1411 users online (264 members and 1147 guests)  

Websleuths News

Man's 12-foot wooden cross stolen

PORT ST. LUCIE Apparently not even a 12-foot wooden cross is sacred in Port St. Lucie.

A 56-year-old local man who regularly uses the religious symbol as a prop while preaching the Word of God at U.S. 1 and Jennings Road found that out the hard way Monday night.

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news...299402,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    PORT ST. LUCIE Apparently not even a 12-foot wooden cross is sacred in Port St. Lucie.

A 56-year-old local man who regularly uses the religious symbol as a prop while preaching the Word of God at U.S. 1 and Jennings Road found that out the hard way Monday night.

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news...299402,00.html
    This is an odd one. Why would they take it and what are they gonna do with it? :

I think they are trying to get rid of this guy. He stands on a busy highway preaching and yelling at the cars as they go by. I believe he's mentally off balance.

He is still there huh? That man has been preaching on that corner for years! His cross had wheels on it to make it easier to maneuver. I wonder how they got it from him? I don't recall him ever leaving it there. He always took it with him when he left.
    Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    I think they are trying to get rid of this guy. He stands on a busy highway preaching and yelling at the cars as they go by. I believe he's mentally off balance.
    I have talked with this man on more than one occasion. Your description above is pretty accurate.
    Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    I have talked with this man on more than one occasion. Your description above is pretty accurate.
    He is totally off balance ... but harmless