1260 users online (207 members and 1053 guests)  

Websleuths News

Is this dumb or what?

A Sun Country flight originated in Minneapolis. There was a "security" breach. The plane landed and was surrounded by sharpshooters on the tarmac. The problem? Someone removed a seal from a bathroom smoke detector!

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S25736.shtml?cat=1

I wonder why they focused on that one person?

not at all... i am glad the authorities are doing their job. if some numbnut was messing with the seal on the smoke detector, then you have to wonder what he was up to--?? obviously, no good!!

Quote Originally Posted by reb
    not at all... i am glad the authorities are doing their job. if some numbnut was messing with the seal on the smoke detector, then you have to wonder what he was up to--?? obviously, no good!!
    Yeah, who knows what they planned with their illicit coffin nail? (I am not a smoker, and I am allergic to cigarette smoke...) The person who broke the seal on the smoke detector *did* break the law, but I think surrounding the plane with sharpshooters was excessive myself. Hand the person (if you can find them, that is) over to the Air Marshalls, but pointing high powered rifles at innocent bystanders?! Overboard!
    Last edited by KatK; 01-20-2007 at 11:44 PM. Reason: punctuation

One flight I was on had some fool smoking marijuana in the bathroom. A few of us suggested opening the door long enough to pitch him out, but that suggestion was not accepted. Oh, well.

Opie, that's also a possibility, though I'd think word would leak out it was connected to illicit drug use if that were the case. Maybe not though.