monday that he should get a new trial.

John Odgren is serving life without parole for the 2007 murder of 15-year-old freshman James Alenson at Lincoln-Sudbury High School.

Odgren has Asperger's syndrome.

Aw! Adorable video captures moment firefighters rescue dog from well

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak