First Hand Knowledge Of What It Feels Like To Be Strangled!!

Ames

Reaction score
I posted this over at another board...that shall remain nameless. But, I thought that you nice folks here, would like to read it, too.

I would just like to say that when I was really young, and in Elementary School, I rode the bus with a high school boy, that I swear was satan's son. He was really mean to all of the younger kids on the bus. While I was sitting in one of the seats, minding my OWN business, he was sitting directly behind me. He took a cord, about the width of a shoe string, and placed it in front of my neck, and began to pull as hard as he could, from behind. As he was doing this, I heard his grunts....from pulling so tight...and in between his grunts, his laughter. He apparently thought this was funny!! Anyway, I can still remember gasping for air, as my throat closed in...and also scratching my neck, trying desperately to remove the cord so that I could breathe. As I was about to lose conciousness....satan's son finally let go. I will never forget that feeling as long as I live. Having your airway cut off, is a terrible feeling. I almost clawed my neck to shreds...just trying to get my fingers under it enough so that I could at least TRY to pull it away. My strength, being an elementary student, was no match for the male (satan's son) high school student. He was suspended from the BUS! Geez....what a "high" price to pay, for "merely" tryng to strangle someone. His butt should have gone to juvenille detention. I was not the only person that he did this to, this guy was a "real sweetheart". :furious: Now for the reason that I have went into my memory bank, and pulled this out....I believe that JB's head injury came first..and then the strangulation....or ELSE...she would have had severe scratches on her neck, from trying to remove the cord, AND would have had lots of her own FRESH skin (not old dna that is always present) under her fingernails. IMO the head wound came first...followed by the strangulation. Trust me....I should know. (IMO)

Ames said:
I posted this over at another board...that shall remain nameless. But, I thought that you nice folks here, would like to read it, too.

I would just like to say that when I was really young, and in Elementary School, I rode the bus with a high school boy, that I swear was satan's son. He was really mean to all of the younger kids on the bus. While I was sitting in one of the seats, minding my OWN business, he was sitting directly behind me. He took a cord, about the width of a shoe string, and placed it in front of my neck, and began to pull as hard as he could, from behind. As he was doing this, I heard his grunts....from pulling so tight...and in between his grunts, his laughter. He apparently thought this was funny!! Anyway, I can still remember gasping for air, as my throat closed in...and also scratching my neck, trying desperately to remove the cord so that I could breathe. As I was about to lose conciousness....satan's son finally let go. I will never forget that feeling as long as I live. Having your airway cut off, is a terrible feeling. I almost clawed my neck to shreds...just trying to get my fingers under it enough so that I could at least TRY to pull it away. My strength, being an elementary student, was no match for the male (satan's son) high school student. He was suspended from the BUS! Geez....what a "high" price to pay, for "merely" tryng to strangle someone. His butt should have gone to juvenille detention. I was not the only person that he did this to, this guy was a "real sweetheart". :furious: Now for the reason that I have went into my memory bank, and pulled this out....I believe that JB's head injury came first..and then the strangulation....or ELSE...she would have had severe scratches on her neck, from trying to remove the cord, AND would have had lots of her own FRESH skin (not old dna that is always present) under her fingernails. IMO the head wound came first...followed by the strangulation. Trust me....I should know. (IMO)

I agree, JonBenet had degraded dna under her fingernail, not her skin or someone elses, I think I too will claw and scratch to get the garrotte off, if I were being strangled. Unconcious, she lay there.

Show Me said:
I agree, JonBenet had degraded dna under her fingernail, not her skin or someone elses, I think I too will claw and scratch to get the garrotte off, if I were being strangled. Unconcious, she lay there.
Exactly...there is no way that anyone out there can convince me otherwise. I know from first hand experience...that her own skin would have been under her nails. I also know from my own experience...that even though I was strangled from behind, IF he had of managed to strangle me from the front....I still would have been too busy trying to remove the cord from my neck, to have scratched him too. So, I wouldn't expect her to have her attacker's skin under her nails...because of that reason. BUT...she should have had all sorts of scratches on her neck, and her own skin under her nails...from clawing. The reason for the lack of scratches and skin....is because she was unconcious.

I think so too,that and the fact that JR says the head wound came last...means it likely came first,and this story proves it,IMO.

I have just finished reading a book written by a woman who was a PA in NY for almost 30 years.

One of the things she talked about was strangulation.
She said that when a person is strangled the eyes have
a lot of pitechia(sp). Was this true regarding JB's eyes.
I can't remember what the autosy report said about her eyes.

I agree that a person would try and grab the area of the neck to remove the rope.

I have always believed that the head wound came first but never thought about the added support of that evidence that, had she been conscious during the strangulation, she would have been clawing at her neck to try to get air. Thank you for sharing your experience, Ames. I am sorry that you had to go through that as a child. Bullies are awful people.

Wow, Ames, I'm glad you lived to tell this. What a sick guy-where is he now? Prison? I doubt he changed his ways. (Sorry, off-topic but I was curious.)

Taximom said:
Wow, Ames, I'm glad you lived to tell this. What a sick guy-where is he now? Prison? I doubt he changed his ways. (Sorry, off-topic but I was curious.)
Thanks, I am glad that I lived to tell it too!!! Yep, he was a sicko alright....to be honest, I don't know where he is now. I know that he got married (POOR GIRL!) and had some kids (poor KIDS!). I am sure that he probably never changed his evil ways, I think that once a bully, always a bully...that usually ends up behind bars. And thats probably where he is right now...and where he NEEDED to be after he tried to strangle me. I will never forget that feeling, as long as I live.

Cypros said:
I have always believed that the head wound came first but never thought about the added support of that evidence that, had she been conscious during the strangulation, she would have been clawing at her neck to try to get air. Thank you for sharing your experience, Ames. I am sorry that you had to go through that as a child. Bullies are awful people.
Thank you Cypros....I agree, bullies ARE awful people.

There is no doubt in my mind WHATSOEVER...that the head wound came first.

Darlene733510 said:
I have just finished reading a book written by a woman who was a PA in NY for almost 30 years.

One of the things she talked about was strangulation.
She said that when a person is strangled the eyes have
a lot of pitechia(sp). Was this true regarding JB's eyes.
I can't remember what the autosy report said about her eyes.

I agree that a person would try and grab the area of the neck to remove the rope.
I don't know about JB, I couldn't tell by the autopsy photos. I did though....a little bit...from ruptured blood vessels in the eyelids. I believe that the head wound did not kill her though, it knocked her out. So, I am sure that she did have some bruising on the eyelids (pitechia...sp?), because she wasn't dead, yet.

Ames said:

I was strangeled as a 20 yr old by my boyfriend to the point I blacked out for a second. I didnt dig at my neck, or scratch him up. He took me standing up and off guard, I had little time to react or get a grip on him anywhere.

If her hands were restrained, she wouldn't have been able to claw at her neck.

If that bully would've tried something like that with one of my kids, being kicked off the bus would've been the LEAST of his troubles! What a jerk!

goddess said:
I was strangeled as a 20 yr old by my boyfriend to the point I blacked out for a second. I didnt dig at my neck, or scratch him up. He took me standing up and off guard, I had little time to react or get a grip on him anywhere.
Did he use his hands...because its easier and faster to strangle someone that way, because you can squeeze the neck all the way around, and it doesn't take long to close it off, and cut off your air. It would be different with a cord, with someone pulling....from behind.

julianne said:
If her hands were restrained, she wouldn't have been able to claw at her neck.

If her hands had been restrained, she would have fought at the ropes or cord that was binding them, causing frictions burns...IMO. I do not believe her hands were restrained...I think the head blow came first.

If that bully would've tried something like that with one of my kids, being kicked off the bus would've been the LEAST of his troubles! What a jerk!
I know, my parents were and still are extremely passive. I have two kids...and IF something like that ever happened to one of them....they would be the LAST person that the jerk tried to strangle. I can assure you of that!

Wow Ames...what a story!

I also believe JonBenet was hit over the head first...strangled last. She did not have skin under her nails.

Her hyoid bone was intact...and although there was pettechiae, not as much if she had been concious!

The cord used was embedded in her neck in an almost perfect circumference. No way someone who was concious could get strangled so perfectly. Her tongue was not bloated either...suggesting to me that she was close to dying from the head wound.

My belief is that the strangulation was staging.

Toltec said:
Wow Ames...what a story!

I also believe JonBenet was hit over the head first...strangled last. She did not have skin under her nails.

Her hyoid bone was intact...and although there was pettechiae, not as much if she had been concious!

The cord used was embedded in her neck in an almost perfect circumference. No way someone who was concious could get strangled so perfectly. Her tongue was not bloated either...suggesting to me that she was close to dying from the head wound.

me too.I think by that time,PR's screaming subsided,and she(or they?) decided to stage the whole thing.I suspect JB was seizuring and vomiting,and that stopped all of a sudden ...and she went limp,and was thought dead at that point.
I've read Smit the Schmuck and others say the little hemmorages above the rope in the pics are where she clawed...I think no way.There was no fresh skin under her nails,and she would have clawed much worse that that I think ! I think they're just that..little hemmorages.
I think the ligature was to stage manual strangulation,her hair rearraged was to cover the head wound(maybe someone not thinking straight would assume the coroner thought cause of death was just from the ligature?),and the bleeding was from a sexual assualt being staged to cover previous abuse.

Toltec said:
Wow Ames...what a story!

You are exactly right. I am no doctor...but, I would guess that if her heart had of been pumping fast...because of being scared, or fighting for her life....there would have been more pettechiae. I could be wrong about that...but it would make sense, because there would have been more blood pumping. And you are definately right about the cord being in an almost perfect circumference...definately another sign that she was unconscious when she was strangled. She also would have bit her tongue and the inside of her mouth (cheek). So many reasons that I KNOW that the head wound came FIRST.

JMO8778 said:
me too.I think by that time,PR's screaming subsided,and she(or they?) decided to stage the whole thing.I suspect JB was seizuring and vomiting,and that stopped all of a sudden ...and she went limp,and was thought dead at that point.
I've read Smit the Schmuck and others say the little hemmorages above the rope in the pics are where she clawed...I think no way.There was no fresh skin under her nails,and she would have clawed much worse that that I think ! I think they're just that..little hemmorages.
I think the ligature was to stage manual strangulation,her hair rearraged was to cover the head wound(maybe someone not thinking straight would assume the coroner thought cause of death was just from the ligature?),and the bleeding was from a sexual assualt being staged to cover previous abuse.
I am with you on this one....there is no way that those little hemmorages above the rope in the pictures are where she clawed. Where is the skin under her nails? Her nails were clipped by the ME...that tells me that they were long enough to have made scratch marks, and for her to have her own skin under them. IF...she had been strangled first...WHICH she WASN'T. I believe that they are just little hemmorages too. I agree with you...I believe that the ligature was used to stage manual strangulation too. To me its pretty simple....Patsy lost it and totally went over the edge, she pushed JB into the side of the tub, cracked her skull, JB convulsed, went unconscious....Patsy shook her trying to revive her, when she couldn't...she screamed...John heard the scream, he came a running....and helped to cover up the crime..and they both got away with it....what a da*n shame.

Ames said:
You are exactly right. I am no doctor...but, I would guess that if her heart had of been pumping fast...because of being scared, or fighting for her life....there would have been more pettechiae. I could be wrong about that...but it would make sense, because there would have been more blood pumping. And you are definately right about the cord being in an almost perfect circumference...definately another sign that she was unconscious when she was strangled. She also would have bit her tongue and the inside of her mouth (cheek). So many reasons that I KNOW that the head wound came FIRST.
yes,another thing, IMO, is the head wound came first b/c JR said it came last...he always has a reason to cover their behinds..he doesn't want anyone to know that tempers flared and JB was manually strangled and struck with an object b/f the ligature strangulation.

I also believe that she was hit on the head first. I have to wonder what the problem was with PR's bathroom. She said that she could not take a shower there. Could something have happened to JB in that bathroom? Was she trying to deter LE from thoroughly checking there, by saying her shower did not work.

I know many think the maglite caused the wound on the head, but I still wonder if a shower spray attachment could have done the same type of wound, and maybe in the attack, the sprayer was broken, or came loose from
what it was attached to - therefore no shower for PR.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back