1095 users online (212 members and 883 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Arrow Attempted Abduction in Tulsa, OK

The Tulsa County Sheriff's Office is investigating after a ten-year-old boy says a man tried to abduct him Friday evening in West Tulsa.

The incident happened on January 26th at about 6 p.m. Deputies say the child told them he was riding his bicycle in the area of 600 South 72nd West Avenue. That's near 7th Street and Highway 412.

The child told officers a stranger drove up in a red, two-door SUV and a white male between 20 and 30 years of age got out and grabbed the boy.

The child says he was able to fight off the man by kicking him and then ran to his home. Deputies arrived and searched the area for the suspect and the vehicle, but were unable to locate it.

Anyone with information on the attempted abduction is asked to call the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office at 596-5601.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0107/392112.html

</B></STRONG></SPAN></B></STRONG></SPAN>
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching
    The Tulsa County Sheriff's Office is investigating after a ten-year-old boy says a man tried to abduct him Friday evening in West Tulsa.

The incident happened on January 26th at about 6 p.m. Deputies say the child told them he was riding his bicycle in the area of 600 South 72nd West Avenue. That's near 7th Street and Highway 412.

The child told officers a stranger drove up in a red, two-door SUV and a white male between 20 and 30 years of age got out and grabbed the boy.

The child says he was able to fight off the man by kicking him and then ran to his home. Deputies arrived and searched the area for the suspect and the vehicle, but were unable to locate it.

Anyone with information on the attempted abduction is asked to call the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office at 596-5601.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0107/392112.html

</B></STRONG></SPAN></B></STRONG></SPAN>
    I hope they get this guy before he strikes again.

Wouldn't it be neat if registered sex offenders had to register their vehicles w/the police? List that info along with all the other info on the RSO lists. Don't do it one time and you go to jail for the rest of your life.

Of course that would only work if they are registered in the first place.

Glad to hear that this did not end tragically. Good for him for fighting back.
    Happy New Years

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom

Wouldn't it be neat if registered sex offenders had to register their vehicles w/the police? List that info along with all the other info on the RSO lists. Don't do it one time and you go to jail for the rest of your life.

First, we have to get them to register their brain so we can track that brain while living among us. Registering whatever car they decide to steal/borrow/drive for kidnapping a child seems unlikely!

I am for the ONE STRIKE law! Why do we as a society allow them a second chance for sexual abuse of our children?!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom

I don't remember which state offender site I was searching, but it did list the type automobile and tag number with the offenders other information.

(Tulsa, Okla.) January 28 - Officers say the boy did exactly what he was supposed to fight back against the man who reportedly tried to abduct him. Law enforcement say they are trying to make sure the suspect doesn't strike again. Deputies say it's also important parents and kids do what they can as well.

Residents say the area has been a pretty safe neighborhood. But now the neighborhood and law enforcement are dealing with the fact a man reportedly drove up behind Gene Canadee’s grandson, got out of his car and tried to take the boy. “He had been taught to lock his legs around the bike... so they'd have to pull him and the bike both.”

what an awesome kid!

more at link:

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/stor...4-3eb5ce98cc0b

TWO miracles in as many weeks of Oklahoma children getting away from their abductors. The flip side of this coin...TWO abductors are/were IN Oklahoma! They desperately need to be caught before they are successful in their attempts.

There isn't enough information out yet on this perp, but could be the same man in both cases. I hope they do artists' sketches soon to be released to the public.
    Last edited by SeriouslySearching; 01-29-2007 at 03:15 PM. Reason: adding a note
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by mistivon
    (Tulsa, Okla.) January 28 - Officers say the boy did exactly what he was supposed to fight back against the man who reportedly tried to abduct him. Law enforcement say they are trying to make sure the suspect doesn't strike again. Deputies say it's also important parents and kids do what they can as well.

Residents say the area has been a pretty safe neighborhood. But now the neighborhood and law enforcement are dealing with the fact a man reportedly drove up behind Gene Canadee’s grandson, got out of his car and tried to take the boy. “He had been taught to lock his legs around the bike... so they'd have to pull him and the bike both.”

what an awesome kid!

more at link:

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/stor...4-3eb5ce98cc0b
    I think it would be cool if AMW/John Walsh did a children's show of survivors and what they did to get away. There's nothing better than a child telling other children things like this.

I can remember the TV show about 911 calls (was it called 911?!) that had many episodes where children were the heroes. Lots of those children said they had learned from that show!

I know John Walsh has some type of child safety video he promotes, but I'd like to see something on tv on a regular basis.

Oh well. Dreaming again.

I'm also wondering if this could be the same guy who abducted the ten year old girl who escaped. A dark red SUV could be mistake for a dark purple. It may have possible even been maroon or just dirty during the other attack, or he could have access to more vehicles. My mother thinks that there are some copycat abductions going on after the news of Ben and Shawn. Maybe these freaks are afraid that more and more children are going to kept off the streets and be more warned and afraid, so they are striking quickly.