A Predators Playground

ihadcabinfever

Reaction score
Staying one step ahead of a Predator.

I would imagine everyone has their home computer monitored with younger children and tweens but I wanted to bring to everyones attention something I don't see being discussed and it is URGENT.

http://www.nintendo.com/overviewds

nintendo ds

Wireless Network

With Nintendo DS Lite, you can connect with a local wireless network of up to 16 players. The wireless range can be an incredible 30 to 100 feet and for some games, multiplayer requires just one Nintendo DS game card.

Note: Nintendo DS Lite wireless communication, including PictoChat, is not private and is not monitored by Nintendo. We recommend that you never reveal any personal information or arrange to meet a stranger.

I know this is very popular and parents need to be aware of this.

Most McDonalds have this open acsess so your child can be chatting or playing with anyone.

http://www.nintendo.com/privacy

Both the Nintendo DS Wi-Fi Connection and the Wii Shop Channel services, WiiConnect24, and any related services and material delivered to your Wii console over the Internet ("Wii Network Services") allow gamers to interact in real time. Both of the Nintendo DS Wi-Fi Connection and the Wii Network Services have been designed with gamer privacy in mind. In order for two individuals to communicate or otherwise interact with each other, they must exchange Friend Codes. "Friend Codes" are unique to each online game and are exchanged by players off-line (by phone, by email, etc.) who are already familiar with one another. Then, when you connect, you are able to enjoy multiplayer gaming with "friends." This avoids open communication with strangers and creates a friendly environment.

If a player connects region wide or worldwide on a Nintendo Wi-Fi enabled connection, they can play with anyone, not just friends. When this option is selected, Nintendo games that include a chat feature limit the chat to only "closed" or pre-canned text. Also, the only information displayed to the other player is game information and the nickname of the other player. No personal information or specific location is provided to the other player. Games in the future may allow players to exchange other information stored on their Nintendo DS or Wii.

To be safe, parents should monitor their children's exchange of Friend Codes to make sure that this feature works as intended. Parents should also monitor any multiplayer game play done through the Nintendo DS Wi-Fi Connection or the Wii Network Services.

http://www.nintendowifi.com/hotspots/searchHotSpot.do

Find a friend. Meet new challengers. Play wirelessly for free.

More than 6000 partner hotspots across the U.S. and Canada now offer FREE Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection connectivity — no subscriptions, no service fees, just pure gaming fun!

Find a free Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection partner hotspot near you.

How do I play with other people online?(Automatch, Friend)
The Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection allows you to connect with other players from around the world for online gaming fun. You have two ways you can connect. One way is to connect with other players with whom you have exchanged Friend Codes and placed on your Friends Rosters. For more information on using Friend Codes to match up online, click here.

In certain games you can also get connected by being "auto-matched." Auto-match goes out and randomly sets you up with any other player who is online and looking to play. This broadens the number of opponents you can be matched against to thousands and thousands of other players around the world. The way auto-match is set up and used is unique for each game. Refer to the manual for the game you're playing for details.

Well so much for Net Nanny.

http://www.miipages.com/

This is an Inernational list
find your Country click on it and up comes a list of gamers and their friends codes list with their myspace page ,gamer name and of course their personal picture. Its like an online map to kids.

Does anyone know if you can turn this feature off? We are thinking of getting our son the DS Lite for Christmas.

This was a problem on the last 5th grade field trip (and there weren't even strangers involved!).

Because it was an hour and a half ride, they decided to let the kids bring gamboys, iPods, etc. A bunch of the kids were playing these games with the chat feature.

Anyway, they were chatting back and forth, and some of the girls started to get a little mean about the boys. One of the boys grabbed my friend's son's DS and wrote "Sarah licks balls." Well my friend's son was mortified! He knew what that meant, and it looked like he had typed it.

He was sure he was going to get into trouble, but no one told the teacher. He walked around for days in fear, trying to decide if he should preemptively tell the teacher, but not wanting to get anyone into trouble if it wasn't necessary.

Just to show you how innocent these kids are...luckily the girls didn't even get the insult. They laughed at how dumb it was, taking it like "Sarah eats dirt." i.e., licking a soccer ball or something. It was funny and refreshing all at the same time, while we were ready to lock up the boys.

TG my son doesn't have one! For once I got to just listen to everyone else discussing the latest drama. Phew!

This was a problem on the last 5th grade field trip (and there weren't even strangers involved!).

Because it was an hour and a half ride, they decided to let the kids bring gamboys, iPods, etc. A bunch of the kids were playing these games with the chat feature.

Anyway, they were chatting back and forth, and some of the girls started to get a little mean about the boys. One of the boys grabbed my friend's son's DS and wrote "Sarah licks balls." Well my friend's son was mortified! He knew what that meant, and it looked like he had typed it.

He was sure he was going to get into trouble, but no one told the teacher. He walked around for days in fear, trying to decide if he should preemptively tell the teacher, but not wanting to get anyone into trouble if it wasn't necessary.

Just to show you how innocent these kids are...luckily the girls didn't even get the insult. They laughed at how dumb it was, taking it like "Sarah eats dirt." i.e., licking a soccer ball or something. It was funny and refreshing all at the same time, while we were ready to lock up the boys.

TG my son doesn't have one! For once I got to just listen to everyone else discussing the latest drama. Phew!

Here I was worried about strangers! lol It IS refreshing to hear that the girls didn't really know what that meant.

I'm still hoping there's a way to disable that feature. Now I know why my son's friend was asking if we had Wi-Fi when he brought his DS over last time. Hmm..

O/T but do you mind me asking where the field trip was that took 1 1/2 hours? That's quite a trip!

Unapproved first post, making thread invisible...

Wrong forum, old news/links/information.

Cleanup

~Summer

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail