FL woman finds newborn Duck in fridge!

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
Oh this is just too weird!

A FLorida woman opened up her fridge and found a newborn baby duck! Her husband had been hunting and shot a duck and it was in the fridge and I guess it laid an egg? Huh? Eggs have to be kept warm. Sumpin wrong with this picture! :crazy:

Maybe I AM going crazy as I only heard part of this on the 1/2 hour newsbreak on Fox News during The Line Up and it makes NO sense! I did, I really did hear it! I think

Someone find the story, and clue me in please. TIA

hicpics said:
TALLAHASSEE, Florida — The duck would not die.

Wildlife officials said the feathered Lazarus had been shot by a hunter and put into his refrigerator for two days. That's when the hunter's wife opened the door and the duck lifted his head, giving her a scare.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,245226,00.html

Oh MY! I surely got that one messed up! I don't know where I got newborn duck out of that story!
But I knew something was messed up with the hatching of the egg! lol! Thanks hicpics! :)

your welcome. saw the duck on the news today. the woman was holding him. he was a cutie for a duck i guess. ha.;) felt sorry for him.

Oh,Lordie, poor little duckie. I hope its metabolism was SO slow that it didn't feel cold and scared for two days locked in the fridge......

Okay, I live in this area, and know many a hunter. The only thing weird I see in this story, is if the husband doesn't completely flip out that his wife would give away his hard earned perfectly fresh duck!

kgeaux said:
Oh,Lordie, poor little duckie. I hope its metabolism was SO slow that it didn't feel cold and scared for two days locked in the fridge......
Just so you know, the fact it was dark would have calmed him. The cold would have helped numb him from the injury. The fact the fridge was "locked" to him, wouldn't have even been noticed. I hope that helps.

On a lighter note:

There was once a parrot who was foul mouthed and would curse at anyone and everything. The owner said "Say Hello!" and bird would say "#@$& You!" over and over! The owner finally got completely FED UP with trying to train him to stop cursing and tossed him into the freezer. A few minutes later, the owner felt really guilty and bad for doing that, and he opened up the freezer and took out the parrot. "Why Hello There!" said the bird! The owner looked astonished. The bird said "Hello, Kind Sir!" and the owner said "That's much better!" The bird said "Can I ask a question, Kind Sir?" The owner said "What?" The bird said..... "What did the chicken do wrong!?"

OK, that would freak me right out... :crazy:

GlitchWizard said:
Just so you know, the fact it was dark would have calmed him. The cold would have helped numb him from the injury. The fact the fridge was "locked" to him, wouldn't have even been noticed. I hope that helps.

On a lighter note:

There was once a parrot who was foul mouthed and would curse at anyone and everything. The owner said "Say Hello!" and bird would say "#@$& You!" over and over! The owner finally got completely FED UP with trying to train him to stop cursing and tossed him into the freezer. A few minutes later, the owner felt really guilty and bad for doing that, and he opened up the freezer and took out the parrot. "Why Hello There!" said the bird! The owner looked astonished. The bird said "Hello, Kind Sir!" and the owner said "That's much better!" The bird said "Can I ask a question, Kind Sir?" The owner said "What?" The bird said..... "What did the chicken do wrong!?"

Oh, Glitch! That is a HILARIOUS joke!

GlitchWizard said:
Okay, I live in this area, and know many a hunter. The only thing weird I see in this story, is if the husband doesn't completely flip out that his wife would give away his hard earned perfectly fresh duck!

That was the first thing I thought of after I got the real (lol!) story. That after this hunting husband had gotten himself a duck, that wifey would just turn it over to wildlife resources' people.

After a bit more thought, I concluded the hubby must not have been home at the time she opened the fridge. She probably didn't want to 'finish the job' (kill the duck) but she couldn't bear to see it suffer. Seems plausible, doesn't it?

All I can say it that is one lucky duck! :p

hicpics said:
your welcome. saw the duck on the news today. the woman was holding him. he was a cutie for a duck i guess. ha.;) felt sorry for him.
-----------
Aw the poor baby! I hope her life is just "ducky" from now on....Bless her heart.

I'm finding this story hard to believe. I don't know of any hunter that will leave the intestines in a kill for a few hours, let alone dump it in the fridge for a couple of days, intact (sorry, I know that's gross). And, these people just left a whole, but thought-to-be-dead duck just laying by the milk!?

LisainWV said:
I'm finding this story hard to believe. I don't know of any hunter that will leave the intestines in a kill for a few hours, let alone dump it in the fridge for a couple of days, intact (sorry, I know that's gross). And, these people just left a whole, but thought-to-be-dead duck just laying by the milk!?

i am not a hunter and i havent ever been around any. But i also thought it odd when i first heard about it for them to just dump a whole duck feathers and all in the refrigerator for a couple of days. :waitasec:

LisainWV said:
My husband is off goose hunting this weekend but I can't wait till he gets home so I can ask him about this. It sounds pretty weird to me, too.

I'm also going to ask him about the wife-giving-it-away thing that someone posted about. I think he would freak out if I gave away his duck. No...I KNOW he would freak out.

LisainWV said:
Lazy hunters would. This guy was too lazy to finish the job. My husband was a "Fisherman" he thought. He left a full string of fish (alive) on the metal stringer in the lake for two days. When I found out about it, I wanted to kill him.

Some people say they are hunters, but they are really just lame.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back