Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MD - Rachel Smith, 16, & Rachel Crites, 18, Montgomery County, 19 Jan 2007

MD - Rachel Smith, 16, & Rachel Crites, 18, Montgomery County, 19 Jan 2007

MISSING RACHEL SMITH & RACHEL CRITES

http://www.bnaitzedek.org/Rachel.html

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=598&sid=1038831

Please spread the word

Rachel Crites MySpace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=57377361

Female
    18 years old
    ROCKVILLE, MARYLAND
    United States

A message left on her blog:
    Rachel/Rachel or Thelma and Louise. Met you the other night for dinner - you were both terrific - so much to offer. Pls phone home or post on myspace. Critters need you. Your Mom needs you. Let us know you're OK, pls.

Posted by __________ on Monday, January 22, 2007 at 2:54 PM

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat1
    Rachel Crites MySpace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=57377361

Female
    18 years old
    ROCKVILLE, MARYLAND
    United States

A message left on her blog:
    Rachel/Rachel or Thelma and Louise. Met you the other night for dinner - you were both terrific - so much to offer. Pls phone home or post on myspace. Critters need you. Your Mom needs you. Let us know you're OK, pls.

Posted by __________ on Monday, January 22, 2007 at 2:54 PM
    Thank you kittykat for posting about these missing girls. I hope they are found safely.

Lion

I checked mapquest and North Potomac Md is 343 miles from Charleston WV. That is a long ways. I don't really understand a daughter calling her mom from that far away pretending to be going to the movies. If a child is running away they usually won't call to buy time.Perhaps one of the girls had met a boy from that area or was going out of state for a secret she didn't want anyone to know about. I hope they have just run off and will be back.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...&2s=wv&2z=&r=f
    Last edited by Becba; 01-23-2007 at 12:02 AM.

The one article makes em seem like they were lovers but the myspace page has the older Rachel listed as straight. Hmmmm.... I hope they are okay.

Being as Rockville is a community of DC, it is all over the DC news. One of the stations actually ran a picture of what one of the girls parents found in her hand-written diary. Though the picture of the diary page is not posted with this article, it does sum it up:

http://www.wusa9.com/news/news_artic...?storyid=55208

The parents did an interview and said that their daughter was suicidal in the past. Other news stations are reporting that officials asked them to not reveal what was in the diary.

Charlestown, WV, is maybe an hour to an hour-and-a-half drive from here, if the traffic isn't bad... that was the last place her cellphone registered from.

It sounds like they were more then friends. And you know what? That is ok. Let them be and just let them come home. I hope they didnt run away due to pressure and are going to do something drastic.

i saw that earlier,, and i wonder why the parents revealed to the media what the girl said in her diary. i know the situation could be urgent.. but somehow it seems like a cruel invasion of privacy. was that really necessary?
    still.. judging by that it does not sound good.. hopefully it's just the usual hormonal-induced epic end-of-the-world drama that young people go through... and she didn't mean anything serious by it...........?

Teenage girls can be so dramatic. I sure hope that's all this is and the girls will be found safe.

Quote Originally Posted by sissy's mom
    Teenage girls can be so dramatic. I sure hope that's all this is and the girls will be found safe.
    Goodness, do I know that... having raised teens, I couldn't agree with you more, on the drama. And I too, hope the girls are found safe... my heart goes out to their parents...

Quote Originally Posted by reb
    i saw that earlier,, and i wonder why the parents revealed to the media what the girl said in her diary. i know the situation could be urgent.. but somehow it seems like a cruel invasion of privacy. was that really necessary?
    still.. judging by that it does not sound good.. hopefully it's just the usual hormonal-induced epic end-of-the-world drama that young people go through... and she didn't mean anything serious by it...........?
    I would call what clearly appears to be a form of a suicide note, written by a teenage girl who has suffered from depression no less, as something VERY URGENT.

Quote: "wherever I end up laying, whether buried or cremated, I want to stay with my true love, buried next to her. This is my choice. I’m sorry." End Quote

The parents obviously feel it is of utmost importance to release this--they are afraid for her LIFE. If I was in their shoes, I would risk my daughter feeling like her privacy had been invaded if it meant more exposure for her missing persons case and possibly saving her life. I'd rather her feel that, than be dead and not feel anything at all.

The last part where she says "This is my choice. I'm sorry" makes me feel that she KNEW it would be found, and maybe even WANTED it to be found. As a parent, you stop at nothing when the safety and well being of your child is being compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by julianne
    I would call what clearly appears to be a form of a suicide note, written by a teenage girl who has suffered from depression no less, as something VERY URGENT.

Quote: "wherever I end up laying, whether buried or cremated, I want to stay with my true love, buried next to her. This is my choice. I’m sorry." End Quote

The parents obviously feel it is of utmost importance to release this--they are afraid for her LIFE. If I was in their shoes, I would risk my daughter feeling like her privacy had been invaded if it meant more exposure for her missing persons case and possibly saving her life. I'd rather her feel that, than be dead and not feel anything at all.

The last part where she says "This is my choice. I'm sorry" makes me feel that she KNEW it would be found, and maybe even WANTED it to be found. As a parent, you stop at nothing when the safety and well being of your child is being compromised.
    True... very true.

In an interview from WJZ (B'more station), her father expressed that he is scared: (the video interview is on the upper right side of the page)

http://wjz.com/local/local_story_022225721.html

About him finding her diary: the way he described it, he found it right on her desk, under a book. While I don't want to jump to conclusions, I do know how protective girls can be of their private diary and will do what they can to keep it hidden well away... but with him finding it so easily, it sets off red flags... it does give cause to think that she meant for it to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba
    True... very true.

In an interview from WJZ (B'more station), her father expressed that he is scared: (the video interview is on the upper right side of the page)

About him finding her diary: the way he described it, he found it right on her desk, under a book. While I don't want to jump to conclusions, I do know how protective girls can be of their private diary and will do what they can to keep it hidden well away... but with him finding it so easily, it sets off red flags... it does give cause to think that she meant for it to be found.
    But I am curious about why she wrote it in the diary?
    Why not just write a note and leave it on the desk or somewhere out in the open?
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba
    True... very true.

I agree, most teen girls have their diaries locked and well hidden. I just hope they find them soon.

While there were no signs of trouble, Rachel Crites was still undergoing counseling for depression, her father said. She had attempted suicide in March because of problems the family was going through, according to her father. In September, he and his wife — Crites’ stepmother — separated and in October his daughter moved in with him, he said. He has called her mother, who lives in Italy, and her stepmother, about Rachel being missing.

more at link:

http://www.gazette.net/stories/01230...01_31997.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Becba
    I checked mapquest and North Potomac Md is 343 miles from Charleston WV. That is a long ways. I don't really understand a daughter calling her mom from that far away pretending to be going to the movies. If a child is running away they usually won't call to buy time.Perhaps one of the girls had met a boy from that area or was going out of state for a secret she didn't want anyone to know about. I hope they have just run off and will be back.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...&2s=wv&2z=&r=f
    There is a CharlesTON, WV and a CharlesTOWN, WV. I believe they are referring to Charlestown which is on the northern border of WV.

Quote Originally Posted by sissy's mom
    I have to agree, on both remarks.

With 3 teenage daughters of my own, I can testify that they can be very dramatic and unpredictable. My eldest daughter (she is 20) ran away 3 x and it was a shock each time she did, afterall she was scared of the dark I could not believe that she would stay gone at night on her own accord. I was sure that she was abducted and they where going to find her in a ditch somewhere every time she did it. We always hope for the best but imagine the worst.

The last time was 10 months ago and she said she was going to a concert, she did not tell me it was in New Orleans. She came back a month later pregnant with some guy. Now I am a grandma. She started talking about going on one of her adventures again this week. I said, now you have a responsibility so there will be no more road trips!

To sum this up, Teenage girls are unpredictable, dramatic,sneeky, and emotional. I truely believe that these girls will be found safe and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am right.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

Consultants from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children are assisting the search for two missing Montgomery County teenagers, police said today.

Two retired federal law enforcement agents with experience in missing children are now consulting with Montgomery County Police to provide investigative and technical assistance.

Rachel Crites, 18, of Gaithersburg and Rachel Smith, 16, of North Potomac were last heard from on the afternoon of Jan. 19 when they called their parents and told them they planned to see a movie in Georgetown.

Police do not suspect foul play but are concerned about the mental state of the pair, said police spokeswoman Lucille Baur.

Information about the two girls will be posted on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s web site www.missingkids.com⁄sightings and people with possible information about the women can call the center’s toll free line at 1-800-843-5678.

Rachel Smith is described as 5 feet 1 inch tall, 118 pounds, with green eyes and medium-length brown hair.

Rachel Crites is 5 feet 4 inches tall, 110 pounds, with brown eyes and brown medium-length hair.

They are believed to be driving Crites’ dark blue 1997 Subaru Outback station wagon with a black cargo rack on the roof and Maryland tags MBJ-485. ‘‘We remain very optimistic with all the help we’re receiving from the community members that we’ll be able to locate these young ladies,” Baur said. ‘‘We’re just very hopeful the girls understand it’s important for them to call in and let the families or the police know they are safe.”

http://www.gazette.net/stories/01250...38_32004.shtml

ROCKVILLE, Md. -- Police said two missing teenage girls from Montgomery County, Md., could still be in our area and talking to friends.

Investigators first thought that 16-year-old Rachel Smith, of Potomac, and 18-year-old Rachel Crites, of Gaithersburg were in West Virginia, but now they are not sure about that.

more at link:

http://www.nbc4.com/news/10850633/detail.html

Speaking in front of television cameras and reporters on Friday afternoon, the families of two missing teenagers appealed for their children to call home.

‘‘Sweetie, I’m here if you need me or if I can do anything to help you,” said Kathryn Cornelius, the mother of Rachel Crites, 18, of Gaithersburg. ‘‘Please call us.”

Crites and her friend, Rachel Smith, 16, of Potomac, were last heard from on the afternoon of Jan. 19 when they called their parents, saying that they planned to see a movie in Georgetown. Police do not suspect foul play but are concerned about the pair’s mental state.

‘‘We are worried about you and hope that you can just let us know that you are safe,” said Daniel Alexander, Rachel Smith’s uncle. The families asked police about making a public appeal to the girls in the hope that the girls will see it, police spokeswoman Lucille Baur said at Friday’s news conference in Montgomery County Police headquarters in Rockville.

more at link:

http://www.gazette.net/stories/01260...26_32027.shtml

My hope is that they have a literal underground network helping them. Not a sinister one...but friends they are staying with and others helping them to 'hide in plain sight'. Teenagers, gay or not, have connections of likeminded people who they feel safe around plus willing to take them in and not turn them in. I pray this is the case.

Going through her diary is something any parent would do under these circumstances. When your child takes off, you have an obligation to search for any possible way to bring them home and everything previously off-limits for reasons of privacy to your child become evidence. Calling every phone number you find, reading every written word, or anything that gives you an idea should be followed through on. Putting out the word of her diary was pertinent to this case. It does sound like a suicide note. I believe it was to inform the friends that might be helping them of how serious this is and they are obviously asking for their cooperation in light of that.

I will keep those girls in my thoughts and prayers, along with their parents. I feel they are safe and will be back eventually. Everything at their age seems like the world is against them and particularly if they aren't open with being gay.

I hope the girls know that deep down there is absolutely NOTHING they can ever do or be that will keep their parents from loving them. A parent's love is unconditional. No matter how much you feel they don't understand you...given a chance, parents learn and accept you as you really are because what we all want is for you to be happy and healthy.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching
    My hope is that they have a literal underground network helping them. Not a sinister one...but friends they are staying with and others helping them to 'hide in plain sight'. Teenagers, gay or not, have connections of likeminded people who they feel safe around plus willing to take them in and not turn them in. I pray this is the case.

Going through her diary is something any parent would do under these circumstances. When your child takes off, you have an obligation to search for any possible way to bring them home and everything previously off-limits for reasons of privacy to your child become evidence. Calling every phone number you find, reading every written word, or anything that gives you an idea should be followed through on. Putting out the word of her diary was pertinent to this case. It does sound like a suicide note. I believe it was to inform the friends that might be helping them of how serious this is and they are obviously asking for their cooperation in light of that.

I will keep those girls in my thoughts and prayers, along with their parents. I feel they are safe and will be back eventually. Everything at their age seems like the world is against them and particularly if they aren't open with being gay.

I hope the girls know that deep down there is absolutely NOTHING they can ever do or be that will keep their parents from loving them. A parent's love is unconditional. No matter how much you feel they don't understand you...given a chance, parents learn and accept you as you really are because what we all want is for you to be happy and healthy.
    Excellent post!

did anyone see greta, or know where i can get a transcript?

This is a partial transcript from "On the Record," January 29, 2007, that has been edited for clarity.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Two Rachels and one big mystery tonight. They're teenagers from Maryland: Rachel Smith is 16, Rachel Crites 18. They're good friends and they're gone. The girls vanished over a week ago, they said they were going to the movies and they, well we just don't know. No one does. Was there an accident? Did they run away together? Was there a crime? Police and family is looking for answers tonight.

Joining us are Rachel Crites' parents — Troy Crites and Kathy Cornelius.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,248639,00.html

Hmm, I have some guys working in and around that area. I'll be passing this along to a few people. Who knows, maybe they'll see them.
    Please read up on the murder of Dr. David Cornbleet here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45720

WJZ) It has been nearly two weeks since two teenage girls went missing from their Washington D.C. area homes.

As WJZ's Dennis Edwards reports, police believe the two teens could be within 2 1/2 hours of their homes where family members are anxiously hoping to hear of their safe return.

On January 19, 18-year-old Rachel Crites and 16-year old Rachel Smith went to a movie and never came home.

Montgomery County police are now calling the search for both teens an extremely active investigation. They do not believe foul play or abduction was involved, but they are concerned about the girls' emotional states

more:

http://wjz.com/topstories/local_story_031230205.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast