US Navy Coptor Crashes

cheko1

Reaction score
We were notified tonight that one of the missing guys is my sons best friend. Cory is / was like a son to me. Please say a prayer in hopes they find them. The families all need prayers........thank you! I hope the link works. Kathy / cheko

Navy copter crash in Pacific kills at least one

POSTED: 9:55 p.m. EST, January 26, 2007

var clickExpire = "-1";Story Highlights

• Aircraft with four aboard goes down off California coast
• Accident occurred during routine training mission, military says
• Copter came from amphibious assault USS Bonhomme Richard

Adjust font size:
icon.minus.dim.gif
icon.minus.gif

icon.plus.gif
icon.plus.dim.gif

SAN DIEGO, California (CNN) -- A U.S. Navy helicopter crashed Friday near San Clemente Island in the Pacific Ocean, killing at least one of the four people aboard, a Navy spokesman told CNN.
cnn.com

Sorry to hear this.Hope they find Cory soon and that he is safe. Sad news.

How horrible - I am sending good positive energy his way..... {{{{ cyberhugs }}}}

This is such sad news, and I am so sorry to hear about your friend. God Bless him, his fellow service members, and his family. I hope Cory and the others are found safe quickly.

Many prayers going out to all of you

Geez that is bad news Cheko, I really hope they find Cory soon, keep us posted.

Thank you all very much!

I just talked to his Mom...they are frantic, she says she knows he is gone, that she can just feel it. Cory is married & simply adored his wife. He is / was the sweetest boy you'd ever meet. He even bought me Mother's Day cards. He re-enlisted for 5 yrs & was supposed to go to Iraq a week ago. Had 1 course he had to take which they were finishing up.

cheko1 said:
Thank you all very much!

I just talked to his Mom...they are frantic, she says she knows he is gone, that she can just feel it. Cory is married & simply adored his wife. He is / was the sweetest boy you'd ever meet. He even bought me Mother's Day cards. He re-enlisted for 5 yrs & was supposed to go to Iraq a week ago. Had 1 course he had to take which they were finishing up.

Oh cheko1, he sounds so sweet. I'm so sorry this has happened.

The Navy called off the search this evening, with no probablility of any survivors. They stated due to the icy conditions on the ocean hypothermia would of set in.

The Navy may attempt to remove the helicopter off the ocean floor. They claim it sunk in 3000 ft deep area. That is hard on the families of these young fellas.

May you rest in peace Cory! I'll always love you!!!!

Such sad news, Cheko, I'm sorry. Prayers for Cory's family & friends, as well as for everyone else who lost a loved one in this crash.

I was so sad to hear the news of this. I was even more sorry to hear that it affected one of our WS'ers personally. Just terrible news. My thoughts are with you, Cory's family and all of the families of the servicemen involved. Not to mention our servicemen and women everywhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back