OK - 10-year-old Girl Escapes Abductor, Texhoma, January 2007

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
Alert Issued for Missing Girl in Okla.

< LATEST NEWSAlert Issued for Missing Girl in Okla.

TEXHOMA, Okla. (AP) -- Authorities were looking Friday for a 10-year-old girl who may have been abducted in the Oklahoma Panhandle.

Marissa Graham was reported missing in Texhoma in Texas County Thursday night.

Police said witnesses saw the girl at 6:30 p.m. with a white man in his mid-30s to about 40 years old. The man may be driving a white car, possibly a Chevrolet Cavalier.

The girl is white with reddish-blond hair and blue eyes. She's about 4-feet tall and 60 pounds.

I saw on the news this morning she escaped while her abductor was pumping gas some 200 miles away from home. She ran screaming into the mini mart there. The perp drove away. I can't find a written story.

I just wanted to share some GREAT news:)

OMG!!! That is wonderful. It actually brought tears to my eyes. What a brave girl to do that. I hope that she was not harmed.

He will be busted. All gas stations have cameras on their gas pumps for drive offs. It is ineviatable that they got his lisense plates.

awesome!! you go girl!!!! i wish this would happen more often. it's so nice to hear some *GOOD* news, for a change!! :D

Hurray!!! Sounds like she kicked her way out of the trunk of the car!

CLOVIS — A missing 10-year-old Texhoma, Okla., girl has been found safe in Clovis, and authorities are seeking her abductor.

Marissa Marie Graham was able to escape when her abductor stopped at a convenience store for gas Friday afternoon, said Oklahoma Amber Alert coordinator Gene Thaxton.

"She took the opportunity to bolt from the car and into the convenience store and identify herself as the girl everyone was looking for and give the telephone number for the Texhoma Police Department," Thaxton said.

The girl's grandmother, Juanita Graham, said Marissa told her parents by phone that she kicked her way out of the vehicle and ran for the store screaming.
--->>

http://www.abqtrib.com/news/2007/jan/20/missing-oklahoma-girl-found-nm/

Thank you so much for the follow up artical! I have been unable to find anything myself.

I am wondering why this hasn't recieved more media coverage??????????

How wonderful that she was able to escape - may God bless her and her family. And, may the perp be caught & brought to justice.

Linda7NJ said:
Thank you so much for the follow up artical! I have been unable to find anything myself.

I am wondering why this hasn't recieved more media coverage??????????
I'm not sure what you like to watch for your crime news.. but I have seen it on Greta, Nancy Grace, and The Line up. This little girl is SO brave!

I heard that the hatchback car, SUV or Minivan that they're looking for is purple in color. If it's purple, my mind immediately jumps to a Minivan. I don't know why, but I've seen many purple colored minivans.. but not too many purple colored SUV's. I dunno- that's just what occurred to me.

Way to go Marissa! And.. it should be mentioned that her parents obviously taught her well on what to do if she's ever locked in a trunk. So, good job by her parents too! It made me think to show my kids how to lift that latch.. I have never shown them how to do that from the inside. Good safety tip.

Wowza! What a little survivor she is.

Sounds like her family and schools and such have been teaching the right messages.

This is WONDERFUL news!!! What a brave little girl Marissa is!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

mssheila said:
I'm not sure what you like to watch for your crime news.. but I have seen it on Greta, Nancy Grace, and The Line up. This little girl is SO brave!

I heard that the hatchback car, SUV or Minivan that they're looking for is purple in color. If it's purple, my mind immediately jumps to a Minivan. I don't know why, but I've seen many purple colored minivans.. but not too many purple colored SUV's. I dunno- that's just what occurred to me.

Way to go Marissa! And.. it should be mentioned that her parents obviously taught her well on what to do if she's ever locked in a trunk. So, good job by her parents too! It made me think to show my kids how to lift that latch.. I have never shown them how to do that from the inside. Good safety tip.
Most SUV's and Minivans don't have trunks, right??? I wonder if anyone was around when the little girl broke free?? I hope they were able to get it on camera!!

Kidnapper is still at large, and it's not clear what vehicle he was driving. Marrisa has been described as kicking her way out of a trunk, and as kicking open a door of the vehicle. Most likely the vehicle is a dark, purplish van or SUV, or else a white car, as reported in the Amber Alert. Could be both, and he changed vehicles after the initial kidnap.

Girl, 10, Escapes Abductor by Kicking Her Way Out of Car Trunk
Oklahoma Girl Reunited With Her Parents 200 Miles From Home

Jan. 22, 2007 — It was a homecoming of the best kind Sunday for Chris and Angela Graham.

They celebrated the return of their daughter, Marissa Marie, who was abducted last week but escaped by kicking her way out of the trunk of a kidnapper's car.

Marissa escaped Friday, and her parents drove through bad weather to be reunited with their daughter in New Mexico. They were ecstatic and relieved to see Marissa.

The suspected kidnapper has not been captured. Police describe him as a white male, 34 to 45 years old, and clean shaven. He was last seen wearing a button-up shirt. Authorities say he was last seen driving a purple sport utility vehicle. --->>

Marissa, 10, was riding her bike to a friend's house Thursday when she was grabbed and thrown in the trunk of a car. Police say that she was tied up and that her face was covered.

The girl was driven 200 miles from her hometown of Texhoma, Okla., on the Texas border to Clovis, N.M.

When the kidnapper stopped for gas, Marissa, who takes martial arts classes, kicked her way out of the trunk. She then walked into the store and calmly told the clerk that she had just escaped.

Marissa's instincts were right on, some observers say. Putting up a fight can call attention to an abduction, and that can make the difference between getting away and getting killed.
--->>
http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2812352

Marissa Graham was abducted last Thursday in Texhoma and escaped the following day when she kicked open the door of a vehicle and ran into a convenience store in Clovis, New Mexico, about 200 miles away.

F-B-I spokesman Gary Johnson says the girl has been working with authorities to develop a more detailed description of her captor.

Johnson says the suspect is white, about six feet tall, with a thin build, in his 30s or younger. He had short, brown hair, parted on the side and wore glasses.

http://www.kobtv.com/index.cfm?viewer=storyviewer&id=29910&cat=NMTOPSTORIES

If some websleuthers had access to vehicle registration records and/or could search data bases for registered vehicles, this guy would probably be caught sooner than later.

I'm not sure if this is important, but an investigator was on one of the crime shows last night saying that the guy was last seen wearing a dark blue shirt that said Princeton on it (lettering in blaze orange).

I don't live very far from Texhoma. I will watch the local news tonite and see what they say.

What kind of SUVs have been manufactored in 'deep purple' color? The only one that comes to my mind is the Cruiser which comes in a deep plum or grape color.

Gina_M said:
OMG, what an inspiring story! :clap:
This sure is wonderful news! What a courageous young girl! Now, let's hope someone spots this creep, so he can be served his due justice.

Lion

...forced into the trunk of a white vehicle and tied up, FBI spokesman Gary Johnson said. Her abductor later moved her into a purple vehicle, possibly a minivan or a hatchback. --->>

Johnson said the suspect is white, about 6 feet tall, with a thin build, in his 30s or younger. He had short, brown hair, parted on the side and wore glasses. He was wearing a blue shirt with "Princeton" in orange letters, tan cargo-style pants and white Nike tennis shoes.
- http://www.amarillo.com/stories/012307/new_6626196.shtml

Being in Oklahoma, we are seeing many news reports on this case. Everyone is delighted she escaped safely! Her homecoming was quite a party from what I saw. She certainly deserved it. Kudos not only to her parents, but her Martial Arts instructor as well for teaching her to keep her wits, follow her instincts, and giving her the strength to break free without harm.

I hate to break it to you, but in our neck of the woods...Oklahoma and New Mexico...not all gas stations have cameras. Unless you are going to a chain establishment to buy gasoline, chances are they don't.

That area of New Mexico (Clovis) is rather remote with miles of range around there and he could be in so many states from that point. Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico...etc. The winter weather was breaking about that time also so maybe it slowed him down considerably. Hopefully, they will find him very soon.

Again, we are so thankful another miracle happened!

Pervs 0 - Miracles 8 in the past few weeks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back