972 users online (186 members and 786 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MS - Henry Dee & Charles Moore, both 19, murdered, Meadville, 2 May 1964

link

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

another link

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

I remember reading about the 3 civil rights workers who were murdered in 1964, but had never heard of this case. It is impossible for me to get a grip on how anyone could hate someone so much for no other reason than skin color. I hope this case is pursued and the perpetrators, no matter how old or decrepit they are now, die in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    I remember reading about the 3 civil rights workers who were murdered in 1964, but had never heard of this case. It is impossible for me to get a grip on how anyone could hate someone so much for no other reason than skin color. I hope this case is pursued and the perpetrators, no matter how old or decrepit they are now, die in prison.
    Thank you Opie for your post.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

This was 160 miles from Philadelphia, Ms. but the hatred was rampart. I, too, hope it is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I am a southerner always have been but not akin to this thinking and would never condone it.

I remember it though.

MS - Klansman James Seale charged in 1964 murders of two teens

WASHINGTON -- An infamous moment in the struggle for black civil rights in the South has returned to the headlines after a former Mississippi sheriff's deputy was arrested on Wednesday in connection with a cold case that's more than four decades old.

James Ford Seale has been charged in the 1964 slayings of two black teenagers who were long believed to have been kidnapped and killed by the Ku Klux Klan.

http://www.wftv.com/news/10838335/detail.html

Thank-you Opie and CP,

Former Mississippi Sheriff's Deputy Pleads Not Guilty

JACKSON, Miss. A reputed Ku Klux Klansman and former sheriff's deputy pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges in the deaths of two black hitchhikers, four decades after their decomposed remains were found in the Mississippi River.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

Thank you for the links Dark Shadows.Its so sad it has taken so many years for an arrest in this case.Thank goodness the family will finally have some justice for their sons.
    Carolyn Pruyser missing since May 17,1984 please read her about her case Here

Quote Originally Posted by Alta
    Thank you for the links Dark Shadows.Its so sad it has taken so many years for an arrest in this case.Thank goodness the family will finally have some justice for their sons.
    Hello Alta,
    Thank-you for your post. It is much appreciated.
    Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

This happened a lifetime ago - before I was born! I wonder if he did anything wrong in the 40 + years since then.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard
    This happened a lifetime ago - before I was born! I wonder if he did anything wrong in the 40 + years since then.
    Yes, he did---he lived, freely experiencing the joys and happiness that life provides, while his teenaged victims lay six feet under without the ability to feel anything.

There's no statute of limitations on murder. Put yourself in the familys position---does the passage of time negate the crime in any way?

He should pay the price---I don't care if he has lived a model life for the last 40 years. There is some bad things that faux goodness just can't erase. He may have made some changes in his life, but he is still the same core person today as he was 4 decades ago. Lock him up & throw away the key!!!!

I wasn't saying it excused him. I was just wondering outloud.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Wonderful testament of a brother's love and seeking justice for his murdered brother.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/01/25/mi...ase/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by julianne
    ...He should pay the price---I don't care if he has lived a model life for the last 40 years. There is some bad things that faux goodness just can't erase. He may have made some changes in his life, but he is still the same core person today as he was 4 decades ago. Lock him up & throw away the key!!!!
    These probably weren't the only kids that he murdered. It's really pathetic when people have to fear the law as well as the KKK and other prejudiced people living in their area. Can you imagine?

My ex-husband and I lived in Meridian, MS, in the 1980's, when he was in the military. We attended a party at a clubhouse in a residential neighborhood. There was a nice, black pilot who also attended the party as he was a member of the squadron.

During the course of the party, at least two white men approached the hosts of the party and told them that if they did not make the black guy leave the clubhouse immediately that he would end up dead in the lake there. I couldn't believe it! The guy was gracious and said not to worry about it and that he would leave. My husband and I were indignant; and we left, too. How scary and pathetic!

Also, in the 1980's, the gas stations regularly had "Out of Order" signs on their restrooms. They did not want black people to use the restrooms but would let the white people use them. I know this for a fact because I was told so by a worker at one of these places when I remarked that so many places had restrooms which were not working!

I don't know how it is now and have often wondered how much it has changed--or not...

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    These probably weren't the only kids that he murdered. It's really pathetic when people have to fear the law as well as the KKK and other prejudiced people living in their area. Can you imagine?

My ex-husband and I lived in Meridian, MS, in the 1980's, when he was in the military. We attended a party at a clubhouse in a residential neighborhood. There was a nice, black pilot who also attended the party as he was a member of the squadron.

During the course of the party, at least, two white men approached the hosts of the party and told them that if they did not make the black guy leave the Clubhouse immediately that he would end up dead in the lake there. I couldn't believe it! The guy was gracious and said not to worry about it and that he would leave. My husband and I were indignant; and we left, too. How scary and pathetic!

Also, in the 1980's, the gas stations regularly had "Out of Order" signs on their restrooms. They did not want black people to use the restrooms but would like the white people use them. I know this for a fact because I was told so by a worker at one of these places.

I don't know how it is now and have often wondered how much it has changed--or not...
    Yes, it has changed and not likely you would ever see anything like that again. All of this info that comes out prevents it from ever rolling back into a sesspool of prejudice and injustice.

BTW, as a kid growing up in Louisiana there were two water fountains..one for whites and one for blacks. I am not kidding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast