FL - Boy Survives Attack Of 4 Pit Bulls

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
TAMPA, Fla. -- A Tampa boy is recovering after being mauled by four pit bulls on Tuesday.

Police said the boy, whose age was not released, was walking near an intersection Thursday evening when four pit bulls went after him. The dogs had escaped from their owner's yard.

Reports said the dogs chased the boy across four lanes of traffic before pouncing on him when he slipped and fell.

http://www.wesh.com/news/10832079/detail.html

I was glad to hear both the boy and the woman who helped him will be okay.

STOP IT,, beyond belief. that's nothing but lies, lies, LIES!!! evil slander!!!!!!!!!!!!! discrimination!!!!! dog racism!!!!!!!!!
the poor little dears... were they hurt...??

For all the people that were in the pet corner the other week defending pit bulls - here we go again.

I am so glad the kid is okay, it could have been worse.

The least these people who own this breed of dog could do is keep their yard secure.

but too many idiots out there DON'T,, and they NEVER WILL. and they will just breed more, and more, and more, and more and more. (idiots AND pit bulls). and therein lies a huge part of the problem.

reb said:
but too many idiots out there DON'T,, and they NEVER WILL. and they will just breed more, and more, and more, and more and more. (idiots AND pit bulls). and therein lies a huge part of the problem.
I couldn't agree more.

It's like it is a symbol of being an idiot, just own a pit bull.

uh oh..... i think you just hit the hornet's nest with a stick,, narlacat!! you better run..... LOL

reb said:
uh oh..... i think you just hit the hornet's nest with a stick,, narlacat!! you better run..... LOL

You can run but you can't hide lol

Wow - I am so happy this little boy is alive. Four pitbulls - unbelievable. I truly think this breed should be outlawed.

Here we go again here we go againherewegoagain!! %$#^&*! I am so sick of this. So they just went after him. No provocation, no nothing. And why am I not surprised? If I had a pit bull in the neighborhood, believe me, my son would be teaching me how to use his shotgun. I'm NOT kidding.

Eve

The woman who stopped her car IMO saved this boys life and I hope she is recognized as the hero she is!!!
I'm also wondering what will happen as far as the dogs owner is concerned, all it said was that the owner was cited for not keeping the dogs secure. Will the owner be held responsible for all the medical bills etc for the 2 victims?
Will they be allowed to keep the 4 dogs even tho they attacked a child?

My fiance and I are looking for a dog to adopt after we get married and a big concern of our is of course the dogs temperment. With all the horror stories I hear about pit bulls I have to say I would not feel safe bringing one into our neighborhood. Not saying attacks are only done by PB but for me the risk of something happening would be to great.

VB

vegas bride (love your name!)... good luck in picking out your new 4-legged family member! i think that is a wise choice... and remember that once you find a dog who becomes a beloved companion.. you also have to protect them from pit bulls. always keep your eyes peeled and be alert. this goes for any dog that may be aggressive to yours ... and sometimes, of course, dogs just 'posture' with each other and get into scuffles to work out their pecking order-- that's to be expected at dog parks and whatnot.. but these dogs are especially dangerous. sure there may be some sweet ones out there, but why take the chance? it isn't worth it.

p.s.-- and i agree, this woman is a true HERO!!!!!

"Guns-don't-kill-people, people-kill-people".....

Oops! I mean "Pit-bulls-don't-maim-people, irresponsible-Pit-Bull-owners-maim-People"...

Here we go again is right....:doh:

sandraladeda said:
"Guns-don't-kill-people, people-kill-people".....

Oops! I mean "Pit-bulls-don't-maim-people, irresponsible-Pit-Bull-owners-maim-People"...

Here we go again is right....:doh:

Yeah, well this person would use a gun to kill an attacking pit bull on her property. :furious:

Actually, I've never shot a gun and am somewhat tongue in cheek here, (and hoping it never happens) because I would want to shoot it but if it were attacking, I'd be too afraid I'd miss and shoot the person being attacked. I wouldn't risk that, so really, I probably wouldn't shoot. Now if my son (a very good shot) were around, it would be a harder decision. If he had a clear shot I wouldn't hesitate to encourage him.

But tell me, (anyone) if a pb attacked you or someone you were with, what would you do?

Eve

eve said:
But tell me, (anyone) if a pb attacked you or someone you were with, what would you do?

Eve
I think I'd have to shoot it. And then have it stuffed and on display in my house. :p

Hiya Eve! :blowkiss:

reb said:
vegas bride (love your name!)... good luck in picking out your new 4-legged family member! i think that is a wise choice... and remember that once you find a dog who becomes a beloved companion.. you also have to protect them from pit bulls. always keep your eyes peeled and be alert. this goes for any dog that may be aggressive to yours ... and sometimes, of course, dogs just 'posture' with each other and get into scuffles to work out their pecking order-- that's to be expected at dog parks and whatnot.. but these dogs are especially dangerous. sure there may be some sweet ones out there, but why take the chance? it isn't worth it.

p.s.-- and i agree, this woman is a true HERO!!!!!
Hello reb :)
You're right about us having to be ready to protect our dog from the chance of attack. As many stories as we hear just on websleuths, attacks happen way to often and people do need to think about what they should do in case we're attacked or our pet is. I wonder if this woman had something in her car to help fight the dog off? I now find myself thinking it might not be a bad idea to have a bat in the backseat just in case?

VB

Pit bulls only in zoos, i say. it just doesn't make sense to own one, no matter how strongly a person believes in their nature.

i wait for more stories, day by day — i don't want them, but they'll happen — of children and adults being attacked/dying from a pit bull's teeth.

eve said:
Here we go again here we go againherewegoagain!! %$#^&*! I am so sick of this. So they just went after him. No provocation, no nothing. And why am I not surprised? If I had a pit bull in the neighborhood, believe me, my son would be teaching me how to use his shotgun. I'm NOT kidding.

Eve
-----------

Amen to that Eve. I am glad I live in a City where PitBulls are banned.

Vegas Bride said:
Hello reb :)
You're right about us having to be ready to protect our dog from the chance of attack. As many stories as we hear just on websleuths, attacks happen way to often and people do need to think about what they should do in case we're attacked or our pet is. I wonder if this woman had something in her car to help fight the dog off? I now find myself thinking it might not be a bad idea to have a bat in the backseat just in case?

VB
Vegas Bride---it's a good idea to carry a weapon in your car period. I do---not necessarily if I run into an attacking animal---but if I run into an attacking human, I have the tools available to me to turn any immediate threat to my or my loved ones safety into a sobbing, pitiful pile of "non-threat" within seconds. LOL, it's sad, but it's necessary in todays world to always be able to protect yourself.

Hey Hon--

I know you're talking faceteously. Please delete your post before someone takes you seriously. :)
And as you say, if they DID happen to get loose, and come in your yard, of course you'd be justified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back