1182 users online (231 members and 951 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

PA - Lower Providence, WhtFem 402UFPA, 65-75, Crocheted Slippers, Feb'74

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/402ufpa.html

Unidentified White Female

• The victim was discovered on February 9, 1974 Near Old Baptist Road in Lower Providence Twp, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
    • Estimated Date of Death: Mid-December 1973
    • Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 65 - 75 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5" - 5'10"
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: An anthropometric study of the remains revealed that the victim had a short neck and bowed back due to an arthritic condition.
    • Clothing: Remains were clothed in a corset, bra, girdle, light-colored knit dress, smock (orange in color with light-colored flower designs), stockings and hand-crocheted purple slippers.
    • Fingerprints: Not available

Case History
    On February 9, 1974 the Pennsylvania State Police recovered the skeletal remains of a white female from the Skippack Creek bed near Old Baptist Road, Lower Providence Township, PA.
    The victims foot, which was detached from the leg, was found in a Marvel Enriched Bread plastic bag.

Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-22-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Bumping her up

Okay, I'll bite. "Detached from her leg." They do not say dismembered, they say detached. Is this the report writer being sensitive, or do they mean detached, as in removed after her death, and placed in the bag then? I hate reports that don't say they mean.

Also, if they do mean that she was dismembered, is there any way of getting word on what was used? They can sometimes make that call from bones or tissue, tool marks are wonderful information.

I'm sure that a profile would say that it was a teenager, since crimes among the elderly are usually committed by the young. However, the dismemberment (if it was such) puts a new spin on that. Youthful offenders offend agaisnt the elderly because they aren't confident or sure of themselves, they are not up to dismemberment yet, that's an older crime. That's why I want clarification on "detached", that could even mean a prosthetic.

Also, if she was dismembered, then that puts her in a class with a whole lot of dismemberments in PA over the years.

I haven't found anyone very promising as a match, although I have looked, I have found one woman that is too young and too short and another that is in too good of health, no mention of arthritis.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    I have say this, my mother sometimes uses bread bags to put a sandwich in when she works, and everytime she does that now, I'm going to think about that foot! How bizarre to think "oh, I'll just put it in this here breadbag. How handy!"

I wonder if the foot in the bag also had a slipper on? It's interesting that she had on a corset, girdle, stockings, bra, dress, smock, and slippers. I wonder if she was sexually assaulted. Could she have been at home cooking something? Hence the slippers and smock- or did the killer dress her the way he imagined women dress?

Perhaps he started to dismember her and found it "distasteful".
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

bump...

I don't see a NamUs profile....
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Tammie McCormick, 13, missing since 1986 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128676

Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, missing since 2007 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55811

When they say smock I think of a housecoat older ladies wear with snaps in the front.

Working with the elderly I've noticed most older women have these smock-like dresses that they throw on during the day of they get chilled or want to lay down for a nap.

I don't know anyone who would go outside with them on, so I tend to agree with she was surprised at home.
    The world is fierce but lots of fun.

Especially since she was fully dressed otherwise.

Bump for this lady some one somewhere is missing her.

http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/hudsonalice.html

This woman disappeared with a red house dress with light colored flowers.

I know she disappeared in may and this woman was believed to be dumped on December, but the clothing is so close. And I think the locations are roughly an hour away.

Alice Miriam Hudson
    Missing May 16, 1973 from Logan Twp, Blair County

Vital Statistics
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 58
    Estimated Height: 5'
    Weight: 140 lbs
    Hair Color: dark, graying
    Clothing: a yellow flowered house dress, a light & dark blue checkered all weather coat, eye glasses and was carrying a tapestry bag.
    Dentals: has dentures

Case Details
    On Wednesday, May 16, 1973 at around 6:30 a.m., Alice's husband drove her to work at Tritex Sportswear, Inc., just a few miles from their home. Later that day, an official of Tritex called the Hudson residence, asking why Alice had not come to work.
    Her husband returned home at around 4pm that afternoon and found that his supper had been prepared, but Alice was not at home. He found, instead, a 3-page note from her. In the note, she discussed her previous employment and family matters. By all accounts, the Hudsons had no marital problems and lived in a nice home but, along with the note, Alice also left behind her house key, wallet and Social Security card.
    Ground searches conducted by the Logan Twp Police, area volunteer firemen and Civil Defense personnel had negative results.
    Alice's mother died in September 1973. Her husband died was in 1976. Alice failed to show up at either funeral.
    Decades later, Alice Hudson remains missing.

The height is a little off. Does the UID have dentures? the recon looks kind of toothless to me

I noticed that too. They do list any health problems for Hudson... Barely any info on her either because they think she chose to left. Everything was a guesstimate along with her photo which wasn't very recent it seems.

The clothing is what really got me. It's my first time trying to make a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    The height is a little off. Does the UID have dentures? the recon looks kind of toothless to me
    It doesn't say; only skeletal remains where found so I'd assume no teeth were found; they don't mention any with the UID

http://canyouidentifyme.org/Montgome...oeFebruary1974

snipped
    This woman's skeletal remains were found by children who carried her skull home to their parents. When the police arrived to search they found the woman's remains and her foot had been detached. Her left foot was found in a Marvel Bread plastic bag and it was still wearing the purple slipper.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2912dfne.html

This woman was from Nebraska which is a fair jaunt, however I think she resembles the drawing; and she was overweight like the UID, and was wearing a housecoat when last seen.

She did disappear with her husband, and was reported missing in August. They guesstimate the UID death to have occurred in December which would be plenty of time for them to end up in Pennsylvania, or to have had someone dump her body there... but what about the husband...?

edit: The Charley Project site for Mary says that it is believed that her and her husband committed suicide together after buying a map of the Nebraska-Kansas area. I don't really think there would be any reason not to believe that and if that's the case there is no reason for her foot to be in a bread bag.
    Last edited by pianokiller; 12-02-2012 at 01:31 PM.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...kus_julia.html
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/615dfpa.html

Disappeared in Pennsylvania in 1972, but was believed to be alive for sometime after that. No medical problems, height, weight, anything listed though...

I don't mean to spam the board, I just don't understand why she's still unknown. She could have been someone's mother, grandmother, aunt... Maybe it's because I work with the elderly but I really want to try to work on this case. It's my first case I'm really investing time in, so I don't really know if I'm doing things right.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast