CA - Brandy's fatal car crash, 30 Dec 2006

Wow, with the title of the thread I thought she died! I hadn't heard about this at all.

There is an article today that is titled that as well. I had not heard it either. The woman that was killed was 38 and has a child, so sad.

''Police are doing a mechanical investigation of the cars involved in the accident to determine if there was a malfunction."
Hmmm... there was no malfunction but yea whatever.

From what I have read, Brandy is devastated about this. Accidents DO happen. I would love to hear it was a mechanical failure of some sort, but it sounds like she wasn't paying close enough attention or something. :(

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,246722,00.html

911 Calls in Brandy Accident Tell of 'Massive' Incident

Los Angeles 911 operators were flooded with calls in the minutes following Brandy's fatal car accident last month, as the R&B singer allegedly confessed she was at fault, according to TMZ.com.

"There's just been a massive car accident on the 405," one caller said.

"I think there's fatalities or injuries, big time," another said.

Click here to listen to the 911 calls.

An unidentified witness told TMZ.com that the singer repeatedly said she was at fault for the fatal car accident on Interstate 405 on Dec. 30, 2006.

According to the article no drugs or alcohol was involved.

Sounds like she simply did not slow down quick enough.

It took a long time to get in the news. Especially when there were other witnesses.

Something tells me she was doing what 90% of the drivers on the 405 freeway in LA do...talking on their cells phones and not paying attention to the road. They were interviewing an accident investigator on the local news here last night and they said you have to be hit pretty hard from behind in order for the injuries to be fatal. Basically they said it would appear in an accident like this, that the driver that struck from behind either didn't break at all or simply stopped too late.

Looks like the initial hit was not what caused the fatality....it set of a chain reaction of events....

"We're told Brandy's vehicle struck a 2005 Toyota. The Toyota then hit a 1989 Toyota. The 2005 Toyota then slid sideways and hit the center divider. As the 2005 Toyota came to a halt, it was struck by a 1988 Acura."

Doesn't make it any less tragic though. People need to pay attention when driving. When you get behind the wheel you have not only your life and your passengers in your hands, but the lives of everyone one else around you in or out of cars.

Its possible the driver of the accura caused the fatal hit...

I know that Brandy has issued an apology through her agent but I wonder if it has occurred to her to offer monetary assistance to the family of the woman who died? Maybe burial expenses or something? I don't know much about Brandy but I do think, from what I do know, that she is a good person and I know this is probably weighing on her heavily.

englishleigh said:
I know that Brandy has issued an apology through her agent but I wonder if it has occurred to her to offer monetary assistance to the family of the woman who died? Maybe burial expenses or something? I don't know much about Brandy but I do think, from what I do know, that she is a good person and I know this is probably weighing on her heavily.
I cant even begin to imagine what one would feel like having been the cause of a fatal accident. I know how I am and it would kill me. I obsess about everything so I would think about it 24/7.

Amraann said:
Its possible the driver of the accura caused the fatal hit...
I believe that's correct-the Accura hit the Toyota. Brandy didn't actualy strike someone and kill them, her car started the chain reaction that led to that.

michelle said:
I cant even begin to imagine what one would feel like having been the cause of a fatal accident. I know how I am and it would kill me. I obsess about everything so I would think about it 24/7.

I know what you mean, Michelle. Same here. Poor Brandy. :(

Sorry to hear this--I was a big fan of hers when she first started out in '94 or '95--sad to hear she may be at fault somewhat--sounds like a terrible accident--

"I know that Brandy has issued an apology through her agent but I wonder if it has occurred to her to offer monetary assistance to the family of the woman who died? Maybe burial expenses or something? I don't know much about Brandy but I do think, from what I do know, that she is a good person and I know this is probably weighing on her heavily."

I was invloved in an accident one time long ago where a 14 year old boy WALKED INTO the side of my moving vehicle. He was hospitalized for 3 days or so, had surgery for a broken leg.

Everybody knew he would be fine all along, and it was clearly not my fault.
But I felt really bad and wanted to contact his family to express my sorrow, etc.

The attorney for my insurance company absolutely forbade me to do so! Said there was to be no contact whatsoever, that it could be construed as an admission of guilt in court.

Being very young at the time, I obeyed the attorney. And felt just awful!

Don't know if things have changed, but I doubt it.

(The family in my case did not ever try to sue or anything like that)

Its so sad, especially for the family of the 38 year old. Technically she would still be held accountable whether or not she did the fatal crash. She was the one in the back who technically lost control of her car and caused the multiple crashes.

It wouldnt matter if you slammed on your brakes for an animal, the person who hit you from behind would be responsible for hitting you and being too close to be able to stop or as another person posted talking on the phone. Which in my opinion should be illegal in every state. NO ONE is that busy that they cant pull over for a minute into a business or side street and make a phone call. Its always the idiots who have the phone on their ear who dont pay attention to lights, the road or stop signs. Its a huge pet peeve of mine.

Luckily Brandy s Ok but other female soul/R &B singers have not been so lucky--Aalyiah, who became a star at 15 with her "Age ain't nuthin but a number" hit, was killed in a plane crash at age 22 and one of the three girl singers from the '90's Supergroup TLC was killed in a car accident in Central America a few years ago

Report: Brandy Caused Fatal Accident
The Web site TMZ.com reported that the accident happened at 10:30 a.m. on Dec. 30, 2006 on the 405 Freeway in Los Angeles, when Brandy Norwood was driving her Land Rover at 65 miles per hour and didn't realize that the cars in front of her were moving at a much slower rate.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni