1170 users online (251 members and 919 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

MT - Loic Rogers, 3, Kalispell, 25 January 2007

Just read this in the news this morning.

"Subject was outside residence awaiting parent. Parent went inside momentarily and when returned child was missing."

http://www.montanaamberalert.com/

http://www.krem.com/news/local/stori....1ad14489.html

I have a three year old. I can't imagine leaving her outside for even a split second, and I'm in a relatively safe neighborhood. When will people learn that you cannot take your eyes off your kids, ever! Especially a 3 year old. I pray he is found safe.

Oh no, not another one. I pray they find this little boy safe.

This happened Tuesday evening. The child has still not been found.
    http://www.kxly.com/news/?sect_rank=...&story_id=7969

"KALISPELL, MONT. -- More than a hundred people are searching today for a three-year-old boy, missing since 6:45 Thursday night in the Kalispell suburb of Evergreen.

Loic Rogers had been playing at the home of a family friend. His father says he walked his son out to their van around 6:45, and left him unattended for two minutes. When he came back the boy was gone.

The Flathead County sheriff's department has been leading an exhaustive search since last night, with volunteers on the ground, and on snowmobiles and ATV's.

Sheriff Mike Meehan says they're considering the possibility the boy was kidnapped.

Meehan says he's received multiple reports of a man going door to door -- claiming to be selling Tupperware -- in the same area and around the same time the boy went missing.

The sheriff says if the child wandered off, it would have been difficult for him to survive overnight in the cold weather."

"Loic Rogers had been playing at the home of a family friend. His father says he walked his son out to their van around 6:45, and left him unattended for two minutes. When he came back the boy was gone."

"Two minutes" to me is an extremely long time to leave your child, especially a 3 year old, unattended. I wonder if the father buckled him into his car seat or shut the car door? I would be most worried about him climbing out of the car and wandering into the street. Sit silent and watch the clock for two minutes. It's quite a bit of time. I'll tell you if I left my daughter in my bathroom unattended for 2 minutes I would lose my shampoo/conditioner down the toilet and my favorite lipstick would be smeared across her beautiful little face.

I think my post sounds like I'm being harsh. I'm just so tired of hearing about innocent children disappearing. Being taken from their parents, you can only imagine the fear, panic and God knows what else they go through, wondering where their parents are, it just makes me cry. I look at my little girl and just could not imagine. Call me paranoid, but even when I'm outside with her gardening or whatnot... I won't even look away to turn my hose on - I make her go with me.

My neighbors don't have a lock on their front door. They have 4 children 10 and under, they leave them home alone so many times. Even the 4 year old is left alone. I've had conversations with them about not locking up. They laugh at me and say that we live in such a safe neighborhood. Well, last week, the elementary school had two attempted child abductions. No where is safe. It's sad and it's sick. When will it stop?

I'm sorry for the vent. It's just all very frustrating isn't, especially having to raise children today.

Exclamation Amber Alert Issued for Missing 3-Year-Old Montana Boy Jan 25,2007

link

AP

Family photo provided by Flathead County, Mo., Sheriffs Office of Loic J.M. Rogers, last seen on Jan. 25; an Amber Alert was issued.

KALISPELL, Mont. Dozens of volunteers joined authorities Thursday in the search for a missing 3-year-old boy last seen Wednesday night in the unincorporated town of Evergreen near here.

Officials issued an Amber Alert for Loic J.M. Rogers on Thursday morning after a search, which began shortly after he disappeared, failed to turn up any trace of the boy.

Authorities said Loic's father reported last seeing him at about 7 p.m. Wednesday after finishing dinner at a relative's house in Evergreen.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    link

http://www.foxnews.com/images/257066...rt_Montana.jpg AP

Family photo provided by Flathead County, Mo., Sheriffs Office of Loic J.M. Rogers, last seen on Jan. 25; an Amber Alert was issued.

KALISPELL, Mont. Dozens of volunteers joined authorities Thursday in the search for a missing 3-year-old boy last seen Wednesday night in the unincorporated town of Evergreen near here.

Officials issued an Amber Alert for Loic J.M. Rogers on Thursday morning after a search, which began shortly after he disappeared, failed to turn up any trace of the boy.

Authorities said Loic's father reported last seeing him at about 7 p.m. Wednesday after finishing dinner at a relative's house in Evergreen.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows
    Thank you dark shadows for posting this. It just seems so odd. Little Loic was not left in a public parking lot where the chances are increased for a creep to be there at the right time to take him. He was also allegedly not left out playing or left out alone for any length of time.

Loic's father said he brought his little boy to the car and ran back inside for just a minute. If that is true then there was just a small window of time for the right creep to come by to take him.

Of course, that is entirely possible; however, I wonder if he wandered off and is lost. Does anyone know if the area where he disappeared is rural?

I hope and pray for Loic's safe return. And, I pray for his family.

Lion

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Hi, Dark_shadows

Thanks for starting the thread about this darling little missing child - Loic! Let's pray he is soon found, safe and sound!

ETA working link to Amber alert: http://www.amberalert.com/

It is supposed to go down to about 16F there tonight and is probably around 28 right now.

I hope they find him very quickly. He is just adorable, poor baby! They must be frantic.

The area on mapquest arial doesn't look too rural, but there is the Flathead River which doesn't look far depending on where they were at the time. I did see mentioned where a fella was supposedly selling door-to-door tupperware in the area tho. A huge concern, too...but could be a good lead.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching
    I hope they find him very quickly. He is just adorable, poor baby! They must be frantic.

The area on mapquest arial doesn't look too rural, but there is the Flathead River which doesn't look far depending on where they were at the time. I did see mentioned where a fella was supposedly selling door-to-door tupperware in the area tho. A huge concern, too...but could be a good lead.

Yes, he is a real cutie, for sure! Loic is a very unusual name! First time I'd heard it, at least.

Tupperware being sold door-to-door by a fella?

That sounds a bit hinky right there, to me. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought Tupperware was sold through home parties. Anyone else have any thoughts or ever heard of a door-to-door Tupperware salesman?

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Yes, he is a real cutie, for sure! Loic is a very unusual name! First time I'd heard it, at least.

Tupperware being sold door-to-door by a fella?

That sounds a bit hinky right there, to me. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought Tupperware was sold through home parties. Anyone else have any thoughts or ever heard of a door-to-door Tupperware salesman?
    Did your hinky meter go up when hearing that Liz? It does sound unusual. I have only heard of Tupperware parties where people are specifically invited to an individuals home or the like.

It may have nothing to do with the case; but, I sure hope LE is checking on that and anything else unusual. I am praying for little Loic and his family. Can you imagine the additional anguish the father feels for making that tragic choice?

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun
    Did your hinky meter go up when hearing that Liz? It does sound unusual. I have only heard of Tupperware parties where people are specifically invited to an individuals home or the like.

It may have nothing to do with the case; but, I sure hope LE is checking on that and anything else unusual. I am praying for little Loic and his family. Can you imagine the additional anguish the father feels for making that tragic choice?

Lion
    My hinky meter did even tho I am not Liz. It is unheard of in this part of the country. Always by invitation only and as a party planned ahead. Which is why I think it would be a good place to begin searching and a good clue!
    At least, they know about the guy lurking about in the neighborhood with descriptions.

I don't even want to imagine what that father is going through tonight. His grief and worry must be horrendous. How many times can you beat yourself up when your child goes missing because you left only for a 'few minutes'? I am thinking forever and gazillions, even after they hopefully are found. That would never go away for me.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Hi SeriouslySearching. We haven't heard much about what direction the investigation is going in. Hopefully, while staying out of the headlights they are going after leads including the Tupperware salesman.

I hope you are enjoying WS so far. I enjoy reading your insightful posts.

Lion

Yes Lion, it sure did!

Praying for baby Loic's safety!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    I think it's French. A friend of mine growing up had some French cousins and one of them was named Loic.

I sure hope they find him soon!!!!

Prayers for little Loic's safe return....

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast