1217 users online (241 members and 976 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Peggy Lakins Book: Journey Beyond Reason

Can anyone tell me anything about this book?

Quote Originally Posted by Solace
    Can anyone tell me anything about this book?
    It's full of resources - some of which are hard to find on the web nowadays. It's a very useful book.
    This is only my opinion

Let the focus be on Madeleine

Together we can make a difference

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Member of Websleuths since April 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    It's full of resources - some of which are hard to find on the web nowadays. It's a very useful book.
    Jayelles,

Thank you. It looks interesting. Is this a book without an opinion or is Lakins of the belief the parents are involved?

Jayelles,

Thank you. It looks interesting. Is this a book without an opinion or is Lakins of the belief the parents are involved?
    The book is very interesting, for it was written by a moderator on another excellent JonBenet forum (Crime & Justice), Peggy Lakin (poster name 'Little'), and several internet posters have added their input and research to the book.
    The more she dug into this this case, the more Peggy Lakin has become convinced that the Ramseys must be involved in the death of their daughter.
    The book contains a list of items the police removed from the house, it compares the differing time lines the Ramseys have offered in their changed versions of their story, and it also has an interesting chapter about the founder of Websleuths, Tricia Griffith.
    It contains Delmar England's very interesting and detailed analysis of the so-called 'garrote', where he exposes the contraption as faked and only done for staging purposes.
    Also in the book is D. England's analysis of the ransom note, and his compelling letter to the Mary Keenan (Lacy). Although what D. England has written can also be found on the ACandyRose site, I have found it very helpful to have it all together in a book.
    The book contains excerpts from ST's book and from PMPT, and quite a few news articles, most of them by Charlie Brennan frorm the Rocky Mountan News who has covered the case right from the start.
    Lou Smit's absurd intruder theory is pretty much picked apart by both Delmar England and P. Lakin (and rightly so imo!).
    There is info about the Ramseys' inner circle in JBR and a thought-provoking chapter 10 where the actions of the Ramseys are questioned. For behavior is circumstantial evidence too.
    Together with ST's book, Journey Beyond Reason is my favorite book on the case.

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    The book is very interesting, for it was written by a moderator on another excellent JonBenet forum (Crime & Justice), Peggy Lakin (poster name 'Little'), and several internet posters have added their input and research to the book.
    The more she dug into this this case, the more Peggy Lakin has become convinced that the Ramseys must be involved in the death of their daughter.
    The book contains a list of items the police removed from the house, it compares the differing time lines the Ramseys have offered in their changed versions of their story, and it also has an interesting chapter about the founder of Websleuths, Tricia Griffith.
    It contains Delmar England's very interesting and detailed analysis of the so-called 'garrote', where he exposes the contraption as faked and only done for staging purposes.
    Also in the book is D. England's analysis of the ransom note, and his compelling letter to the Mary Keenan (Lacy). Although what D. England has written can also be found on the ACandyRose site, I have found it very helpful to have it all together in a book.
    The book contains excerpts from ST's book and from PMPT, and quite a few news articles, most of them by Charlie Brennan frorm the Rocky Mountan News who has covered the case right from the start.
    Lou Smit's absurd intruder theory is pretty much picked apart by both Delmar England and P. Lakin (and rightly so imo!).
    There is info about the Ramseys' inner circle in JBR and a thought-provoking chapter 10 where the actions of the Ramseys are questioned. For behavior is circumstantial evidence too.
    Thanks so much Rash.

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    Hey Rash, is this an Ebook? So Little wrote it eh? I am very interested in reading it. I've never heard of it before now. Thanks Solace for bringing it up. Going to google it now...

Quote Originally Posted by cami
    Hey Rash, is this an Ebook? So Little wrote it eh? I am very interested in reading it. I've never heard of it before now. Thanks Solace for bringing it up. Going to google it now...
    Hi Cami, Happy New Year!. You can buy it on line by paying for a pdf version or you can buy the book version.

I'm definitely going to have to get a copy. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to Google to search for info and came up with posts of Little's bearing articles and links and everything I was looking for. She's amazing.

[QUOTE=Nuisanceposter]I'm definitely going to have to get a copy. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to Google to search for info and came up with posts of Little's bearing articles and links and everything I was looking for. She's amazing.[/QUOTE]

You can click on the thread at the opening of this site and it lists all the books. I would like to read Det. Arndt's version of things also.

I found it. I am reading the first chapter now. It is an ebook Solace.

I found it. I am reading the first chapter now. It is an ebook Solace.
    What is an e-booK? You pay for it right then and there and can then print it?

Hi Cami, Happy New Year!. You can buy it on line by paying for a pdf version or you can buy the book version.

Hey same to you Solace...hope it's a good lucky year for you. I hope this book is more than just newspaper articles. That's all the first chapter is and it contains grammar and spelling errors and repeats some of the articles.

I'm sorry I'm just a real spelling and grammar nazi..I used to edit copy.

What is an e-booK? You pay for it right then and there and can then print it?

Yep, they download it to your computer. You need Acrobat which you can download for free. I am going to purchase the ebook and start reading. I'd like to read Det. Arndt's book as well and..well I'd like to read them all. But I still cannot get into PMPT..I've had that book for years but it drives me to try and read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter
    I'm definitely going to have to get a copy. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to Google to search for info and came up with posts of Little's bearing articles and links and everything I was looking for. She's amazing.
    She is amazing. I used to post at c&j for years but only on MacDonald and Darlie and she was one of the mods....

Yep, they download it to your computer. You need Acrobat which you can download for free. I am going to purchase the ebook and start reading. I'd like to read Det. Arndt's book as well and..well I'd like to read them all. But I still cannot get into PMPT..I've had that book for years but it drives me to try and read it.
    I agree 1000%. The interviews every chapter with people is just exhausting and most times not relevant AT ALL.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast