1116 users online (231 members and 885 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UT - Jennifer Klein, 3, Moab, 25 May 1974

Does anyone have any information on Jennifer Klein, the 3 year old girl kidnapped in 1974 in Utah? There is very little information out there. I think they looked at her for a possible DNA match to Sharon Marshall but ruled that out. Her picture is so precious and I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who looks like her so she stays on my mind alot. I have never heard anything about her family or how they a have coped over the years either. So sad.

LE didn't interview anyone from the campground!!!!! For all they know that little girl could have been in someones camper and they got away. I've never heard of LE not interviewing everyone that was around for pity sake. Such a cute little girl. Someone had to have been right there and just grabbed her. I wonder if the vehicle was still parked by the parents camper after this little girl disappeared or was it gone? Such a sad situation. Her poor parents.

I know, I couldn't believe that either! You would think they would at least interview people if nothing else. Weird. I guess it's possible she wandered off and got lost but I lean more toward someone kidnapping her. I feel so sorry for the family. All these years and nothing. I wish reporters, news shows, etc. would give these older cases more attention. I mean, I realize there is only so much to report when there isn't any movement in a case but just an update on the family or SOMETHING.

Quote Originally Posted by watermelonlady
    I know, I couldn't believe that either! You would think they would at least interview people if nothing else. Weird. I guess it's possible she wandered off and got lost but I lean more toward someone kidnapping her. I feel so sorry for the family. All these years and nothing. I wish reporters, news shows, etc. would give these older cases more attention. I mean, I realize there is only so much to report when there isn't any movement in a case but just an update on the family or SOMETHING.

Maybe if someone with "new eyes" took over this case they might see something that the previous detectives didn't see. I wonder if they were ever able to talk to all of the people that were at the campground that day? I think someone took that little girl too. She could still be alive and not even know that she was kidnapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    Maybe if someone with "new eyes" took over this case they might see something that the previous detectives didn't see. I wonder if they were ever able to talk to all of the people that were at the campground that day? I think someone took that little girl too. She could still be alive and not even know that she was kidnapped.
    I tend to go with this theory...don't ask me why, but for some reason I imagine that Jenny wandered off on her own, and happened to stumble across a couple who had either a) lost a child or b) were unable to have a child, and they just took her and kept her as their own.

i'm an optimist, I know.
    "well, in my mind, my opinion is not so humble at all...it's just my opinion"

Megan Kanka
    December 7, 1986 - July 31, 1994
    forever missed

Someone, somewhere knows what happened to CRYSTAL TYMICH

Details of Disappearance

Klein was last seen while she and her family were camping at a campground approximately ten miles north of Moab, Utah. Klein was playing in the sand by the river with her parents and older brother when her father went back to their camper to retrieve something. There was a dogfight while he was gone and everyone was watching the dogs. While Klein's mother and brother were distracted, Klein disappeared.
    Klein has never been heard from again. Her parents cannot recall anyone at the campground being interviewed about her disappearance. Many of the guests were transients who could not be found later. There was an old car parked between Klein's camper and the river at the time Klein disappeared; it is unknown if the vehicle had anything to do with her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
    BBM. A three year old, playing in the sand by the river, nobody watching her. She could easily have drowned.
    Does anyone know about the river? Was it ever searched?

Such a beautiful girl!
    I would be very interested in more information about the dog fight happening that took everyones attention. Could that have been started just for the purpose of grabbing this little girl?

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post
    Such a beautiful girl!
    I would be very interested in more information about the dog fight happening that took everyones attention. Could that have been started just for the purpose of grabbing this little girl?

VB
    That was my first thought, too. It's a pretty standard technique for stealing property -- one person creates a distraction while the other shoplifts, takes wallets, or whatever. It ought to work equally well on a cute 3-year-old. Even if she screamed, the noise of the dogs would have covered it.
    Last edited by carbuff; 05-06-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Such a sad matter and one that the parents and other family members have had to deal with and think about for these many years.

I am interested in a few things . . .

How close was the child to the river and was it flowing quickly such as after a heavy rain?

How many other people besides the parents and the brother were in the immediate area and how far were they from the child?

How long did the fight between the dogs last and how far away was that from the location where the child and family members were?

Knowing this was long before cell phones, how soon after the child was found to be missing were law enforcement people at the scene?

AMF is offline Faith dares the soul to go farther than it can see. (Wm. Clark)
    Just saw this one. I lived in Moab from 83 through 89 and never heard anything about her. This campground is on the Colorado River which would have been running high, fast, and muddy in May. Beaches are poor description of sand bars along the shore. If she slipped in, she could have easily be carried in the high water through the canyons of the Colorado until the river hits Lake Powell then all that silt, mud, sink to the bottom. It would have been miles to a phone. Such as sad story.

Unfortunately, I lean toward an accidental drowning in this case due to the close proximity to the water. I say unfortunately, because if someone had abducted her we could always hope it was a person who desperately wanted a child to raise, and that would mean she is alive and well somewhere.

I also had the fleeting thought that this was the year Ted Bundy began killing and abducting young women in Utah, although it wasn't until the fall as far as is known, and a child this young doesn't fit his victim profile as we know it. There is Ann Marie Burr whom he is suspected of taking when he was a teenager, and I believe she was only eight years old, so who knows? Many serial killers will not admit to child abductions and murders for fear of being thought of as a "pervert", as if what they are doing to young women isn't sick and perverted anyway.

Just a thought, and not a very serious one at that about Bundy. I really hope this child actually was taken by someone who raised her and was kind to her, it's just that with swift-moving water nearby, I feel she could have been swept away and never found.

I am disappointed to see that there is not an age progression photo of Jennifer. IF she was kidnapped, how would we be able to recognize her now? I know that she would be 41 years old now, but...
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

Bumping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast