1124 users online (231 members and 893 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prehistoric Shark Filmed in Japan

A prehistoric Sea Frill deep sea shark showed up off the coast of Japan. They are rarely ever seen inless they are sick and dying and usually they are only seen by boat far out at sea. This one died hours after being filmed. It is spooky looking. It has red gills, a bulbous head and eel like body.

http://www.comcast.net/providers/fan...an/default.xml

There maybe a commercial right before the video of the shark.

I saw that one on the news! Freaky looking thing! My first thought was "Nessy!" lol
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    I wonder if it normally swims that way, or if it was sort of stilted because it was sick? Same with the creepy sounds...

Not being one to register for comcast, i found this youtube film:

http://seehere.blogspot.com/2007/01/...off-japan.html

very eerie-looking indeed!

the film is probably what you all have seen in the initial link.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching
    I saw that one on the news! Freaky looking thing! My first thought was "Nessy!" lol
    I posted this in the Jury room the other day and that was my first thought too, then 'eww wonder what else is down there'........lol

Trust the Japs to kill the poor thing.

Ich! Looks like the head of a shark and the body of an eel! I wonder about the details. How deep was the shark spotted? How many of these species are alive? Are any in captivity, like at SeaWorld or whatever?

[QUOTE=nanandjim]Ich! Looks like the head of a shark and the body of an eel! I wonder about the details. How deep was the shark spotted? How many of these species are alive? Are any in captivity, like at SeaWorld or whatever?[/QUOTE]

They hang out wayyy down and are rarely seen.

I think they thought they were extinct.

Don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    They hang out wayyy down and are rarely seen...
    I read that they normally are found at 400 - 4500(?) feet in the sea. However, if they are sick, they are sometimes spotted. I am wondering at what level this shark was spotted and if it were sick?

It's a pretty brutal- looking creature--certainly has a prehistoric look to it--imagine the whole ocean being filled with those things

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    I read that they normally are found at 400 - 4500(?) feet in the sea. However, if they are sick, they are sometimes spotted. I am wondering at what level this shark was spotted and if it were sick?
    I hear 600, either way they are not cruising around on the top of the ocean, luckily..........lol

I don't know if it was sick, I just heard it died and thought, geez why couldn't they just take a photo and then leave it alone....maybe it was sick and they were trying to help it.....just doesn't sound like something the Japs would do...they usually kill anything that swims.

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    I posted this in the Jury room the other day and that was my first thought too, then 'eww wonder what else is down there'........lol

Trust the Japs to kill the poor thing.
    That's kind of a racist statement... "the japs?" how rude!!

Quote Originally Posted by pedinurse
    That's kind of a racist statement... "the japs?" how rude!!
    The Japanese, that better?

It's called abbreviation.

Well,i think it may be a little racist--think the only people that still call them Japs are those that grew up in the 1940's,and read about their atrocities back then--But Narla, you are right about their lack of sympathy for sea creatures--They've clubbed to death countless porpoises that interfered with their fishing and I believe they still hunt whales(or did) despite a ban on killing them

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton
    Well,i think it may be a little racist--think the only people that still call them Japs are those that grew up in the 1940's,and read about their atrocities back then--But Narla, you are right about their lack of sympathy for sea creatures--They've clubbed to death countless porpoises that interfered with their fishing and I believe they still hunt whales(or did) despite a ban on killing them
    Ok, it wasn't meant to be, for everyone I offended- sorry.

See link:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/...ectid=10419439

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Hee. Love the part about the 'can opener'. I hope they don't have to use it, but if they do I support them. I am no 'tree hugger', but the Japanese should not be allowed to do this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast